PDA

View Full Version : New member from South Georgia

esqeddy
04-07-2014, 11:31 PM
Hello ladies and gentlemen. My name is Eddy. I'm a new member here and a new proud Viper owner.

Over the years I've owned numerous hot rods of various sorts and abilities. Everything from a souped up SS El Camino when I was 17, to German modified 1 of 3 Vette, GT500, RX7, M3, etc. Likewise, I've owned a lot of drag cars to include a '70 Chevelle, '68 Camaro, and a long list of dragsters. In '06 & '07 I was into land speed racing with an '03 Mustang Cobra that I re-engineered. I used her to set numerous ECTA records and a few SCTA world records at the Bonneville Salt Flats. All this is to say that performance vehicles are not new to me. In fact, I don't feel right without one.... about like leaving the house but forgetting to wear my watch.

However, of all the performance cars I've owned, and loved, I can honestly say that I am enjoying my '08 Viper as much and more than any other I have owned. Unlike the drag cars I owned (and still own) I can drive my Viper on the street and drive her anytime I desire. Unlike the other sports/performance cars I've owned, none have had the overall well rounded performance, style, and rarity that my Viper has. I live in rural South Georgia. In fact, I live in a one red light town, and its the county seat. Although you see Corvettes, Mustangs, BMWs, and the like, you never ever see a Viper around here.... until now. :D

I'm delighted to at last be a Viper owner, and a new member of VOA.

Thank you for allowing me to introduce myself.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/594/uytl.jpg (https://imageshack.com/i/giuytlj)
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/69/ac30.jpg (https://imageshack.com/i/1xac30j)

SandViper
04-08-2014, 12:19 AM
Welcome

James430
04-08-2014, 03:20 AM
Welcome...Love the Black and Silver,Sounds like you have the same "Horsepower Sickness" a lot of us have!!....:)

LATAMUD
04-08-2014, 03:26 AM
Welcome.

V1P3R
04-08-2014, 08:04 AM
Congratulations and Welcome! Great looking auto!

JonB ~ PartsRack
04-08-2014, 10:58 AM
EDDIE:

Please join fellow owners this weekend April 12-13 at ROAD ATLANTA. Take a few minutes of PARADE LAPS in your Viper, behind the NARRA PACE VIPER..... See threads posted on this site about the event. You can just SHOW UP, your Viper is your paddock-pass.

Hope to meet you there....

C.J
04-08-2014, 01:10 PM
Welcome Eddy! Love that black with silver(?) stripes. There is one available up here near Raleigh that is the same paint scheme and it looks awesome! Glad your corner of GA finally has a Viper!

AbsolutHank
04-08-2014, 01:25 PM
Looks awesome...welcome!

St.Char
04-08-2014, 04:01 PM
Awesome! Nice looking car and great choice. After reading your post, can't hardly wait to see what you do with the snake:dude3:

Torquemonster06
04-08-2014, 06:38 PM
Welcome to the VOA. Congrats on the new viper. The black is beautiful.

DrTaco
04-09-2014, 09:27 AM
Nice lookin' car. Congrats and welcome

No hemi
04-09-2014, 03:13 PM
welcome to the VOA, Check the TOD thread, you'll like that!!!.

Leslie
04-09-2014, 03:21 PM
Wow you are a true car guy!
Congrats on the Viper, I have an'08 also.

esqeddy
04-09-2014, 09:15 PM
Wow! Gentlemen! You have honored me. I am humbled at such a warm welcome.

I plan on coming up to Atlanta this weekend with my 13 year old son this weekend. I am going to make the 3 hour drive in my Viper there and back. A road trip with just me and my boy.

We are both excited. In fact, my son is just discovering the love of cars.

http://driveviper.com/forums/threads/3008-That-1st-day-a-boy-falls-in-love-with-a-car?p=45254#post45254

Again, thank you each for the wonderfully warm welcome.

MI Viper
04-10-2014, 09:24 AM
Nice Snake! and welcome to VOA

Boba Fett
04-10-2014, 10:19 AM
Very Nice Snake you have there Sir

JonB ~ PartsRack
04-14-2014, 01:21 PM
So, How Did it GO ?!?!

esqeddy
04-14-2014, 09:10 PM
Gentlemen! Every now and then.... on rare occasions.... the starts align and the element coalesce.

