PDA

View Full Version : Belanger system install questions

John L
08-04-2021, 12:22 PM
I'm hoping for some insight from anyone with experience doing exhaust on the Viper. I have a full Belanger system (headers, HF cats, cat back) for my 2005 that has arrived and I'm going to have it installed at the end of the week. In the instructions that came with the system it doesn't mention anything about the exhaust manifold gaskets. They do say to use permatex ultra-copper high temp silicone instead of gaskets but I think they are referring to the joints between the sections of the headers as opposed to between the headers and the cylinder head. For anyone who has installed these in a Gen 3, what did you use? also, if there are any other tips or tricks to make it go smoother, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks

FrgMstr
08-04-2021, 12:37 PM
I just reused the stocker gaskets. No issues.

Steve M
08-04-2021, 12:44 PM
For the header to head connection, just use an OEM MLS gasket (or something equivalent). Paper/RTV or anything else similar won't get the job done.

MLS gaskets are usually reusable. If yours look a bit beat up, just order new OEM ones and be done with it.

John L
08-04-2021, 03:29 PM
Thanks for the info guys. I'm good to go for manifold gaskets. Did you have to take off the valve covers to get the manifolds out and the headers in?