PDA

View Full Version : Fuel filter and injector cleaning machine

goggles Pizano
12-28-2021, 04:55 PM
Injector cleaning machine opinion: Worth getting one to clean and flow test them? Can get one for ~$300.

Was going to replace the filter as I thought it was still original, so cleaned the connectors out and found that it was replaced with a NAPA Gold with date stamp 09/06 but this is what the input line from the pump looks like.

Don't leak before but not sure now (still waiting to get a filter, working on other stuff).

GTS Dean
12-28-2021, 08:55 PM
I'd buy it! You'll have lots of new friends throwing money at you with it.

That's a rough looking barb on the fuel line, partner.

My98RT10
12-29-2021, 12:27 AM
... Was going to replace the filter as I thought it was still original, so cleaned the connectors out and found that it was replaced with a NAPA Gold with date stamp 09/06 but this is what the input line from the pump looks like.

Don't leak before but not sure now (still waiting to get a filter, working on other stuff).

That scares me! Wanted to do mine as well this winter but when I see your input line I might reconsider my plan...:(

Hopefully, that is the exception and not the rule. My filter has very likely never been replaced so I hope they did a better job back in the day at CAAP :D

GTS Dean
12-29-2021, 08:52 AM
My filter was nearly impossible to disconnect at the inlet. It required a toothpick, compressed air, brake cleaner and repetitive push/pull effort to clear the accumulated grit and free up. Yours looks like someone didn't have that much time or patience.

goggles Pizano
12-29-2021, 09:53 AM
I saw your post about the fuel filter rant and had the same trouble removing the input line but the output came out fairly easy. That being butchered like that is maybe why it was hard to remove.

I sprayed water, air, water air, WD40, air, water, etc to wash away all the grit and dirt. I hate those comp fitting even in the compressed gas world.

What scares me now is leaks. If I knew the filter was replaced already, I might have waited.

I might need to redneck:) something with an aeromotive 10um filter as I do not want to fool with the pump since it is a POA. I know there are fuel line repair kits with the different connector and if I end up needing to go that way I use different connectors so I can use a different filter. NAPA does not carry the 3325 and the only one they have is $35 Baldwin where they only has 7 and are in Spokane, Washington.