PDA

View Full Version : Ridge Motorsports Park Global Time Attack April 3rd 4th

Arizona Vipers
03-23-2021, 10:38 PM
I'm headed to this next week! Any Vipers in the area (Pacific Northwest) that want to go and aren't ready to compete, they just added a "lapping group" which isn't timed to try and get more people to the event. If you have a Viper and are in the area, PM me for more details, come hang out! The Lone Star Drift crew will be there as well as the Just Vibes car show guys. They were both at COTA Super Lap Battle and did an amazing job.

13COBRA
03-24-2021, 07:19 AM
Good luck!

TA Two Oh
03-24-2021, 01:37 PM
Great track; you'll love it. There's a nice climb after the front straight, then a mini, much lower speed than Laguna corkscrew as you go back down the ridge.
Jon B lives fairly close... hopefully he'll show up.

JonB ~ PartsRack
03-24-2021, 01:56 PM
Cable: Do they need a pace-car for their lapping groups? Its about 200 miles from me....rain or shine !

Arizona Vipers
03-25-2021, 11:56 AM
Cable: Do they need a pace-car for their lapping groups? Its about 200 miles from me....rain or shine !

Hey buddy I just got your voicemail! Was pretty drunk last night at Barrett Jackson. I sent your offer to the event people! I'll let you know if they want your help or not! Thanks!

Arizona Vipers
03-25-2021, 11:58 AM
Great track; you'll love it. There's a nice climb after the front straight, then a mini, much lower speed than Laguna corkscrew as you go back down the ridge.
Jon B lives fairly close... hopefully he'll show up.

Yeah the track looks amazing! Kinda scary that they left trees so close to the asphalt. LOL. What's a fast time there? Fastest time I've found on Youtube is a 1.44

JonB ~ PartsRack
03-25-2021, 12:46 PM
Yeah the track looks amazing! Kinda scary that they left trees so close to the asphalt. LOL............

Trees at The Ridge are not as close as they appear, and NOT really in any over-run / impact zones.

PACIFIC RACEWAY near Seattle [Formerly S.I.R] is a truly scary place by comparo: Trees and Berms..... seems like a Rallye-Cross at times...

TA Two Oh
03-25-2021, 01:56 PM
Well, I'm not as focused on lap times as you. Plus I was only there once and, like virtually everyone in our group -it was a private rental- I drove my car the 1500 mile round trip. So... street tires, street alignment etc. From memory, our faster guys were in the 1:50's. I think some bikes have run sub 1:40. Your monster should be able to give them a run.

It does look like there are lots of trees but like Jon said, they weren't a concern. I recall the braking zone just before you enter the "corkscrew" being tricky. It's easy to overshoot it there.

Arizona Vipers
03-25-2021, 04:17 PM
Well, I'm not as focused on lap times as you. Plus I was only there once and, like virtually everyone in our group -it was a private rental- I drove my car the 1500 mile round trip. So... street tires, street alignment etc. From memory, our faster guys were in the 1:50's. I think some bikes have run sub 1:40. Your monster should be able to give them a run.

It does look like there are lots of trees but like Jon said, they weren't a concern. I recall the braking zone just before you enter the "corkscrew" being tricky. It's easy to overshoot it there.

Yeah I just meant in general. Sub 40 is my goal!! You should come and do their lapping sessions. 4 per day. Looks like it's $425- https://globaltimeattack.regfox.com/gta-lap-days-at-the-ridge-motorsports-park-april-2021

TA Two Oh
03-25-2021, 07:45 PM
I'll be back, for sure. Right now, the border restrictions make it too difficult. (And very expensive; we have to pay $2,000.00 every time we return to Canada)

Pappy
04-02-2021, 04:45 PM
From the texts I am getting, it sounds like Cable is tearing them up at GTA Ridge Motorsports Park - sub 1:40! He is already 3-4 seconds faster than last year's GTA best time!

Pappy

13COBRA
04-02-2021, 04:59 PM
From the texts I am getting, it sounds like Cable is tearing them up at GTA Ridge Motorsports Park - sub 1:40! He is already 3-4 seconds faster than last year's GTA best time!

Pappy

Saw that as well. Killing it!

catwood
04-02-2021, 11:35 PM
and it's a new track for him......YO!

TA Two Oh
04-03-2021, 11:08 AM
Wow. That's great news! And, not a surprise at all!!!

Pappy
04-03-2021, 01:06 PM
Spoiler alert......1:38.2. I think big horsepower doesn't hurt for a track with 400' of elevation change.

Pappy
04-03-2021, 02:53 PM
The times are getting even faster, but I'll let Cable tell you about those. Impressive! LOL

Pappy

13COBRA
04-05-2021, 10:10 AM
Absolutely insane, congratulations Cable!

How many track records do you have now?

JonB ~ PartsRack
04-05-2021, 03:29 PM
How About 1:37.00

?!?!?!?

Standing O

Arizona Vipers
04-07-2021, 03:28 PM
How About 1:37.00

?!?!?!?

