PDA

View Full Version : Caffeine and Carburetors Sunday morning April 6th

Helo Steve
03-30-2014, 05:07 PM
The first caffeine and carburetors of the year in New Canaan, Connecticut is this Sunday, April 6th. Info is here: http://caffeineandcarburetors.com/about/zumbachs/

Best time to arrive is around 7am and usually breaks up by 10 or 11am. There will be more than a few crazy cars if the weather holds up. Not sure which direction I'll be coming from yet, but if anyone has questions or wants to meet up let me know. It is definitely worth the drive!

JerseyGTS
03-30-2014, 05:52 PM
Steve, we met at Saratoga last year. I can't make next weeks but I see there is one on the calendar for early May. I'll see if we can't round up some of the north jersey guys for a cruise up there. 7am is a little harsh though...

Schen
03-30-2014, 06:17 PM
Steve,

Just read your PM. I won't be able to make the April one, but lets get something rolling for May. I want to get NYIAS and Ohio out of the way first. :)

--RS

pony23
03-31-2014, 12:39 AM
I met up with a bunch of friends in Glastonbury last time I went. Not a bad ride down the merrit from there. Sucks that I cant make this one, my car is still in the air.

Helo Steve
03-31-2014, 05:53 AM
Jersey: Sounds good! I try to get there at 7 so I can get a spot on the Main Street and not in one of the lots. (It gets pretty full by 7:30). But more importantly, I love to hear the cars show up so you can hear them running! If you're there after 7 it's no biggie!

RS: No problem, see you at NYIAS...

Pony: sorry to hear it. It's a great ride on the Merritt. Just want to get the word out as this is always a great show. Hope to see you next time!

pony23
03-31-2014, 01:24 PM
I went to the last show of 2013 and the place is crazy. I got stuck in one of the side lots but really didn't care. We were there pretty late listening to all the cars as they leave. Traveled down there with my viper, Ferrari 360, 67 ford fairlane,a GT500, and an orange lotus. It was a head turning ride. :)

Helo Steve
03-31-2014, 01:31 PM
Yep, the show is getting so big they have gotten approval to close a second street for display cars. It's a great time!

SlateEd
03-31-2014, 04:21 PM
Hey Steve - Excited to get up there this year! Not sure about this coming weekend but definitely will be looking forward to May. If by some miracle I get the Viper out of the garage this week maybe I'll see you there.

Helo Steve
04-02-2014, 07:59 AM
Hey Ed. Good to hear from you! If you can't make it, there's always next time...

Get her out either way! I got the black wheels and toyo tires back on last night and went for a ride. What a blast!

Schen
04-02-2014, 08:39 AM
Steve,

Better start making a thread for May 4th. :)

--RS

Helo Steve
04-02-2014, 10:26 AM
Ohh, you mean photoshoot day? :)

Boba Fett
04-07-2014, 05:07 PM
How was this? A bud of mine said he got there by 8am and couldn't even get in....WTF!

Torquemonster06
04-07-2014, 05:08 PM
Pics Pics Pics Pleeeeezzze

99ACR
04-07-2014, 05:54 PM
Steve

Did you make it to NC? I didn't see you there. I got there at 7 parked at Zumbachs. It was a great turnout. Well over 5,000 people. At least 350 cars. I went with my 69 Vette, I only saw 2 Vipers , a Gen 2 yellow/black and a gen 4 ACR. This show us getting out of control! So many cool cars!

Dennis B

Helo Steve
04-07-2014, 06:00 PM
Boba: That's why I get there at 7am! My friend went to the show and said there were 700 cars. I ended up going on a run with another group on Sunday out to Captree in Long Island.

TM: The two attached were sent to me, but their website usually has nice photos posted within a few days. http://caffeineandcarburetors.com/photo-galleries/

Boba Fett
04-07-2014, 06:15 PM
Boba: That's why I get there at 7am! My friend went to the show and said there were 700 cars. I ended up going on a run with another group on Sunday out to Captree in Long Island.

