PDA

View Full Version : Need Carolina Officer Volunteers

Brian GTS
10-31-2013, 11:49 AM
Hey Folks,

Now that we are joining the VOA, we are in need of some volunteers for officer positions. Chris has decided to take a well deserved break from his duties as President. Thankfully he still wants to be involved, so he will be managing the website and facebook page that he has designed for the club. Therefore, I have volunteered to move from the Vice President position and fill his shoes as President.

We are in search of a volunteer for the Vice President and Secretary positions. To give you an idea of duties, the Vice President position assists the President in the planning and execution of events. The VP may also be responsible for managing events if the President is not able to be present. We would prefer the person that volunteers for the Secretary position to have good desktop publishing skills in order to design/publish our quarterly newsletter and handle some of the photography at our events.

If anyone is interested in volunteering for either of these positions, please let me know. You may e-mail admin@carolinasviperclub.org or if you have my personal e-mail address, you may contact me that way as well.

Thanks in advance!

Brian

PatrickB
10-31-2013, 01:34 PM
Brian, any idea of who all from the Carolinas region has arrived on the VOA forums yet? Just wondering if you guys should send a message out to the Carolinas membership for maximum exposure?

mendler23
10-31-2013, 02:50 PM
We only know those that have posted thus far. We will be sending out an update to members about the party, VOA, and the officer positions in the upcoming week or so.

PatrickB
10-31-2013, 03:24 PM
We only know those that have posted thus far. We will be sending out an update to members about the party, VOA, and the officer positions in the upcoming week or so.

Ok, thanks. Hate to see you step down but the club will still be in great hands with Brian at the helm!

Mreeves
11-01-2013, 06:56 PM
Thank you Chris for all that you have done in the short time I have been a member. You were awesome and Brian thank you for taking over. I'm sure there will be many great miles to come.

gutterworks129
11-02-2013, 11:20 AM
I have jumped over here as well. This year has been great with all the Vipers in the Carolina. Good people and events!

Red Fang Racing
11-13-2013, 07:48 PM
Chris: Thank you for all you've done with the Club. While I only was able to attend a few events it is clearly obvious you, Brian and others have breathed venom into our region and have kept it going. Well done indeed.

Stuart

Next Phase
11-13-2013, 08:18 PM
Brian and Chris, thanks for all your efforts this year!

I'd love to help out, but with family and work obligations... I haven't even been able to make many of the events, let alone have enough time to help organize.

Brian GTS
11-13-2013, 08:34 PM
Anyone.....anyone? :) We realize a lot of folks are very busy. I operate a business and have 3 small children with various activities throughout the week...and Chris also has a professional career with kids younger than mine....one being an infant!!! So, we know busy...but if anyone can sacrifice some time to help out planning a few events or taking the reins of our quarterly newsletter, it will be a great help!!! It is nearly impossible for us to handle all of this on our own, and maintain the level of club activity we had this year. Something will have to give if we don't get some help! And that's my plea! :)

No hemi
11-14-2013, 07:49 PM
I don't mind helping but I live so far away from the rest of you guys I don't know how much of a help I might be, but for whatever you guys /gals need , let me know.!!!

Brian GTS
11-14-2013, 09:23 PM
Hey, as long as you live in the Carolinas, it's all good. :) In fact, its probably good we're spread out a bit for event planning throughout the states. Thanks Angel....will be in touch.

Mreeves
11-14-2013, 09:34 PM
Brian, trying to email you. Email me your number and I will call you.

No hemi
11-17-2013, 07:03 PM
No prob Brian.

PatrickB
11-19-2013, 07:33 AM
Brian, we'll do what we can to help the club; obviously we've traded email on a few things already but if more needs to be done we'll see what we can do.

C.J
11-19-2013, 03:16 PM
Brian, what are the responsibilities of the VP and Secretary? Thanks.

Chris M, thanks again for an outstanding year!

Brian GTS
11-19-2013, 11:31 PM
Brian, what are the responsibilities of the VP and Secretary? Thanks.

Basically, the Vice President position assists the President in the planning and execution of events. The VP may also be responsible for managing events if the President is not able to be present. I believe we may have a volunteer for the VP position which we're hopeful to announce this week. We would prefer the person that volunteers for the Secretary position to have good desktop publishing skills in order to design/publish our quarterly newsletter and handle some of the photography at our events.

Brian GTS
12-09-2013, 08:56 PM
Hey everyone,

Now that we have established a significant member base at the VOA, we need to announce where we stand with the current officer positions for the Carolinas Region.

Mike Reeves has volunteered for the Vice President position. Most of you met Mike at Biltmore, but in case you don't know Mike, he joined our club earlier this year and is very passionate about the club. In fact, Mike is employed at Capital Chrysler Jeep Dodge and he has put forth the effort to convince management to graciously sponsor our region.

