PDA

View Full Version : Last Dragon at HSR CLASSIC 24 at DAYTONA

HUBBELL RACING
11-04-2021, 08:54 PM
Before the HSR Classic 24 Oct 30-31 we were 4 strong Corvette DP Squadron. 1 of our drivers was taken out before at a wreck at Road Atlanta. He was racing a Porsche GT3RS & hit a patch of oil after turn 1 & hit the wall at 80mph and won’t be driving again till April.
so we had 3 Dragons at start of practice. 1 DP had a sensational terrifying wreck at the exact place you never want anything to happen. He was doing around 190mph just before braking into turn 1 & the right rear tire exploded. The DP turned left 90 degrees near 190mph and the air caught it & she went straight up like an F22 did 2 vertical barrel rolls then straight up till she ran out of thrust and came slamming down on her roof, she bounced landed on her tires & stopped. Thankfully she never went straight into a wall. Driver got out conscious and sat by his car. The poor Dragon was done. Driver got checked out by track clinic & miraculously he is mostly ok. Just some bumps, bruises & sprains. I told him he had a whole squadron of angels watching over him.
next day I was flat out down back straight headed to bus stop w the VISIT FLORIDA DP about 150 ft in front of me. I watch as he goes into bus stop then does a slow spin and backs into the tire wall. I go through after him & luckily I don’t hit the oil patch he did. He’s out w cracked transmission

HUBBELL RACING
11-04-2021, 08:58 PM
BRM Chronograph is a sponsor of HSR & I got a new BRM watch for winning overall. I was wearing my own BRM during the race. The Bubbles were in Halloween Costume.

HUBBELL RACING
11-04-2021, 09:02 PM
My Co Driver Tim had a race w a modern Caddy DPi which has 1000cc more, weighs 500# less, 500# more downforce, and a carbon tub. The DPi was a very tough competitor but Tim beat it going all out in my old 2009 DP

Arizona Vipers
11-08-2021, 09:00 AM
Wow crazy weekend dude!!!!! Thanks for sharing!