PDA

View Full Version : Another Calvo car on ebay

Arizona Vipers
06-30-2021, 12:01 PM
Over 2000whp- https://www.ebay.com/itm/114871756478

usmcfieldmp
06-30-2021, 01:01 PM
That's an interesting setup for the BOV's. I've never seen someone run a standalone pipe off the main tube for them.

I have to assume they're poked through those front hood vents for appearances/sound, rather than some performance reason.

bullitt2735
06-30-2021, 02:59 PM
That's an interesting setup for the BOV's. I've never seen someone run a standalone pipe off the main tube for them.

I have to assume they're poked through those front hood vents for appearances/sound, rather than some performance reason.

That's exactly what it was done for from what I remember. I do know that this car did make for power on less boost because of the shortened exhaust side exist.

Lawineer
06-30-2021, 08:30 PM
I don’t understand the allure of these cars.

ATX SRT
07-01-2021, 03:16 AM

You don't understand the allure of a fully street-able 2000whp rwd car? Car is perfect. Add the fact it has a 5 lug conversion - you don't have limited choices of 6 lug wheels now. Last owner took it to TX2k and had tons of runs without issues. Only reason he sold it was because he thought he'd kill himself in it due to how fast it is. Build alone probably is over 200K.

Whiskey
07-01-2021, 06:10 AM

I used to be in that boat...until I got a ride in one. Big power is like Crack. You get addicted and you build tolerance until you OD and kill your self.

I try to keep myself away but I'm addicted to boost.

ViperJon
07-01-2021, 08:21 AM
Only reason he sold it was because he thought he'd kill himself in it due to how fast it is. Build alone probably is over 200K.

Darius Khashabi is selling it because he's afraid of it? Might want to try to come up with a new talking point.

ATX SRT
07-01-2021, 08:31 AM
Darius Khashabi is selling it because he's afraid of it? Might want to try to come up with a new talking point.

Those were words straight from him to me lol.

Lawineer
07-01-2021, 08:42 AM
You don't understand the allure of a fully street-able 2000whp rwd car? Car is perfect. Add the fact it has a 5 lug conversion - you don't have limited choices of 6 lug wheels now. Last owner took it to TX2k and had tons of runs without issues. Only reason he sold it was because he thought he'd kill himself in it due to how fast it is. Build alone probably is over 200K.

No, I honestly don't. Literally, if I had a choice of 2000rwhp or 600rwhp, I'd take 600rwhp. The car is more or less useless. It's way too obnoxious for me to want to drive it anywhere (dinner, date, etc). It makes a very multi-dimensional car very one dimensional. I love a well balanced car- and that means not overpowering itself. I just drove my friends Scuderia and it was magical. Different strokes, I suppose. I'm also very well aware that I'm not a 2000rwhp driver. Heck, I'm about 4 seconds off a "true pro pace" in a 200rwhp car (and I can definitely dominate some HPDEs lol).

I guess I could see it being cool as a novelty car in the garage I drive twice a year for lols though. I'd have to have a large number of other cars on my bucket list first though. It would serve the same function to me as something like a $400k classic from the 60s.

Arizona Vipers
07-01-2021, 09:53 AM
No, I honestly don't. Literally, if I had a choice of 2000rwhp or 600rwhp, I'd take 600rwhp. The car is more or less useless. It's way too obnoxious for me to want to drive it anywhere (dinner, date, etc). It makes a very multi-dimensional car very one dimensional. I love a well balanced car- and that means not overpowering itself. I just drove my friends Scuderia and it was magical. Different strokes, I suppose. I'm also very well aware that I'm not a 2000rwhp driver. Heck, I'm about 4 seconds off a "true pro pace" in a 200rwhp car (and I can definitely dominate some HPDEs lol).

I guess I could see it being cool as a novelty car in the garage I drive twice a year for lols though. I'd have to have a large number of other cars on my bucket list first though. It would serve the same function to me as something like a $400k classic from the 60s.

Just like 99% of people on the road don't see the allure of a 650hp car. hehe. All of the owners of cars like this that I know just like to take them to the half mile and standing mile events. We do two half mile events here in Arizona a year and there's always 1-2 Viper's like this that show up, along with another 100 cars or so. You NEVER see Viper's show up to the other 12-15 road racing events here. It's obviously very fun for them and extremely exciting for guys that aren't into road racing etc.

