PDA

View Full Version : 2003 on Bring a Trailer

Arizona Vipers
07-04-2021, 07:08 PM
Man the Gen 3's are fun cars! Gotta be the most fun car for the money in the world. Bullet proof and gorgeous as well-
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2003-dodge-viper-16/
Good luck to seller!

Arizona Vipers
07-12-2021, 09:38 AM
$44K! Gen 3's creeping up finally!

V10Sidepipes
07-12-2021, 11:53 AM
$44K! Gen 3's creeping up finally!

$46.2k paid after fees. Not too bad for a car the seller really seemed pretty ignorant about. I know from some other discussions with potential bidders that was a big turn-off.

Arizona Vipers
07-12-2021, 12:00 PM
$46.2k paid after fees. Not too bad for a car the seller really seemed pretty ignorant about. I know from some other discussions with potential bidders that was a big turn-off.

Yeah you really gotta work hard if you list your car on there. I've got a handful of cars I'm selling soon and I know they'd get way more money on there than ebay, but I'm going with ebay as I just don't have the time or patience to do what the BAT buyers ask.

V10Sidepipes
07-12-2021, 12:05 PM
Yeah I think that’s why you see the big $$$ salsa coming from consignments. Have to make it a FT job for the auction duration or you risk looking like you aren’t being 100% transparent and the BAT regulars eat you haha.

TA Two Oh
07-12-2021, 03:38 PM
So true. I just sold a Porsche on BaT and I did well...better than if I'd tried anywhere else, I'm sure.

Not only do you need to camp at your computer the whole week that the auction is live, but I spent close to 100 hours cleaning it - even though it was already very clean. I took almost 1,000 photos myself, the dealership took another 300 showing the work that they did to it -$21K in fluids, filters, belts, hoses, pumps etc.- and I hired a pro photographer as well. Then I spend countless hours optimizing every single photo... cropping, adjusting the light etc. I hired another pro to take some videos plus I took several myself.

Then I spent a ton of time sorting through everything, picked the best 300 pictures and the best few videos, did a detailed write up documenting the car's history and sent it all to BaT. They take several days to let you know whether or not they'll accept you. And they beat me up on my reserve... obviously it's in their interest that as many cars sell as possible.

My listing didn't go live for about 4 more weeks, so if you're in any sort of hurry, BaT isn't the right option.

I will say that their level of service was spectacular. I had very few questions but every time I reached out to them they responded immediately with an answer. There was also a post-sale hiccup and I had to ask for help and they got it straightened out right away. The car's been paid for, picked up, delivered and the owner is very happy with it. And I'm happy with the sale price.

It took a lot of time and effort but it was a fun project. In my case, with that particular car -a 1993 928 GTS- it was worth it. But it's not for everyone.

Arizona Vipers
07-12-2021, 03:45 PM
So true. I just sold a Porsche on BaT and I did well...better than if I'd tried anywhere else, I'm sure.

Not only do you need to camp at your computer the whole week that the auction is live, but I spent close to 100 hours cleaning it - even though it was already very clean. I took almost 1,000 photos myself, the dealership took another 300 showing the work that they did to it -$21K in fluids, filters, belts, hoses, pumps etc.- and I hired a pro photographer as well. Then I spend countless hours optimizing every single photo... cropping, adjusting the light etc. I hired another pro to take some videos plus I took several myself.

Then I spent a ton of time sorting through everything, picked the best 300 pictures and the best few videos, did a detailed write up documenting the car's history and sent it all to BaT. They take several days to let you know whether or not they'll accept you. And they beat me up on my reserve... obviously it's in their interest that as many cars sell as possible.

My listing didn't go live for about 4 more weeks, so if you're in any sort of hurry, BaT isn't the right option.

I will say that their level of service was spectacular. I had very few questions but every time I reached out to them they responded immediately with an answer. There was also a post-sale hiccup and I had to ask for help and they got it straightened out right away. The car's been paid for, picked up, delivered and the owner is very happy with it. And I'm happy with the sale price.

It took a lot of time and effort but it was a fun project. In my case, with that particular car -a 1993 928 GTS- it was worth it. But it's not for everyone.

Wow that's crazy!!! Glad it worked out for you and was worth all that trouble!

TA Two Oh
07-13-2021, 01:09 PM
Thanks, AZ. I just wanted people to know that it's not like listing on EBay or Auto Trader etc. You are making the right call!