PDA

View Full Version : IN KY VOA Custom Viper Trailer STOLEN last night in North Central Indiana

Steve-Indy
01-29-2022, 04:37 PM
IN/KY VOA...Custom Viper Trailer STOLEN last night in North Central Indiana

Good evening, All:

As you can see from the title, a custom Viper trailer belonging to Donato Engineering was stolen last night.
For those of you who may not be aware, Mr. John Donato was an employee of Chrysler who worked with BorgWarner on the development of the T-56 transmission used in our Vipers. John currently operates Donato Engineering...a very famous establishment providing all sorts of custom builds and rehab work for our manual transmissions. John is also a long time personal friend of Jim Robertson, President Emeritus IN/KY VOA.

HOPEFULLY, by getting the word out about the theft of this custom Viper trailer, one of our fellow Viper owners may spot it and lead to the trailer's return.

BELOW is John's original post on the VOA Forum:

Stolen Trailer (Donato Engineering)
"Had my car trailer stolen last night in north central Indiana.

White 26ft ATC V nose enclosed trailer with left escape door. Was made for hauling Vipers so it sits higher than normal with a short inside wheel house. Black and polished 6 spoke alloy wheels. Has 4ft pit pal flip ramps on the inside rear door. Donato Engineering sticker on the lower rear door.

Michigan plate J99694

Contact Cass County Sheriff 574-753-7800

Thanks, John (Donato) "

AND, here is my post:

"John, sooo sorry to hear about your trailer !!

I am about to send an email to all of our IN/KY
Regional Members...hoping to get the word out ASAP.

I would also HOPE that representatives from Motor City, IL, Ohio, and Western Reserve Regions contact their Members directly as well about this theft...especially since not Members read these forums on a regular basis.

THANKS for all you have done (and still do!!) for the Viper World, John !!

Hoping you get your custom trailer returned soon...and in good shape,

Steve Fess, Membership and "Special Op" Coordinator, VOA IN/ KY Region, Inc. 317-402-9013

P.S. Our former IN/KY President Jim Robertson says hello."

To follow this thread, click the link below:

https://driveviper.com/forums/threads/29638-Stolen-Trailer

Members...PLEASE spread the word on this issue to your Viper friends and fellow gear hears !!

Thanks for your consideration,

Steve Fess, Membership and "Special Op" Coordinator, VOA IN/ KY Region, Inc. 317-402-9013