TM: The two attached were sent to me, but their website usually has nice photos posted within a few days. http://caffeineandcarburetors.com/photo-galleries/

I see said the blind man. Looks like Ill never make it in. Id have to be up (and maybe out) b4 the crack of dawn...
Are you part of a club in this area? Id really like to meet some fellow Viper owners...

Helo Steve
04-07-2014, 06:25 PM
The only club I'm in is NY/CT VOA. I went to the Captree event with another club as a someone's guest.

I'm on the Fairfield and New Haven county border and take the car out as much as possible when the weather is good. Shoot me a PM if you're in the area. No need for an event to meet up.

Boba Fett
04-07-2014, 07:33 PM
The only club I'm in is NY/CT VOA. I went to the Captree event with another club as a someone's guest.

I'm on the Fairfield and New Haven county border and take the car out as much as possible when the weather is good. Shoot me a PM if you're in the area. No need for an event to meet up.

sounds good and will do...if your ever up for a little cars and coffee, let me know as well. the 1 I regularly go to is in Yorktown heights in Westchester cty NY. I don't believe its too far from where you are at http://yorktowncarsandcoffee.com/

either way, look 4ward to meeting up 1 day. don't see many snakes round my way at all...

Helo Steve
04-07-2014, 09:22 PM
I will be making that once in awhile. My sister is in Putnam Valley, NY and my nephews get a kick out the "dodge Wiper" so I visit with the car once in awhile.

I'll shoot you a PM next time I'm up that way with the car or if I'm gonna go to that show, will likely be on short notice tho!

SlateEd
04-08-2014, 09:23 PM
sounds good and will do...if your ever up for a little cars and coffee, let me know as well. the 1 I regularly go to is in Yorktown heights in Westchester cty NY. I don't believe its too far from where you are at http://yorktowncarsandcoffee.com/

either way, look 4ward to meeting up 1 day. don't see many snakes round my way at all...

Hi Boba -- One of these weeks I'll make it up to D+D in Yorktown... that's a perfect 25-30 minute sprint for me. I'll try to drop you a PM before coming up to be sure you'll be there. I've gone a few times over the years for the cruise night they used to have there.

and if you can, it's definitely worth the trip to New Canaan, even at some ridiculously early hour - the show there is unlike anything I've seen anywhere... it's like the DuPont Registry blew up all over a few blocks and mixed with Lead East.

Boba Fett
04-08-2014, 10:56 PM
Hi Boba -- One of these weeks I'll make it up to D+D in Yorktown... that's a perfect 25-30 minute sprint for me. I'll try to drop you a PM before coming up to be sure you'll be there. I've gone a few times over the years for the cruise night they used to have there.

and if you can, it's definitely worth the trip to New Canaan, even at some ridiculously early hour - the show there is unlike anything I've seen anywhere... it's like the DuPont Registry blew up all over a few blocks and mixed with Lead East.

Sounds great, let me know!! theres usually more lambos there than Vipers....
Ever go to cruise Wednesdays at bear mtn??? best variety of cars round this way...literally hundreds and hundreds attend...

Anonymous
04-09-2014, 05:58 AM
Hey Boba, bear mountain is one of my favorite ,we should try to get a bunch of vipers up there. I'm gonna find out when the first show.

Helo Steve
04-09-2014, 06:06 AM
Ed: best description of a car show... Ever.
Boba: I used to go to Bear Mtn when I lived in Westchester, but want to make the trek sometime again. Let me know when you guys are going!

Anonymous
04-09-2014, 12:36 PM
Will do Steve

Boba Fett
04-09-2014, 01:58 PM
Hey Boba, bear mountain is one of my favorite ,we should try to get a bunch of vipers up there. I'm gonna find out when the first show.

Ed: best description of a car show... Ever.
Boba: I used to go to Bear Mtn when I lived in Westchester, but want to make the trek sometime again. Let me know when you guys are going!

yea, we should def try to 2gthr for 1 of these events....or even just for a run :drive: