PDA

View Full Version : Vinyl overlay for badges emblems

jpmst3
01-14-2022, 02:01 PM
I am looking for a vinyl overlay for the Gen3 VIPER SRT-10 side badges, emblems or whatever you want to refer to them as.

My goal is to turn them from red to black (matte, gloss or something in between). I have tried to Plastidip them numerous times, like I have for countless other emblems. But, these seem to be one of the only ones I have ever seen where the backing material is at the very edge of the badge. So, there is no real break between the badge and the fender panel making it difficult to peel well.

It might be simple to just put a vinyl sticker over them. There are thousands of outfits out there that cut vinyl and many claim to cut something custom. But, I don't need thousands, just one set or two.
Does anyone out there have a source for overlays or a connection? There are even vinyl stickers out there with the exact layout, just nothing in the right size to use as an overlay.

I realize it is a trivial task/request, but worth a shot.
I have also seen new badges available for ~ $50 a piece. I was hoping to avoid that route, not just for the acquisition cost, but I would prefer to not have to remove the originals and retain the quick back to stock scenario.

Thanks in advance!50482