Lawineer
07-01-2021, 10:19 AM
I've seen one viper at a road course.
They told everyone the track is still damp (which was obvious), cold (early morning) and especially you high HP guys on slicks - take it easy.
Lap 2: Viper on slicks totaled.

serpent
07-01-2021, 10:27 AM
Just like 99% of people on the road don't see the allure of a 650hp car. hehe. All of the owners of cars like this that I know just like to take them to the half mile and standing mile events. We do two half mile events here in Arizona a year and there's always 1-2 Viper's like this that show up, along with another 100 cars or so. You NEVER see Viper's show up to the other 12-15 road racing events here. It's obviously very fun for them and extremely exciting for guys that aren't into road racing etc.
This might have to do with nobody wanting to track their vipers in the desert, my parents live in Chandler and I go to Az once a year, I dont even think of driving my Viper there let alone the name of any tracks to drive on in Az.
In cali I see gen V's at sonoma and laguna. First time I took mine to Laguna there was an instructor in a white TA.

They told everyone the track is still damp (which was obvious), cold (early morning) and especially you high HP guys on slicks - take it easy.
Darius is faster than you if you let him drive your car. Dude is one of the fastest guys on this forum, if he even posts here. Just look up his youtube, just because you dont see vipers on the track, doesnt mean they arent there. :slap:

Murpowa
07-01-2021, 10:38 AM

Darius recently acquired a McLaren and it appears the viper gets the boot

Pappy
07-01-2021, 10:56 AM
This might have to do with nobody wanting to track their vipers in the desert, my parents live in Chandler and I go to Az once a year, I dont even think of driving my Viper there let alone the name of any tracks to drive on in Az.
In cali I see gen V's at sonoma and laguna. First time I took mine to Laguna there was an instructor in a white TA.

LOL Yeah, it gets hot but Vipers don't melt. Some of the events in the Summer end by 10:00 AM.

Vipers at Inde Motorsports in Wilcox AZ:

Vipers at Wild Horse Pass Main Track in Chandler:

Lawineer
07-01-2021, 11:11 AM

Darius is faster than you if you let him drive your car. Dude is one of the fastest guys on this forum, if he even posts here. Just look up his youtube, just because you dont see vipers on the track, doesnt mean they arent there. :slap:

Lol, who said there are no vipers ever on any road courses? They're just relatively rare, for a number of obvious reasons, but also because people just tend to build them for high speed straight line stuff.

edit: I take it back. I've seen one other Viper on a road course. Guy brought it out because his race car was getting repairs. Took it super easy

ViperJon
07-01-2021, 11:22 AM
Darius recently acquired a McLaren and it appears the viper gets the boot

That makes sense. The guy is one of the fastest drivers around and very experienced I hardly think he's "scared" of any car.

darbgnik
07-01-2021, 01:13 PM
Lot's of Vipers in our little road course group north of the border as well. It's too bad the owner of the yellow car didn't bring his other one, a Gen V ACR, then we would have almost had them all, an SRT, a GTS, a TA and a TA2 were there.

I think high HP 1/2 mile drivers have more in common with 1/4 mile junkies than road racers, but I can imagine the allure, even if the allure doesn't hold for me. I think it would be a hoot to see what 2000 horsepower feels like, but I'm not interested in spending 200K to find out. lol.

Lawineer
07-01-2021, 02:51 PM
That makes sense. The guy is one of the fastest drivers around and very experienced I hardly think he's "scared" of any car.

I wouldn't be scared of a 2000rwhp on the track. It's gong to overheat in about 1/2 lap so NBD, lol

With that said, I'm pretty sure just about anyone who isn't racing something absolutely insane like F1 or some crazy prototypes would be uneasy tracking a 2000rwhp viper. There's zero about that car that makes it capable of being 2000rwhp track worthy. Chassis, suspension, brakes, etc.

Arizona Vipers
07-01-2021, 02:58 PM
I wouldn't be scared of a 2000rwhp on the track. It's gong to overheat in about 1/2 lap so NBD, lol

With that said, I'm pretty sure just about anyone who isn't racing something absolutely insane like F1 or some crazy prototypes would be uneasy tracking a 2000rwhp viper. There's zero about that car that makes it capable of being 2000rwhp track worthy. Chassis, suspension, brakes, etc.

I'm going to be trying to get close to that. Starting with 1100whp and working my way up as we figure out ways to keep it cool. I'm guessing we can get 1300whp to work for two laps.
My 800whp now seems like nothing for the chassis, the car is still BEGGING for more and more power. I'm 100% full throttle in 2nd gear exiting even the slowest turns

Arizona Vipers
07-01-2021, 03:00 PM

What Gen Viper was it? Slicks kick ass on a damp track, no difference for me until there's standing puddles. Damp track is money for lap times.

Lawineer
07-01-2021, 03:50 PM
Gen 5. I assure you it was not good for lap times. I drove it.

And there's a massive difference between 1100rwhp and 2000rwhp when it comes to cooling. You're basically adding two stock engines worth of heat in there.