PDA

View Full Version : Sensor o2 with New exhaust 3 quot

Mike 45
11-14-2021, 03:44 PM
Hello everyone, I finally received my BBE 3 "no cat exhaust for m'y gts gen2 after 8 months of waiting. ... my question: did you mislead the rear O2 sensors when you changed the exhaust?

uvbnbit
11-15-2021, 05:35 AM
we zip-tied the rear O2 up out of the way , no issues. You can also put foolers in there. PCM just needs to think the cats are there and doing what suppose to

uvbnbit
11-15-2021, 05:36 AM
we zip-tied the rear O2's up out of the way (if that's what you mean?) , no issues. You can also put foolers in there. PCM just needs to think the cats are there and doing what suppose to

Mikey
03-19-2022, 09:50 AM
we zip-tied the rear O2's up out of the way (if that's what you mean?) , no issues. You can also put foolers in there. PCM just needs to think the cats are there and doing what suppose to

Would this work on a gen 5? My tuner won't touch anything emissions related

Viper.954
03-20-2022, 12:20 PM
I owned a Gen 2 years ago. I removed the cats and did nothing special with the sensors. Car ran great and the interior was cooler.

GTS Dean
03-20-2022, 02:45 PM
Would this work on a gen 5? My tuner won't touch anything emissions related
Meeting Federal emissions requirements got harder with almost each passing year. Gen 5s are the hardest to mod without throwing codes. Downstream O2s are expected to move in predictable response to the upstream O2s and measure the cat operating efficiency. Hard to trick them these days - but a very few of the best tuners can.