Standing O

Thanks Jon! Yes, 1.37 flat. My goal was anything sub 1.40 so was extremely happy! I'll try to do a writeup and post the video soon. Headed to Buttonwillow this weekend!

RT SERPENT
04-07-2021, 03:41 PM
Big time, CONGRATS! Keep up the awesome driving in that amazing car!:dude3:

Exhlr8n
04-07-2021, 11:28 PM
Awesome Cable, way to represent! Can't wait to see the video.

TA Two Oh
04-08-2021, 08:36 AM
Wow!!! Congratulations!!!

CarbonDan
04-10-2021, 09:09 PM
Congrats man! This is my local track, and I can tell everyone on here 1:37 is absolutely mind melting, truly astonishing.
For reference, I run high 1:40s in my GT3, and the Dundon Motorsports guys ran a 1:44 in their shop GT3RS with the Ventus 2 aero package (like 1500 LB downforce).
I had to miss the event due to work unfortunately.

I'm extremely eager to see the video, will teach me a thing or two for sure!

Simms
04-13-2021, 07:46 AM
Congrats!!

Arizona Vipers
04-13-2021, 02:39 PM
Congrats man! This is my local track, and I can tell everyone on here 1:37 is absolutely mind melting, truly astonishing.
For reference, I run high 1:40s in my GT3, and the Dundon Motorsports guys ran a 1:44 in their shop GT3RS with the Ventus 2 aero package (like 1500 LB downforce).
I had to miss the event due to work unfortunately.

I'm extremely eager to see the video, will teach me a thing or two for sure!

Ok, just got back from Buttonwillow, a track I know and car was 3 seconds slower than last year. We found burned plugs right away, replaced, then burned again. We think it might be an 02 sensor, but not sure yet. This explains why I stopped getting faster at Ridge. It must have happened my last session Saturday. I put on new tires Sunday, and in the cool morning we were shooting for 1.34.9. New tires, morning session I'm always at least 2 seconds faster. So I was very frustrated, I thought it was me, but it was the car. I was 10mph slower on the straight at buttonwillow versus last year, but was expecting 10mph faster with the sequential. So down around 20mph. Huge power loss.

13COBRA
04-13-2021, 03:06 PM
Ok, just got back from Buttonwillow, a track I know and car was 3 seconds slower than last year. We found burned plugs right away, replaced, then burned again. We think it might be an 02 sensor, but not sure yet. This explains why I stopped getting faster at Ridge. It must have happened my last session Saturday. I put on new tires Sunday, and in the cool morning we were shooting for 1.34.9. New tires, morning session I'm always at least 2 seconds faster. So I was very frustrated, I thought it was me, but it was the car. I was 10mph slower on the straight at buttonwillow versus last year, but was expecting 10mph faster with the sequential. So down around 20mph. Huge power loss.

That's insane, sorry for the bad luck! Hope it's nothing major.

RT SERPENT
04-13-2021, 05:22 PM

Is it possible the titanium exhaust is transferring more heat and "cooking" 02 sensors? Also what kind of O2 sensors are you using?
From my experience with a forced induction Gen2, the Bosch sensors are complete junk and would constantly die from a little too much heat or fuel.
(Ha! it's a Viper!) Had to replace them multiple times per season.

Switched to Holley and they are so much more durable. Just much better at handling the extremes being thrown at them.

Scot@Prefix
04-13-2021, 09:15 PM

Get rid of the 02 sensors, go to open loop map based.
They dont work well with leaded fuel either.

Back In Black
04-19-2021, 08:24 AM
Aren't the 02 sensors out of the loop at WOT anyway?

CarbonDan
04-20-2021, 12:58 PM
Would love to see the video of this beast at the Ridge, might learn me a few new tricks.
I ran a 1:48.8 with my GT3 last weekend. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fk6X9YasFh0)
There was a GT2RS Clubsport out there too and he was clocking abotu 1:40-1:41.
There was another fully built, caged, prefix 9L 2017 ACR there running about 1:40 as well. (Measured on my watch)
1:37 is mind blowing.

CarbonDan
04-29-2021, 05:04 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1CJrjbFt3E

Holy ****!!! That was complete and utter insanity.
See my video above for what a 'normal' car with a normal driver looks like at the Ridge. Never seen anything like that before.

13COBRA
04-29-2021, 05:10 PM

See my video above for what a 'normal' car with a normal driver looks like at the Ridge. Never seen anything like that before.

Haha yep.

Watching those two videos back to back, it's really easy to see how much time is made up in a good sequential set up!

Arizona Vipers
04-29-2021, 05:17 PM

Man you are fast, how did you find that so fast I literally just posted it! LOL. Thanks!

Scot@Prefix
04-30-2021, 08:11 AM
Aren't the 02 sensors out of the loop at WOT anyway?

02 sensors are only good up to about 3000 rpm, after that they are not fast enough to respond and it uses the MAP tables