PDA

View Full Version : Viper Rendezvous 2021 1 26 6 overall track record video

Arizona Vipers
06-15-2021, 11:27 PM
Thanks to Ryan and the Furstenau Financial crew for another amazing event! I think we had about 60 Viper drivers there, that's insane these days!
I came in first place for Unlimited and overall and also the short track configuration and broke the all-time lap record there with a 1.26.6. Now I'm just hoping Bob Woodhouse doesn't come out of retirement and kick my ass and reclaim the record!
This video was Friday when I ran 1.26.665, my Saturday session was faster 1.26.606, but it didn't record.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3Gh6q9zmRE

RCVIPER
06-16-2021, 01:04 AM
That's awesome!! Congrats!!! What was the old record?

13COBRA
06-16-2021, 07:21 AM
Great lap Cable!

Arizona Vipers
06-16-2021, 08:41 AM
That's awesome!! Congrats!!! What was the old record?

Bob Woodhouse got it a couple years ago, 1.26.797
I'm trying to force him out of retirement :devilish:

Arizona Vipers
06-16-2021, 08:42 AM
Great lap Cable!

Great chatting with you this weekend dude, sorry for the car issues!

Rare Snake
06-16-2021, 08:47 AM
That is awesome!

Simms
06-16-2021, 10:06 AM
That's incredible! Great job!

Thawk97
06-16-2021, 10:22 AM
Was really fun to watch! Way to go

RT SERPENT
06-16-2021, 11:05 AM
Awesome! congrats!

GTS-E
06-16-2021, 11:46 AM
This car is so fantastic to watch and listen to in person. Cable put on quite a display this past weekend both on the short track set-up and the full track.
Would love to see both Cable and Bob Woodhouse on the track at the same time. That would be quite entertaining for all of us!

Blue96GTS
06-16-2021, 02:05 PM
I really enjoyed being in person for your record setting runs. The sound and quickness of that car is more amazing than the video can do justice. Nice work.

I really, really enjoyed my decision to go to the bar after the awards banquet and how I just happened to catch a bit of your advice on how to go faster.

I really, really, really enjoyed my decision to leave the bar when someone declared it "time for Fireball shots!". I followed your advice during my Sunday morning session, and shaved almost 3 seconds off my best weekend time!

Thanks for the input, it was nice to meet you and your wife.

Thawk97
06-16-2021, 02:26 PM
I really, really enjoyed my decision to go to the bar after the awards banquet and how I just happened to catch a bit of your advice on how to go faster.

I followed your advice during my Sunday morning session, and shaved almost 3 seconds off my best weekend time!

Now you gotta share the tips with the rest of us!

Pappy
06-16-2021, 03:00 PM
I have watched Cable develop for the last few years, and I think I can attribute part of his success to confidence in himself and his equipment. He knows what the car can and can't do and he has learned to trust the aero (and the brakes and tires) at the limit. He obviously drives a clean line, but he pushes much harder into corners than he used to. I have seen him spin off track when he pushed too hard. He survived to learn the lesson. Then, as the car became more capable (power, sequential), he stepped it up proportionally. He was also very diligent in doing many laps of tire testing, so he knows what to expect from each brand of tire with X number of heat cycles. I hate to give him credit for being smart - but there you have it! Well done, Cable.

sharmut
06-16-2021, 04:34 PM
Your ACR sounds insane.

swexlin
06-16-2021, 04:47 PM
Sweeetttt! Congrats! Can't wait to see what you do with my old(your new LOL)car.

Bill Pemberton
06-16-2021, 06:13 PM
Dang that was impressive! Bunged up my back and could barely move let alone get in a car, but the sound of your beast, Cable, might have been the perfect medicine. I have a feeling now that you jumped ahead or Bob W. on the track record , you might see the old codger come out of hibernation and take up the challenge. Keep in mind the mellow, ever friendly gentleman gets a severe case of the red mist and he can go from Dr. Jekyll to Mr. Run off and Hide in nanoseconds. I think the challenge could draw him out and I know it would draw out some more challengers and spectators if he decides to snag back the record?! Your time is mega impressive and congrats on having the fastest time by a door slammer ever run at MPH!!

13COBRA
06-17-2021, 12:08 AM
Great chatting with you this weekend dude, sorry for the car issues!

I'd guess you're talking about Martin Fedko... I spent the weekend chasing kids around Disney World haha

ViperNC
06-17-2021, 08:28 AM
Epic! You make me want a sequential. And a dedicated track Viper. And time to go have epic track adventures.

RedTanRT/10
06-17-2021, 10:06 AM
I have watched Cable develop for the last few years, and I think I can attribute part of his success to confidence in himself and his equipment. He knows what the car can and can't do and he has learned to trust the aero (and the brakes and tires) at the limit. He obviously drives a clean line, but he pushes much harder into corners than he used to. I have seen him spin off track when he pushed too hard. He survived to learn the lesson. Then, as the car became more capable (power, sequential), he stepped it up proportionally. He was also very diligent in doing many laps of tire testing, so he knows what to expect from each brand of tire with X number of heat cycles. I hate to give him credit for being smart - but there you have it! Well done, Cable.

Pappy, Well said!!! I've seen him live out here at Willow Springs and run super strong times first time out. He's really fast at tracks I know like Buttonwillow and Chuckwalla.

He is self taught, has no desire for coaching and possesses super driving skills. I haven't seen Darius from NorCal in a few years, He's like Cabel, they both are very skilled viper drivers. There's a great Darius video from Laguna.

AZ, once again great results!!! I was out your way over the weekend, Yikes 112-117, I was afraid to come your way for fear of melting!!!

