PDA

View Full Version : IN KY VOA Monthly Meeting Noon April 9 2022 at Captain s Quarters Prospect KY

Steve-Indy
03-27-2022, 12:40 PM
April 9, 2022
V.O.A. Monthly Meeting
Time: 12-Noon
Address: 5700 Captains Quarters Road, Prospect, KY 40059
Phone: (502) 228-1651

Indy Area Convoy Details to Follow shortly

Prior to our noontime meeting, Cars and Coffee is held every second Saturday of the month at Captain’s Quarters which traditionally runs from 9:00-11:00AM (EDT). In years past, there has been a $5.00 fee charged for the event to benefit the Mount Sinai Dystonia Center.

ALL Viper Owners are WELCOME !!

Steve-Indy
04-04-2022, 09:37 AM
REMINDER

Our lunch and April VOA meeting will start at Noon (EDT) at Captain’s Quarters in Louisville, KY on Saturday, April 9, 2022.
Captain's Quarters Riverside Grill
5700 Captain's Quarters Rd., Prospect, KY 40059

This is located just off of River Road a few miles EAST of Louisville's Zorn Ave.
Info Link: http://www.yellowpages.com/prospect-ky/mip/quarters-riverside-grille-captains-9049862?lid=9049862

Indy area CONVOY info: We will gather at the Shell / Circle K Fuel Station located at:

2105 E. King Street
Franklin, IN 46131

at 9:45 AM. We will DEPART at 10:00 AM... SHARP !!! Members SOUTH of Indy can join us as we roll southward on I-65. Please plan to keep in touch via cell phone with James Jackson for travel updates. 317-601-9759

NOTE: This Convoy meeting point is located at I-65 Exit 90

The weather forecast is currently showing departure time temps in the mid 30’s with a high for the day of 43 degrees. Please Note, IF you intend to drive your Viper, Lower temps = higher horsepower and cold pavement. Drive with caution!

PLEASE FUEL BEFORE we depart !!

NOTE that the NEW, "East End" I-265 bridge is now OPEN....AND, the speed limit on the Indiana section of I-265 has recently been raised to 70 mph !! We plan to use this new route to the Prospect, KY area. This is a TOLL BRIDGE WITHOUT TOLL BOOTHS. You will receive a bill at home at a later date.
Expect to pay $4.00 per trip ($8.00 round trip) for cars without a transponder or without a preregistered account.

FOR THOSE who miss the "convoy", the planned route will take I-65 SOUTH to about 6 miles north of the Ohio River where we will take Exit 6 to get on I-265 EAST, crossing the River in the "East End" I-265 bridge. Shortly, we will exit on to I-71 EAST (toward Cincinnati), but IMMEDIATELY EXIT I-71 to head NORTH TOWARD Indiana (essentially using two sides of the same cloverleaf) on I-265 NORTHBOUND...soon to exit on KY 841 which is "Gene Snyder Freeway" which will lead us to U.S. 42 in Prospect. Turn LEFT at the light and take U.S.42 up the hill toward Louisville for about 1/4 mile, then take "Wolf Pen Branch Road" to the RIGHT (NORTH), winding down the hill to pick up River Road. Travel NORTH and WEST on River Road a short distance to Captain's Quarters. DON'T SPEED IN THIS AREA!!!

Prior to our noontime meeting, there will be a Cars and Coffee event held every second Saturday of the month at Captain’s Quarters which typically runs from 9:00-11:00am (EDT). In years past, there has been a fee to enter the event with proceeds benefiting local charities. If those from the Indy region plan to attend the event, you will need to depart sooner than the times noted above… we will meet you there for lunch.

https://www.mbca.org/node/7437752

NOTE: Lunch WILL be provided by the Club.

As Always, ALL Viper Owners are Welcome!!

Best Regards,

James Jackson, President, VOA IN/KY Region, Inc.
(317) 601-9759

Steve-Indy
04-08-2022, 11:41 AM
Weather tomorrow definitely not good for Snakes.

Jump into your daily driver and come join a great group for lunch and car talk !

REMEMBER: ALL Viper owners are WELCOME !!

Steve-Indy
04-09-2022, 06:11 PM
Nice gathering, good food, and great conversations. As President Jackson predicted, the C&C was canceled due to the weather. So, we had much of the restaurant to ourselves.

A big THANK YOU goes to all who made the trip...
especially the two Vipers !!

Steve-Indy
04-10-2022, 05:47 PM
Of course...one day AFTER our meeting, we have great weather !!

I hope that at least some of you were able to exercise your Viper today.