And you have a perfect day. My 13 yo son and I drove up and met with wonderful Viper owners and lovers who had assembled at Road Atlanta for the NARRA Georgia Viper event. I didn't count, but there were about 20 Vipers, plus the impressive Vipers that were there to race. The hospitality of everyone there was wonderful.

I got to take my newly acquired Viper around the track with my son beside me. It provided a good chance for me to really reel how this car can handles. Not all out, but far more than I could ever do on the street. At a break, my son, lacking any shyness what so ever, approached and got permission to ride in the pace car Viper for the rest of the parade laps.

So off he went! He loved it. Later that day we went to a car show in Tucker, Ga. that we just happened across. My son insisted on shinning her up and we brushed her up in the parking lot of the convenience store. Then we rode over, they let us in for free (I had the only Viper there) and we parked her. I got out and opened the hood like the rest of the cars and a crowd gathered. I then asked my son if he wanted go look at the other cars with me. Instead, he wanted to stay and polish on her even more. When I came back, he was letting little kids sit in her while their parents snapped pics!

I finally drug him away and showed him the other cars. He was in awe.

The next morning, when we woke up in the Hotel room and turned on the TV there was some great car show where they were showing mini cars in Georgia.

Yes... the Car Cupid definitely shot an arrow right though my son's heart. I've been thinking all day about what his first car should be!?

It was a lovely cool blue sky day in Georgia. A car day. It

99RT10
04-14-2014, 09:52 PM
Make sure to save the dates of 29May-1 June in Gatlingburg, TN. If you thought that was fun, you ain't seen nothing yet........................

http://driveviper.com/forums/threads/1027-Tail-of-the-Dragon-2014

CaptainDavid
04-15-2014, 02:16 PM
Eddy, met you at Road Atlanta this last Saturday, Welcome to the Best Dang Car club inna world. The Georgia VOA...enjoyed our visit and meeting your son..
see you soon.

JonB ~ PartsRack
04-15-2014, 04:26 PM
ESQ EDDIE: In one of those rare small-world alignments, guess who was that Pace Car driver who 'hosted' your son?!

Hint: Go back and read post # 6 in this thread!

esqeddy
04-18-2014, 08:50 PM
Make sure to save the dates of 29May-1 June in Gatlingburg, TN. If you thought that was fun, you ain't seen nothing yet........................

http://driveviper.com/forums/threads/1027-Tail-of-the-Dragon-2014

I've got it marked on my calendar. Am trying to adjust my schedule. I certainly want to come!

Eddy, met you at Road Atlanta this last Saturday, Welcome to the Best Dang Car club inna world. The Georgia VOA...enjoyed our visit and meeting your son..
see you soon.

Thank you so much! It was a fantastic day. Everyone was great.

And without question, a day that will live in the heart and soul of my son forever. :D

ESQ EDDIE: In one of those rare small-world alignments, guess who was that Pace Car driver who 'hosted' your son?!

Hint: Go back and read post # 6 in this thread!

HA! That was great. Your hospitality was spectacular.

When my son, who has no understanding of the concept "shy", asked if he could ride in the Official Pace Car, he first asked if it would hurt my feelings. I said no and then out he sprang! I was mostly expecting him to get a polite rejection for one of many possible reasons. I wouldn't have been upset, nor would Marshall have been. However, if I had said no, I'd be hearing about it all the way home, so I figured it was just easier to let him ask. To my surprise, but not my son's, you simply looked to me to make sure it was OK, and off ya'll went!!!

It was spectacular, and I am forever grateful. Thank you kind sir.

Double0fox
04-18-2014, 10:10 PM
Replied to you over on SVTP. Glad you came this way, and joined up. She's beautiful. Once again Congrats, they are like nothing else, but now you know that.

Viper98912
04-28-2014, 10:36 PM
Welcome. On the south side of Atlanta, although not as far as your 3 hr drive.

esqeddy
04-29-2014, 12:02 AM
Replied to you over on SVTP. Glad you came this way, and joined up. She's beautiful. Once again Congrats, they are like nothing else, but now you know that.

I recall. Thank you! And you sure said a mouthful! They really are like nothing else. Each one is a special work of art. I feel privileged to own one. :D

Welcome. On the south side of Atlanta, although not as far as your 3 hr drive.

You must be part of the Georgia Club! Look forward to meeting you!!!