PDA

View Full Version : I just listed ACRx 24 in the Classifieds if interested

catwood
05-27-2021, 01:07 PM
Moving on down to a spec series. Gonna stop the HPDE and TT and run fender to fender.

Pappy
05-27-2021, 01:16 PM
Moving on down to a spec series. Gonna stop the HPDE and TT and run fender to fender.

Which spec series?

13COBRA
05-27-2021, 01:27 PM
Before you sell, let me swap you engines. lol

catwood
05-27-2021, 01:27 PM
Which spec series?

cough.....cough......944

Exhlr8n
05-27-2021, 11:57 PM
Sorry to hear that you're stepping out of the Viper...You gonna miss it..! GLWS

catwood
05-28-2021, 08:40 AM
Sorry to hear that you're stepping out of the Viper...You gonna miss it..! GLWS

I still have the white one, though it's a street car.

catwood
05-28-2021, 08:41 AM
Before you sell, let me swap you engines. lol

won't work in the CC without a shit ton of work from what I am told, sorry. Maybe you can take it on trade for some new ford?

13COBRA
05-28-2021, 08:44 AM
won't work in the CC without a shit ton of work from what I am told, sorry. Maybe you can take it on trade for some new ford?

I've thought about doing a full gen 4/5 swap...

As soon as I actually get inventory back, would be more than happy to trade for it. lol It would be easier for me to justify running ballast in the VCC and I can in TTU with this car and TT1 with the VCC.

RacerJRP
05-28-2021, 09:07 AM
Great move, nothing beats racing! A whole different track experience.

Wish I could afford to track a Viper regularly - would be so cool to own a factory Viper racecar.

Is Spec 944 a big group where you are? Seems nothing beats Spec Miata entry counts, but have seen Spec46 growing in certain markets.

catwood
05-28-2021, 10:31 AM
SoCal. The NASA group is about 30 cars though not all run every time. There are 5 of us that just decided to go that direction, one other Viper guy. I need to get my medical forms sign off then I am good to go other than additional equipment like radios, cameras etc. Its a good group with a ton of comradery.

Pappy
05-28-2021, 10:49 AM
If you are not totally committed to the 944, you should take a look at the rapidly growing spec-C5 Corvette series - faster, probably no more expensive. It's like a Miata on steroids!

SRT_BluByU
05-28-2021, 11:44 AM
is that still mainly a west coast group or has it started to catch on other placeS?

RacerJRP
05-28-2021, 01:06 PM
SoCal. The NASA group is about 30 cars though not all run every time. There are 5 of us that just decided to go that direction, one other Viper guy. I need to get my medical forms sign off then I am good to go other than additional equipment like radios, cameras etc. Its a good group with a ton of comradery.

Sounds like a great time! The new NASA SoCal director is an old racing friend of mine from SCCA Mid-Atlantic.

catwood
05-28-2021, 03:49 PM
If you are not totally committed to the 944, you should take a look at the rapidly growing spec-C5 Corvette series - faster, probably no more expensive. It's like a Miata on steroids!

Pappy, I'm going budget and because I know some of the folks already. I have a car that race teched. It's a bit fugly outside so I may paint it or wrap it then again I may leave it like it is for awhile. They seem easy to drive at the limit which is floored most of the time.

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds like a great time! The new NASA SoCal director is an old racing friend of mine from SCCA Mid-Atlantic.

Is that Rich?

RacerJRP
05-28-2021, 04:50 PM
- - - Updated - - -

Is that Rich?

Mike C.

RedTanRT/10
05-29-2021, 09:30 AM
Good luck Carl, we'll miss you at the Viper events!! I know I'll run into you at some of the NASA events, I''ll be there in the fall at BW. Hope to have the paddles all set up. I''' bet your X sells quickly, its a great car!!!

catwood
05-29-2021, 10:40 AM
Good luck Carl, we'll miss you at the Viper events!! I know I'll run into you at some of the NASA events, I''ll be there in the fall at BW. Hope to have the paddles all set up. I''' bet your X sells quickly, its a great car!!!

I still have the White "real" ACR-E for now.