Your leaving time on the table compared to Bob, I don't think his time included a worked 9.0L and a sequential!! You need to shave another 1-2 off that time!!! Take care and hope to see you at the track in the fall. Come to NASA BW in October.

Arizona Vipers
06-17-2021, 11:02 AM
I really enjoyed being in person for your record setting runs. The sound and quickness of that car is more amazing than the video can do justice. Nice work.

I really, really, really enjoyed my decision to leave the bar when someone declared it "time for Fireball shots!". I followed your advice during my Sunday morning session, and shaved almost 3 seconds off my best weekend time!

Thanks for the input, it was nice to meet you and your wife.

LMAO! Glad to hear my tips helped you go faster! Nice to meet you as well! See pic below of what you missed! Dudes were dancing on the table, one fell pretty hard. LOL

Arizona Vipers
06-17-2021, 11:06 AM

The track that really changed me as a driver was Buttonwillow last November. Something clicked there and made me realize where time is made and how to work on getting the courage to go through certain areas much faster than you think is possible.

- - - Updated - - -

Dang that was impressive! Bunged up my back and could barely move let alone get in a car, but the sound of your beast, Cable, might have been the perfect medicine. I have a feeling now that you jumped ahead or Bob W. on the track record , you might see the old codger come out of hibernation and take up the challenge. Keep in mind the mellow, ever friendly gentleman gets a severe case of the red mist and he can go from Dr. Jekyll to Mr. Run off and Hide in nanoseconds. I think the challenge could draw him out and I know it would draw out some more challengers and spectators if he decides to snag back the record?! Your time is mega impressive and congrats on having the fastest time by a door slammer ever run at MPH!!

That sucks! I was wondering where you were!

Arizona Vipers
06-17-2021, 11:08 AM
I'd guess you're talking about Martin Fedko... I spent the weekend chasing kids around Disney World haha

Ahhh yeah I always get you two confused, your cars are twins!

Arizona Vipers
06-17-2021, 11:12 AM
Pappy, Well said!!! I've seen him live out here at Willow Springs and run super strong times first time out. He's really fast at tracks I know like Buttonwillow and Chuckwalla.

He is self taught, has no desire for coaching and possesses super driving skills. I haven't seen Darius from NorCal in a few years, He's like Cabel, they both are very skilled viper drivers. There's a great Darius video from Laguna.

AZ, once again great results!!! I was out your way over the weekend, Yikes 112-117, I was afraid to come your way for fear of melting!!!

Your leaving time on the table compared to Bob, I don't think his time included a worked 9.0L and a sequential!! You need to shave another 1-2 off that time!!! Take care and hope to see you at the track in the fall. Come to NASA BW in October.

Yeah agreed. It's nearly impossible to get good times there because of all the traffic and you can't pass 80% of the track. The format is open, you aren't lined up by times etc. On the session in the video I came to grid and was the only car there out of 18. 17 cars came on track late. LOL They really need to make the fastest group open passing and also discuss strategy with each other as far as gridding etc. I guarantee we'd all go 2-3 seconds faster. I had 24's and 25's on almost every lap, but hit traffic in all but this one lap and it was a horrible lap. My speed on the straight was 9mph down from my fastest, meaning I braked way too early.

RedTanRT/10
06-17-2021, 12:33 PM
Yeah agreed. It's nearly impossible to get good times there because of all the traffic and you can't pass 80% of the track. The format is open, you aren't lined up by times etc. On the session in the video I came to grid and was the only car there out of 18. 17 cars came on track late. LOL They really need to make the fastest group open passing and also discuss strategy with each other as far as gridding etc. I guarantee we'd all go 2-3 seconds faster. I had 24's and 25's on almost every lap, but hit traffic in all but this one lap and it was a horrible lap. My speed on the straight was 9mph down from my fastest, meaning I braked way too early.

Well that makes sense AZ, better to grid by lap times. I saw the checker waving at a number of flag stations during the clip and chuckled!!

As I said earlier, you have such great skills, so any criticism I make is always tongue in cheek!! Glad to see your temps at 221 vs 180 or the 160 in Nick's videos!! That's a normal Viper temp running that hard.

speedtactics
06-18-2021, 07:29 PM
Cable that ACR sounds great! Congrats on the lap. See you in October at Willow Springs.

Arizona Vipers
06-19-2021, 12:17 AM
Cable that ACR sounds great! Congrats on the lap. See you in October at Willow Springs.

No ACR, just a lowly 2013! hehe. Can't wait for your Willow event brother!

Fursty
06-19-2021, 11:33 AM
Great weekend Cable! Good to see you again.

At the end of the weekend the text I received from Bob ended with “See you next year.”

13COBRA
06-19-2021, 02:37 PM
Were you getting black flagged at 1:07? haha

Arizona Vipers
06-19-2021, 09:31 PM
Were you getting black flagged at 1:07? haha

Yeah full course black flag at that point, someone broke I forget who I think a Comp Coupe. Sucks because I think I would have had another wide open lap.

Arizona Vipers
06-19-2021, 09:39 PM
Great weekend Cable! Good to see you again.

At the end of the weekend the text I received from Bob ended with “See you next year.”

Another incredible event! Great to see everyone. Shaina was a blast as usual! Sorry about Elle's loss, she was missed by everyone!
Great news about Mr. Woodhouse!

Exhlr8n
06-20-2021, 12:17 PM
Freaking awesome...Congrats Cable..!

Racingswh
06-22-2021, 11:53 AM
Thanks for sharing that. Incredible!! I could watch and listen to that all day. Congrats!!