PDA

View Full Version : Looking for PNW owners

GRglasser
09-22-2021, 07:41 PM
Hey All! My name is George. I'm new to the site and a relatively new Viper owner (May 2020). I'm looking for other Viper owners in the Oregon/Washington area. I'd like to organize or join any Viper events Spring/Summer next year. Please friend me if you know of events or want to join up when I manage to organize one. I'm in Lebanon OR.

Also, I need a driver's door stanchion (Gen 1), and battery cover. I'm handy, but still very green mechanically, so if anybody knows of trustworthy techs in the area, that would be appreciated. Someday in the not-so-near future I intend to swap final drive, and perhaps mod the exhaust (mine is stock). I don't trust myself for that kind of work.

Steve-Indy
09-23-2021, 06:18 AM
Hello, George...WELCOME to the Viper community !!

I would suggest that you join the Viper Owners Association (see the banner at the top of this page) which will help you get to to know the owner's in/near your area. There is a fantastic magazine that you will receive quarterly that contains events, Viper stories, and technical information. Given the aging of our favorite vehicles, general care, specific maintenance, and parts acquisition all become very important. "It takes a village..." and our club provides that group of enthusiastic people.

If you want more info on the club or a particular Viper issue, feel free to call me at 317-402-9013 and I will try to help.

JonB ~ PartsRack
09-23-2021, 12:56 PM
PAC-NW club is long-dead-and-gone. VOA Mag Editor even showed a DOGs HEAD as regional prez a couple recent year til I complained....... SAD, because it was a VERY ACTIVE club from 1994 - 2002. Founding Club ! Example: The VGX-SRT10 debuted at PIR a month before its "official" club debut at VOI-7. Every member got a ride with a SRT engineer. Owners came from CA, WA, BC, OR to see and ride in the Gen 3.

Now, SEATTLE has a few autocrosses in SHELTON WA in Summers

Good Luck

OE Parts at www.ViperPartsRackAmerica.com (http://www.ViperPartsRackAmerica.com)

Perf Parts at www.ViperPartsRack.com (http://www.ViperPartsRack.com)

Viperenvy
09-23-2021, 05:55 PM
First, really like the red seat belts.

Second, when I joined the VOA on December 25th, 2017, I did not know there was not a region established for Delaware, DC, Maryland, and Virginia. Four of us took on rejuvenating the area since the old club, VCA, had died out in the area. We currently have 75 members and have a lot of fun at events, drives, and just talking all things Viper.

Third, give me a call. 248-705-1245

Fourth, get to know and purchase from JonB. He'll be your greatest Viper resource. He will give you Viper history lessons that are priceless and get you parts ;)

GRglasser
09-23-2021, 07:29 PM
Thanks for the responses and contact info! Sad to hear PAC NW club is no more. Thanks for the compliment on the belts. They were the first thing I did when I got the car, the old gray ones had large chunks missing.

jns681186
09-23-2021, 10:04 PM
George,

My name is Jordan and I live in Seattle, I sent you a PM w/my contact info. Feel free to reach out.

Steve-Indy
09-24-2021, 03:35 PM
Great info, Brian...thanks for offering your assistance. Who knows, George just may be the catalyst needed to rev up an active club as there are still plenty of owners in that area.

Jordan likely knows quite a few in the Seattle metro region
...with an enthusiastic small group of folks, regions can be resurrected.

P.S. I really enjoyed speaking with you today, George !!

GRglasser
09-25-2021, 01:21 AM
I'm certainly going to put something together, I appreciate the support! Great talking to you Steve, I will undoubtedly be in touch! Brian, I'm looking forward to finding time to give you a call as well!

SEASnake
09-26-2021, 02:19 AM
I'm the current Executive Director of the Washington Viper Club. The Oregon club folded about 2 years ago due to no one stepping up to be an officer. The Washington club would also be extinct if it weren't for our successful autocross events. If anyone has ideas about how to boost membership, I'm all ears. In our area, it seems that most owners want to do multi-car events and there isn't much interest in Viper-only events. The cost to join the VOA is very high when the only realized benefit for west-coasters is a glossy quarterly magazine focused on east coast or SoCal events. Back in the day when we had 50+ WA members, the onus for event planning could be spread out but even then it would only equate to 10-15 Vipers showing up max. Now with 23 actual current paying members (14 WA, 8 OR, 1 ID) it is impossible to make a club event. There are several Viper cruises that still happen, but they are not and cannot be club sanctioned, because almost no one is a member of our club.

GRglasser
09-26-2021, 01:08 PM
I'm the current Executive Director of the Washington Viper Club. The Oregon club folded about 2 years ago due to no one stepping up to be an officer. The Washington club would also be extinct if it weren't for our successful autocross events. If anyone has ideas about how to boost membership, I'm all ears. In our area, it seems that most owners want to do multi-car events and there isn't much interest in Viper-only events. The cost to join the VOA is very high when the only realized benefit for west-coasters is a glossy quarterly magazine focused on east coast or SoCal events. Back in the day when we had 50+ WA members, the onus for event planning could be spread out but even then it would only equate to 10-15 Vipers showing up max. Now with 23 actual current paying members (14 WA, 8 OR, 1 ID) it is impossible to make a club event. There are several Viper cruises that still happen, but they are not and cannot be club sanctioned, because almost no one is a member of our club.

Thanks for the info! I am not yet a paying club member, and understand the apprehension. There are some politics at play here it would seem. Am I allowed to try and organize local get togethers on these forums?

SEASnake
09-27-2021, 12:26 AM
Not really politics, just older members left the club and it seems to me like the younger potential members don't seem interested in joining a car-specific club, especially when it's a niche, small production car like the Viper. Please do organize local events. I would love to see the Oregon club resurrected. Our autocross chairman is in Albany and owns several Vipers and may be able to help out with local events. He winters in Arizona though, so anything soon might not be very helpful. DM me and I'll send you his info.

Corse
11-18-2021, 08:52 PM
Welcome to the forums - I'm over in the Bend area. We have a mechanic over here that does excellent work on vipers if you need any help.
I'm also very DIY on all my cars and have a first gen.