View Full Version : Hagerty Stop Worrying

Viperenvy
01-11-2022, 12:52 PM
The last paragraph says it all!

https://insider.hagerty.com/trends/it-doesnt-matter-if-theres-a-bubble/

J TNT
01-11-2022, 01:07 PM
Fully agree Brian !

I always laugh when people talk about their toys as an investment , that's what Stocks are for ........
Glad I bought Apple in 2008 , that should cover my next 3 toys........lol !

commandomatt
01-11-2022, 05:21 PM
Fully agree Brian !

I always laugh when people talk about their toys as an investment , that's what Stocks are for ........
Glad I bought Apple in 2008 , that should cover my next 3 toys........lol !

I guess you never met a real car collector then and I would recommend not laughing at them when you do.

There are plenty of people buying, selling and trading cars and do very well with it financially. In the meantime they get to enjoy being around their 'investments'. Cant really take your stocks for a spin, can you ?

I also believe there are plenty of people who lost their asses in the stock market. Easy to talk about the good investments.......seldom hear about all the stock people bought that didn't work out.

J TNT
01-11-2022, 05:40 PM
I guess you never met a real car collector then and I would recommend not laughing at them when you do.

There are plenty of people buying, selling and trading cars and do very well with it financially. In the meantime they get to enjoy being around their 'investments'. Cant really take your stocks for a spin, can you ?

I also believe there are plenty of people who lost their asses in the stock market. Easy to talk about the good investments.......seldom hear about all the stock people bought that didn't work out.

I've not known any collectors who Track their cars .......
I equate that to Dating a Hot Girl Friend :t1509: and saving her for the next guy....lol ! ;)

Viperenvy
01-11-2022, 08:37 PM
I equate that to Dating a Hot Girl Friend :t1509: and saving her for the next guy....lol ! ;)

Have you had 15, 20, 30 girlfriends at once?

J TNT
01-12-2022, 04:59 AM
Have you had 15, 20, 30 girlfriends at once?

I did Ski Patrol for 7 years in my youth , does that count …….lol !

Mbccenter
01-12-2022, 12:48 PM

I have done well with my cars and yes I do even track some of them... I have done much better with cars then I ever have in the stock market... Each there own I guess.

capevettes
01-13-2022, 05:13 AM
I love it....treating cars as investments spoils all the fun. Get out and enjoy them!

Gen3CoupeTX
01-17-2022, 11:37 AM
There's room for both, just not usually at the same time on the same car. I've had investment collector cars that I didn't drive, made a healthy return on. I've had many more that I drove and enjoyed, knowing they weren't going to be market leaders. Two things are for certain > Any post about collecting will bring out the person who feels compelled to remind you that cars are not investments, and the person who says not driving them is akin to saving your girlfriend for the next guy. Done!

capevettes
01-18-2022, 08:34 AM
There's room for both, just not usually at the same time on the same car. I've had investment collector cars that I didn't drive, made a healthy return on. I've had many more that I drove and enjoyed, knowing they weren't going to be market leaders. Two things are for certain > Any post about collecting will bring out the person who feels compelled to remind you that cars are not investments, and the person who says not driving them is akin to saving your girlfriend for the next guy. Done!

Point made. Don't disagree with you. I love to drive and my collection isn't so huge or valuable that I can't get them all out and enjoy them. If they appreciate as a by-product of that driving enjoyment, that's great, but it's not why I own them. We're all different. I have friends with large, valuable collections. Some of the cars are driven, others are not. They have done pretty well buying, holding and selling.
Whatever works for you, is fine with me. An analogy is the argument that if you like to detail your cars, you're a waxer and not a driver. The 2 are not mutually exclusive. I like to detail, but I love to drive.
It's 29 degrees here in Mass, but the roads are clear and dry. I'm taking the Viper for a nice drive. When I get back, I'll probably sit in the garage with a beer and a cigar and look at the cars. That's fun too.