PDA

View Full Version : Trip home towards AZ Stops

Rocket
04-06-2021, 04:41 PM
May have the opportunity for a last minute chance to attend NVE. Was looking at possible stops along the way home and thought I'd see if others heading back might have plans or thoughts on places to see and things to do along the way to break up the trip. Tentatively looking at Navarre, FL, New Orleans, and San Antonio. Safe travels everyone!

And since every post should include a pic ... fixing paint chips and getting ready for new clear bra ...
https://driveviper.com/gallery/data/500/medium/20210405_122956.jpg

ViperPete
04-06-2021, 04:47 PM
What's in Navarre FL? I'm up in ocala.

Rocket
04-06-2021, 04:56 PM
A Marriott to use up some points at and a nice beach that supposedly doesn't have a lot of tourists. Also a reasonable stopping point at about 670 miles and 9 hours of seat time from Miami. Certainly open for suggestions for a nice beach and great food somewhere along the pan handle?

What's in Navarre FL? I'm up in ocala.

Loud
04-07-2021, 08:28 AM
Sweet John, that would be so much fun! Jealous.

FYI, Goot is driving back and forth from AZ, though on the way out he is going to Idaho and then to FL.

Steve M
04-07-2021, 09:57 AM
A Marriott to use up some points at and a nice beach that supposedly doesn't have a lot of tourists. Also a reasonable stopping point at about 670 miles and 9 hours of seat time from Miami. Certainly open for suggestions for a nice beach and great food somewhere along the pan handle?

I used to live in Fort Walton Beach (just down the road from Navarre).

If you are looking for a pristine stretch of beach (at least it was when I lived in that area), that's a great place to look. Pretty sure it still falls under the Gulf Islands National Seashore, and as such is off limits to commercial development. That also means you won't find a place to eat there, so you'll either have to stop before or just after in Pensacola if that's your goal.

Still, that whole area from Destin to Pensacola has some of the nicest beaches I've ever seen, and I've seen some nice ones including Bora Bora. Beautiful white sand and pretty clean, although I haven't been back in many years.

Luisv
04-12-2021, 02:38 PM
Assuming you are heading north on the Florida West Coast, consider hitting any of the many natural springs. Weeki Wachee, Crystal River, Devil's Den and others. Another real cool thing to do is to swim with the Manatees in Crystal River. Definitely something different than the beaches.