PDA

View Full Version : Delrin diff mount bushings will it really help reduce rear wheel hop

Aevus
05-30-2021, 02:36 PM
https://ipsco.org/newsite/product/ips445-delrin-diff-mount-bushing/

pokeyl
06-02-2021, 12:44 PM
Gen 1-3, no, Gen 4/5 don't have as much of a problem due to a better design. What are you trying to do with the car? Drag race? Track? Just street performance? Helps to know.

Aevus
06-02-2021, 02:14 PM
Basically I want a streetable track car.

Steve M
06-02-2021, 06:27 PM
Gen 1-3, no, Gen 4/5 don't have as much of a problem due to a better design. What are you trying to do with the car? Drag race? Track? Just street performance? Helps to know.

The only substantial difference with the Gen 4/5 is the differential itself. It is apparently stronger than the Gen 3 design, but I can assure you, wheel hop is definitely still a problem depending on how hard you drive.

Better shocks seemed to help a bit on the street (at one time I thought it even fully cured it), but it showed back up big time for me at the drag strip on my first hard 1-2 shift. It also happens some during a burnout, generally during the first second or two.

I can't see it causing much of a problem for something like auto-x or road racing though, unless you are doing hard launches from a dead standstill for some reason.