PDA

View Full Version : Depressing!

PatrickB
10-31-2013, 04:20 PM
It's depressing to read these posts about some of you guys having to put the snakes to bed for the winter months, I feel bad for you guys!

I guess I'm just thankful that I live in the South where we don't have winter anymore and I'll be able to enjoy the Viper for most of the upcoming months. As weird as our "winter" weather has been over the past couple of years, I'm sure there will even be some top-down days in January and February!

Leslie
10-31-2013, 04:24 PM
Do you feel bad enough to throw me your keys?
:)

ViperSmith
10-31-2013, 07:27 PM
As long as salt isn't on the ground and it is > freezing i'll hit the roads in mine

PatrickB
10-31-2013, 08:26 PM
Do you feel bad enough to throw me your keys?
:)

Haha, sure, I'll throw you the keys......to my truck :D

Anonymous
10-31-2013, 08:37 PM
I got less than two years and were moving down to SC can't wait! New York is bleeding me dry!

johniew398
10-31-2013, 08:39 PM
Arkansas winters are mild enough that we rarely go more than two weeks where we can't drive the Viper.

GTSSNAKE
10-31-2013, 10:26 PM
NY is getting harder to live in, expensive taxes, crappy weather, and too many dishonest politicians. I got 3.5 years and I'm down south full time.

Alex Mills
10-31-2013, 11:51 PM
Rain is the big issue here. Sure, I can drive it in the rain but it's really not any fun unless the top is down and you have the grip of dry roads. All you end up doing is spinning tires in the wet.

That and the cold. It's rarely a high of below freezing so no snow but my tires certainly don't like the cold. Feels like I'm driving on hockey pucks.

Oh well, come March I'll be able to get mine out on a regular basis. Until then just the rare dry weekend. :(

Brian GTS
11-01-2013, 06:20 AM
I hear you Patrick. Funny thing is, I've heard guys from our area say they are bringing their snakes out of hibernation.....still trying to figure out what they are hibernating from??? :)

DrTaco
11-01-2013, 06:40 AM
I hate putting her away. But I have to admit I love knowing I have 5+ months of mod time. No rushing, no stressing to make the next show, just all the time in the world. I have yet to do any major mod in the summer, and prob never will. So, there IS one silver lining for us cold climate ppl

Anonymous
11-01-2013, 02:50 PM
Gts snake what part are you moving to?

Bill Pemberton
11-01-2013, 03:19 PM
Anonymous,

Just got back from a week in South Carolina ( Charleston and Hilton Head ) and have to admit it would not be hard to move there, but you live in a great area of New York, and there are alot of Viper fanatics to hang out with ---including the Wacko Wizard of South Salem!!

RTTTTed
11-01-2013, 03:30 PM
I don't mind parking my Vipers through winter. It's why some genius invented snowmobiles and Mountains. Just imagine a Viper that goes anywhere, climbs mountains, jumps off cliffs, drives on water and will take you place not one else has ever been. 150 - 500hp couple to a traction device and add a set of handlebars with a tiny single disc brake ... Fall off at 100mh and you'll probably be OK, unless there's trees.

Besides, if I could drive all over North America during winters too I'm probably need a Viper every 5 years because I'd wear them out. I get enough mileage just doing May to Oct driving. My car gets to see the continent.

... and anything more than 80F neither my TT Viper nor myself enjoy. - it's why it came with air/conditioning.

St.Char
11-01-2013, 04:16 PM
Well at least for me, I'm doing some mods over the winter and I can keep the car in the garage. It's motivation for me every time I walk by it:dude3:

Anonymous
11-01-2013, 04:30 PM
We're movin to myrtle beach but I will be working back and forth to NY and still be able to Hang with Chuck