PDA

View Full Version : Simple question, what are the front and rear offsets for Gen 3 wheels

St.Char
10-31-2013, 11:41 PM
Looking at various wheels for my Gen 3 but can't seem to get consistent answers for wheels offsets. Hopefully first of many posts, looking forward too hanging out here and getting through the winter while my car sits in storage. My last car was a Lingenfelter Vette, sure enjoyed that car, but always wanted a Viper. Just purchased a 2003 with only 5K on the clock. Bought from a collector and has been well preserved and has some great bones, just needs to be awakened! Looking to doing a few mods starting with rotors, calipers and wheels. Also looking for a place that does caliper exchange, LMK if you have a recommendation- Thx.

uvbnbit
11-01-2013, 05:27 AM
where you located? some good options on brake upgrades. all depends on what you expect and how much coin you want to drop.
as far as wheel offset goes, are you wanting to know what the fender well/hub can take or what the offset is on the OE wheels?

St.Char
11-01-2013, 07:05 AM
where you located? some good options on brake upgrades. all depends on what you expect and how much coin you want to drop.
as far as wheel offset goes, are you wanting to know what the fender well/hub can take or what the offset is on the OE wheels?

Looking for offsets for OE wheels...

uvbnbit
11-01-2013, 07:26 AM
Will go check my OE wheel catalogue and be right back

uvbnbit
11-01-2013, 07:35 AM
My catalog does not specify. I'm thinking 50-55mm. Check with JonB.

Nine Ball
11-01-2013, 07:36 AM
I normally do not use the factory wheel offsets, they aren't aggressive enough and tuck too far under the car. Gets worse when the car is lowered. We normally spec the offsets to make them sit flush with the vehicle body. Some even prefer the tires to poke out a tiny bit, maybe 1/8" like the racecars do.

St.Char
11-01-2013, 11:07 PM
I normally do not use the factory wheel offsets, they aren't aggressive enough and tuck too far under the car. Gets worse when the car is lowered. We normally spec the offsets to make them sit flush with the vehicle body. Some even prefer the tires to poke out a tiny bit, maybe 1/8" like the racecars do.

Funny you should mention that....I've have been on your sight today looking at some wheels, Nice!

Forgeline1
02-21-2014, 12:40 PM
front 10@50.8mm
rear 13@ 71.1mm

St.Char
02-21-2014, 10:19 PM
front 10@50.8mm
rear 13@ 71.1mm

:owned: Thanks for the post! I finally figured this out a couple months ago when cleaning my OEM 10 Spokes and came a cross the offsets on the inside of the barrels. lol!