PDA

View Full Version : Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix July 14 to 24

Viperenvy
04-27-2022, 10:42 AM
The 2022 Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix (PVGP) will prove to be a special event for Viper owners and enthusiasts.

The eleven (11) day event will have something for everyone!

July 14-17 – Pittsburgh International Race Complex

- See Schedule, Costs, and details on website below

- VOA Western Reserve will have an area to display Vipers and watch the events on Spectators Hill

- Robert "Bob" Stickland coordinating those who want to enter their Viper in the races - DM for contact information

- Roy Sjoberg and Team Viper members will be in attendance

Friday, July 15 – Blacktie & Tailpipes Gala

July 18, 20, 21 - Various Car Shows Around Pittsburgh
- See Schedule, Costs, and details on website below
- Roy Sjoberg will be attending most of them

Friday, July 22 – Viper Team Dinner
– The Pittsburgh Golf Club, established in 1896 and located along the golf course, boasts a rich history and tradition.
– 5:30 arrival and Viper Show in front of the Golf Club.
– Dinner from 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM.
– Cost is $45 per person. Register on the ShowClix box on this page.

Saturday, July 23 – Spotlight Exhibit
– Be a part of the International Car Show
– Special area for Viper owners to display on 18th fairway by the Cortile
– Cost is $125 for the weekend and includes lunch for 2 in the Pittsburgh Golf Club.
– Morning Presentation at Viper Tent by Viper Team.
– Participants receive a commemorative PVGP Race Program, window decal.

** - Evening Viper Team Reception at the hotel

Sunday, July 24 – Spotlight Exhibit
– Be a part of the International Car Show
– Afternoon Presentation at Viper Tent by Viper Team.
– Wine Tasting at Turn 9 at Westinghouse Pond along the Schenley Park track.
– Self Guided Paddock Tour.
– Participants receive a commemorative PVGP Race Program, window decal.

Going to be an amazing 11 days of activities for you to plan around and pick what you want to attend. https://pvgp.org/about-us/

Viper specific information at https://pvgp.org/about-us/

Viperenvy
07-08-2022, 07:17 AM
From Shawn Romig - Viper Race Car Historian

RARE VIEWING OPPORTUNITY

On the weekend of July 23-24, 2022 both GTS-R C7 - winner of the 1998 Le Mans 24 Hours GT2 class and GTS-R C21 - winner of the 2000 Rolex 24 at Daytona OVERALL - will be on display as part of the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix. These cars rarely leave the Chrysler/Stellantis collection let alone together. Four original Team Viper members will be on hand to give a presentation each day and on Friday, July 22 they will be featured at a Viper dinner to which tickets can be purchased. For more information visit https://pvgp.org/viper-spotlight/

Viperenvy
07-14-2022, 08:42 AM
*****Team Viper Attendance Cancelled*****

This weekends PVGP Team Viper event at Pitt Race has been CANCELLED. As a result, Team Viper and Ralph Gilles will NOT be in attendance.

Racing for the weekend as planned will still continue, just without the Viper involvement initial expected.

Due to unforeseen circumstances with the class and Vipers with mechanical issues, those who remained elected to withdraw.

The VOA Western Reserve region will still have a tent on the hill in their normal location to watch racing and have a GREAT time!

Team Viper will be in attendance the following weekend along with several prominent GTS-Rs at Schenley Park July 22 to 24.

Viperenvy
07-14-2022, 04:49 PM
Apparently, there has been some confusion. I will try to clarify.

NO, the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix 10 day event has not been cancelled.

YES, Team Viper will be attending the second weekend, July 22-24, for the PVGP Shenley Park event.

NO, Team Viper WILL NOT be attending the event at Pitt Race this weekend.

Please DM message me for any question or additional clarification on the event. The event is expecting to get close to 200,000 attendees over the 10 days.

Viperenvy
07-21-2022, 03:57 PM
I have two spots, first come first serve, to Friday nights dinner with Team Viper. DM me immediately if interested. $45

Viperenvy
07-21-2022, 06:03 PM
I have two spots, first come first serve, to Friday nights dinner with Team Viper. DM me immediately if interested. $45

SOLD

Viperenvy
07-23-2022, 05:44 AM
Team Viper Live Stream 10 am Eastern

https://pvgp.org/press-coverage/livestream/