PDA

View Full Version : Anything going on this weekend

No hemi
03-23-2022, 08:47 AM
Just checking if there's anything car related etc going on this weekend.

ViperSRT
03-23-2022, 04:20 PM
Good luck. Been here since Thanksgiving and I haven’t heard of any events other than cars and coffee which don’t interest me unless there is some level of Viper organization. We will be heading back north in a month where events happen very frequently. Oh well

ViperPete
04-27-2022, 06:01 PM
Good luck. Been here since Thanksgiving and I haven’t heard of any events other than cars and coffee which don’t interest me unless there is some level of Viper organization. We will be heading back north in a month where events happen very frequently. Oh well

I hosted an event in March with a tour of NPD (found here: https://driveviper.com/forums/threads/29740-Ocala-meet ) and more recently there was a large gathering at the Celebration Exotic Car Festival. I saw that you posted on that thread, did you end up going?

Also there is much more chatter on the VOA facebook page with local gatherings than get posted here on the forum.

The primary difficulty with getting Vipers together in central FL is that everyone lives to far from each other. Jax to Sarasota and everything in between.

Have you hosted any events, or wanted to do something specific?

ViperSRT
04-27-2022, 07:22 PM
I hosted an event in March with a tour of NPD (found here: https://driveviper.com/forums/threads/29740-Ocala-meet ) and more recently there was a large gathering at the Celebration Exotic Car Festival. I saw that you posted on that thread, did you end up going?

Also there is much more chatter on the VOA facebook page with local gatherings than get posted here on the forum.

The primary difficulty with getting Vipers together in central FL is that everyone lives to far from each other. Jax to Sarasota and everything in between.

Have you hosted any events, or wanted to do something specific?

Yes I know about both, but neither were club events. The Ocala event specifically said it wasn’t a Viper event. Celebration exotic event may have been planned with some people, but not a club event. We were there walking around and talked to a couple of owners. Prior to the day of the exotic car event I had no idea Vipers were included as an exotic or if any Vipers would be present.

All said we are returning to Michigan next week and are quite surprised at the lack of planned club activities. What exactly does the VOA membership mean here? There is no calendar of events, no regular communication, and the Facebook site is basically dead, as is the VOA regional website page. Where does the dues go? I have been a member a total of 1 1/2 years and during that period (2014 and 2022) have been unaware of a club sponsored event exclusively for members. No need to spend $150-200 for cars and coffee events.

MAMBA FANGZZ
04-28-2022, 11:37 PM
Yes I know about both, but neither were club events. The Ocala event specifically said it wasn’t a Viper event. Celebration exotic event may have been planned with some people, but not a club event. We were there walking around and talked to a couple of owners. Prior to the day of the exotic car event I had no idea Vipers were included as an exotic or if any Vipers would be present.

All said we are returning to Michigan next week and are quite surprised at the lack of planned club activities. What exactly does the VOA membership mean here? There is no calendar of events, no regular communication, and the Facebook site is basically dead, as is the VOA regional website page. Where does the dues go? I have been a member a total of 1 1/2 years and during that period (2014 and 2022) have been unaware of a club sponsored event exclusively for members. No need to spend $150-200 for cars and coffee events.

Ron, I'm sorry that we haven't communicated events out as well as they should be compared to mcvo but we are trying to get everything setup with the large region we have (450 miles from the furthest club member to the other). You have obviously known about the Viper events going on within our (your) immediate area, and while we don't publicize them as VOA events, there are many VOA members there. I would appreciate if you would join our regional board of directors because we need someone as passionate about this club and our cars as you. You (and anyone else for that matter) can call me at 561-866-6933. Nick