PDA

View Full Version : Some fun yesterday at CMP

ViperNC
06-16-2021, 02:26 PM
We had a few guys get together for the SCCA Track Night yesterday and my friend had his Go Pro mounted. I'm personally not into recording my track laps, but he sent this to me and said, "There was a snake that came out of nowhere". FF to 2:45 for the interesting part. All good fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyF6T92EeO0&feature=youtu.be

Arizona Vipers
06-16-2021, 05:22 PM
Funny how much faster you get when you are chasing a car. He was going slow, then after you passed him he really started pushing that car to keep up hehe

outnumbered
06-17-2021, 03:58 AM
Blake, you had that 9.0 moving!

ViperNC
06-17-2021, 08:22 AM
Funny how much faster you get when you are chasing a car. He was going slow, then after you passed him he really started pushing that car to keep up hehe He's a good guy and spends far more time on track than I do racing in the local Champ Car series. Later that day he asked me to follow him with the Go Pro mounted on my windshield so I could record what lines he was taking. That's the video I really want to see as he came in too hot for the entrance to turn 5 and straight lined the carousel. When we got back to the pit lane I told him that is why I don't video my own laps and handed him a John Deere sticker to put on his car. :smilielol:

BTW - This was the rescheduled track day from the "no gas crisis" a few weeks ago when I was asking you about PSI for a colder day. Tuesday was 90 degrees and sunny, but I still altered my PSI a bit based upon your recommendations and found some time/grip. Thanks for the tips!

Blake, you had that 9.0 moving! Thanks Ron. It does pretty well on street tires, but I don't push it as hard as I could. Just out there to have fun these days. It would have been more fun if you and I were out there together! I was lining up in the rear of the field for each session and passing just about everyone in the advanced group by the end of each run, but no one to play with at the same speed. A guy in a Z06 Vette was close behind and showed a little promise as we were warming our tires up on laps 1 & 2, but then I picked up the pace and that was it. Two snakes slithering through the field is better than one.

ViperNC
06-19-2021, 03:06 PM
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2mu3fmnijliyojh/AABWGg-xnFkkKNZfnSb5Otpwa/Proofs?dl=0&subfolder_nav_tracking=1

This guy took some cool photos.

outnumbered
06-20-2021, 05:22 AM
I would definitely have several of those framed.