PDA

View Full Version : Venom 800R

Reichspeed
02-07-2022, 01:03 AM
Anyone out there have any experience with changing out the mufflers on 3rd Gen '05 Viper with the Hennessy Venom 800R upgrade. The car is too loud to drive anywhere other than at the racetrack! Just purchased the car and not sure what is behind the rocker panels although I do see there is at least one muffler in there. The Venom upgrade includes changing out the exhaust system to 3" pipes. Corsa sells a 3" cat-back exhaust but not sure if that will make it any quieter. Any info would help.

Thanks.

Mkuchavikjr
02-07-2022, 07:23 AM
Can you upload some photos of the exhaust tip? and i assume it has headers.

RedTanRT/10
02-07-2022, 09:20 AM
Did you ask them seller what kind of exhaust it has or if he made changes from the original Hennesey set up?

Possible the seller has removed the cats which will make it louder?

Loud, it subjective unless you measure with a db meter. A viper with headers and an aftermarket exhaust is going to be louder than stock.

Step 1 is to figure out exactly what you have for exhaust and cats.

Reichspeed
02-08-2022, 12:30 AM
Hey Mkuchavikjr! I live in Seattle but born and raised in Allentown. Class of '69. Went to Penn State. Anyway, the Viper has wrapped headers so can't really see them but I was told they are custom headers with Burns Stainless Steel collectors. I guess I'll need to remove the lower fenders/rocker panels and see what's actually there. Not sure how to post pics on this site.... Anyway, I'll do some investigating....

Bud

Reichspeed
02-08-2022, 12:33 AM
The seller did not know. He purchased the car and it pretty much sat in his garage for 13 years. Didn't drive it because his wife didn't like it because it was too loud. This thing is stupid loud. Don't need a dB meter... I'll have to take off one of the lower fenders/rocker panels to see what's there.

Bud

Mkuchavikjr
03-06-2022, 06:04 PM
Thats awesome, My gfs brother works in seattle im actually going out there in a few weeks to visit them and do some hiking. I also went to penn state!

Take some photos of the engine bay i may be able to figure it out from just looking.

Heres my cell if you want to text them over to me. 484-274-3037

Mikey
03-08-2022, 01:57 PM
If Hennessy touched it, I'd make sure it actually has the parts that are listed.