PDA

View Full Version : IN KY VOA Mtg at Noon EDT Sat Apr10 2021 at Captain s Quarters Prospect KY

Steve-Indy
04-04-2021, 12:55 PM
IN/KY VOA...REMINDER...Meeting at Noon (EDT) on Saturday, April 10, 2021 at Captain’s Quarters in the Greater Louisville, KY area… Convoy Details Included

REMINDER:

Our lunch and April VOA meeting will start at Noon EDT at Captain’s Quarters in Louisville, KY.

Prior to our noontime meeting, several Members plan to attend the Louisville Cars and Coffee held every second Saturday of the month at Captain's Quarters which runs from 9:00-11:00 AM EDT. A $5.00 fee will be charged per vehicle at these events...the proceeds of which will benefit the Mount Sinai Dystonia Center.

Captain's Quarters Riverside Grill

5700 Captain's Quarters Rd., Prospect, KY 40059

This is located just off of River Road a few miles EAST of Louisville's Zorn Ave.

[B]Info Link: https://www.cqriverside.com/

As the Cars and Coffee event winds down, the IN/KY Viper Owners Association members and guests will move into the restaurant for lunch and a club meeting.

Indy area CONVOY info: We will gather at Champion Chrysler-Jeep-Dodge (located at 4504 WEST 96th St, Indianapolis, IN 46268) at 7:30 AM (EDT). We will DEPART at 8:00 AM (EDT)...SHARP !!! Members SOUTH of Indy can join us as we roll southward on I-65. Please plan to keep in touch via cell phone with James Jackson for travel updates. 317-601-9759

PLEASE FUEL BEFORE we depart !!

NOTE that the NEW, "East End" I-265 bridge ( Lewis ans Clark Bridge) is now OPEN....AND, the speed limit on the Indiana section of I-265 has recently been raised to 70 mph !! We plan to use this new route to the Prospect, KY area. This is a TOLL BRIDGE WITHOUT TOLL BOOTHS. You will receive a bill at home at a later date.
Expect to pay $4.31 per trip ($8.62 round trip) for cars without a transponder or without a preregistered account.

FOR THOSE who miss the "convoy", the planned route is I-465 WEST to I-465 SOUTH... to Exit 20 where we will take I-65 SOUTH through Indy We stay on I-65 SOUTH to about 6 miles north of the Ohio River where we will take Exit 6 to get on I-265 EAST, crossing the River in the "East End" I-265 bridge. Shortly, we will exit on to I-71 EAST (toward Cincinnati), but IMMEDIATELY EXIT I-71 to head NORTH TOWARD Indiana (essentially using two sides of the same cloverleaf) on I-265 NORTHBOUND...soon to exit on KY 841 which is "Gene Snyder Freeway" which will lead us to U.S. 42 in Prospect. Turn LEFT at the light and take U.S.42 up the hill toward Louisville for about 1/4 mile, then take "Wolf Pen Branch Road" to the RIGHT (NORTH), winding down the hill to pick up River Road. Travel NORTH and WEST on River Road a short distance to Captain's Quarters. DON'T SPEED IN THIS AREA!!!

PLEASE FUEL BEFORE we depart.

As Always, ALL Viper Owners are Welcome!!

Best Regards,

James Jackson, President, VOA IN/KY Region, Inc.

(317) 601-9759

Steve-Indy
04-10-2021, 05:12 PM
Great turnout...especially considering the continuous, widespread rain in both KY and IN !! One Viper attended...primarily for a little DRB III analysis.

The Cars and Coffee event was canceled, but as we assembled inside, more and more Viper owners arrived. There were folks from Louisville, New Albany, Corydon, Indy, Zionsville, Crawfordsville and Fort Wayne !! It was great meeting some new owners and visiting with old friends...and, I can see we are going to have some long delayed fun in the coming Summer.

THANKS to ALL for attending today !!!