PDA

View Full Version : Lots of Codes: P0107 P0133 P0171

AviP
07-20-2021, 03:39 PM
My 97 GTS was sitting idle for about 18 months with a dead battery and half a tank of old gas. I put in a new battery and drove it but got the P0107 (MAP sensor Low Input) code within about 10 miles. I continued to drive it around till the gas was real low and filled the tank with fresh gas.

Later, I replaced the MAP sensor and drove it again but this time got 2 new codes:
P0133 (O2 Circuit Slow Response Bank 1 Sensor 1), and
P0171 (System Too Lean Bank 1).

I've double checked the new battery and it is good.

Rather than chasing and replacing sensors, is there something else I can do (besides not running crap gas). Perhaps check and clean the injectors...

dave6666
07-20-2021, 04:24 PM
Could be a bazillion things. But here's what I would do if it was my car and I only knew what you have briefly said. Replace your O2 sensors just on principal. If original they are almost 25 years old. Use OEM NTK. Not Bosch or Walker. Check your wiring under the car, the tunnel, and the engine compartment for rodent damage. Check that your PCM is outputting the +5 volts to the sensors. I could go on but that's what comes to mind reading your symptoms. I would not immediately suspect the injectors.

AviP
07-20-2021, 09:31 PM
I'm disappointed in that answer Dave. There's no sarcasm at all. LOL

I'll check out what you said, probably this weekend. Thanks!

Patentlaw
07-20-2021, 10:06 PM
The rodent damage is a good idea.
You may also have an intake or exhaust leak. Check the air box and see if it is firmly secured.

These are the easy things.

AviP
08-31-2021, 09:26 PM
Update: You were spot on Dave on the rodents. The left side of the air filter had a disgusting nest. I think I need a mouse trap inside the air filter. Also changed the O2 sensor with a Mopar part. Got my last inspection done on the 24-year old. In CT, it's every 2 years until 25 years old which means my GTS has been released from prison. No more emission inspections.