PDA

View Full Version : Homestead Speedway

HUBBELL RACING
06-06-2021, 08:53 AM
This is my Home track. I have won dozens of races here. I know this place like the back of my hand. If you need any tips I’ll be glad to help.

HUBBELL RACING
06-07-2021, 10:53 AM
If you run the infield once you work up to it you can go into turn 1 no brakes just a lift but be mindful of how much downforce you have or you spin into the grassy field, also there is a big dip at the apex so stay about 2 ft right of apex. Turn 2 you want a super late apex so you can put power down early & go on the right side gator stay right all the way to end of chute then a super late apex into 3 then stay left of track. Turn 4 is easy straightforward. Turn 6 you brake late after apex drift all way to gator on left then you can take 7 flat out. Next chute brake late & hard, super late apex this turn usually slippery. I love turn 11 but it’s dangerous as I’ve seen lots of cars spin into the wall on left, there’s a big grassy fiel on right so if you think you’re losing it steer right. If you dare put your while car on the big blue plastic pad on the left for fastest way thru. Beware at the end of the pad there’s a spot where it ends & there is grass. If you hit the grass your car can slide across the track if grass is wet. Turn 12 is fast if you get late apex correct. Heavy brake into 13. 14 is 1st gear. Then flat out back to 1

GTS Dean
06-07-2021, 11:08 AM
So let me see if I understand: Late apex everywhere, hammer down hard. If you have to brake, brake hard. Is that it? :lol2:

Viperenvy
06-07-2021, 12:35 PM
Saw this guy, Ralph, recently out there. He was 90% hammering it and got some wiggle (my novice terminology) out of 14. Looked fun!

HUBBELL RACING
06-07-2021, 06:46 PM
So let me see if I understand: Late apex everywhere, hammer down hard. If you have to brake, brake hard. Is that it? :lol2:

Lots of late apexes here. Always hammer down hard & brake late & hard. As AJ Foyt said “if you’re not scared in a race car you’re not going fast enough.”

That’s me @ Road Atlanta. 150mph in the rain :icon_devil: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REyPbwSFhok

HUBBELL RACING
06-08-2021, 10:23 AM
Using the banking you can start by entering the banking around 90mph and raise your speed in 5mph increments. Pros can go flat out here but it’s not easy and I def don’t suggest it fir anyone not advanced. This banking is a lot sharper turn than Daytona as this is a 180 while Daytona is under 90 degrees so you pull more G @ Homestead. Turn 1 is different also as you will have to brake going into turn 1 as your speed will be a lot higher than when using the infield.