Seth Green has volunteered for the Secretary position. Seth also joined our club earlier this year and has attended nearly every event. Seth is an Aviation Commander in the Army and will be deployed in Afghanistan for a portion of the year (mostly over the winter months), but he has agreed to assist us with the development and publication our quarterly newsletter.

My wife, Janelle, is the current Treasurer of our region, but due to my transition, has decided to relieve herself of those duties so she can better service the club assisting me with the planning and execution of events. Therefore, if anyone would like to volunteer for the Treasurer position, please let me know, or feel free to any ask questions regarding the position.

Thank you!

Brian

PatrickB
12-09-2013, 09:26 PM
Brian, could we get a general overview of the responsibilities of the Treasurer position and how it applies to our region, events, the VOA as a whole, etc.

Brian GTS
12-09-2013, 10:31 PM
Sure, below are the general duties of the position:

1) Balance the club checking account on a month to month basis.
2) Keep track of all expenditures and receipts for the club.
3) Manage the PayPal account and EFT funds to club account as needed.
4) Keep track of members that have registered for paid events and track their payment status.
5) Collect registration fees at events from members who have not prepaid.
6) Deposit and/or withdraw funds from the account as needed.
7) Write checks for invoices as needed (infrequent)

So far, I have received an e-mail from Craig who has volunteered...

Brian

PatrickB
12-10-2013, 08:47 AM
Sure, below are the general duties of the position:

1) Balance the club checking account on a month to month basis.
2) Keep track of all expenditures and receipts for the club.
3) Manage the PayPal account and EFT funds to club account as needed.
4) Keep track of members that have registered for paid events and track their payment status.
5) Collect registration fees at events from members who have not prepaid.
6) Deposit and/or withdraw funds from the account as needed.
7) Write checks for invoices as needed (infrequent)

So far, I have received an e-mail from Craig who has volunteered...

Brian

Thanks for the overview Brian - Craig is certainly a top choice for the job.. :)

Brian GTS
12-11-2013, 11:19 AM
Craig has eagerly stepped up to take on the Treasurer position. We have not received any other inquiries, and I think many would agree he would be great candidate for the position. Therefore, welcome Craig and thank you for volunteering!!! :)

PatrickB
12-11-2013, 12:40 PM
Excellent!

I just want to say that with all our officer positions filled, I believe that we have excellent people in place moving forward for our club, for our region. I didn't join the club until late 2013, but from what I read and what I witnessed first hand, Chris and Stefanie did a SUPERB job during his time at the helm of our club; and now, it's great to know that the tradition will continue because of the people that are assuming the various officer positions.

I have a great amount of pride when telling people about our club and I look forward to a fun-filled 2014 with my Viper friends! Just wished we all lived closer!

I will help in any way I can..

Brian GTS
12-11-2013, 12:49 PM
Thanks Patrick! You and Brittany have been a great addition to our group. I remember the first time meeting you......chowing down lunch together at that little diner on our way to Biltmore! Can't wait for fun times next year. Thanks for already stepping forward to help us out with the charity event we have in the plans for next year.

Ricketts
12-12-2013, 06:47 AM
Congrats to all the new officers!

C.J
12-12-2013, 11:01 AM
Craig has eagerly stepped up to take on the Treasurer position. We have not received any other inquiries, and I think many would agree he would be great candidate for the position. Therefore, welcome Craig and thank you for volunteering!!! :)

Thank you for the warm welcome! I'm looking forward to a great 2014.

Brian GTS
12-12-2013, 11:23 AM
Summary of new officers:

President: Brian
Vice President: Mike
Treasurer: Craig
Secretary: Seth
Webmaster: Chris

That is a solid group. Thanks you everyone who volunteered!

Janni
12-12-2013, 07:48 PM
We are fortunate in Carolinas to have folks step up and to have such passionate leaders!

Whoo hoo!!!!

Mreeves
12-12-2013, 08:55 PM
It's gonna be a great year. Is it summer yet????

PatrickB
12-13-2013, 07:16 AM
It's gonna be a great year. Is it summer yet????

Doesn't have to be summer! I had the Viper out a few nights ago to stretch her legs.. :D

BigBadViper
12-14-2013, 09:31 PM
Congrats on the position Craig, I would think he is definitely a guy you can trust in that position.

C.J
12-17-2013, 12:40 PM
Thanks Shawn.

No hemi
12-17-2013, 01:50 PM
Summary of new officers:

President: Brian
Vice President: Mike
Treasurer: Craig
Secretary: Seth

Webmaster: Chris

That is a solid group. Thanks you everyone who volunteered!

Congrats to the new officers and thanks to the "old" ones, i hope this year is as good or better than last!!!