PDA

View Full Version : Key fob reciever

Arizona Vipers
03-10-2021, 03:07 PM
At the track this weekend, both my keys stopped working. When trying to start the car the dash would just show "key fob not detected". They would still unlock the car etc.
If you used the key fob itself to push the starter button, it would work thankfully. Yes the batteries are new. I talked to Eddie Martin (Thanks Eddie!) on the phone he gave me a reset procedure (pressing the unlock and lock buttons at the same time). it didn't work. I'm assuming I need to replace the receiver part, this- https://parts.chryslerjeepdodgecityofmckinney.com/p/Dodge_2013_/RECEIVER-Hub/61585712/05035325AB.html
Does anyone know if I replace it, is it just plug an play? Or does the dealer have to reprogram it?

Thanks

swexlin
03-10-2021, 04:59 PM
Just need to replace the battery. Mine's had a couple. But....mine was doing it even after fob battery was replaced. Car would start on third try - fob was suddenly detected again. Was very weird, I posted on here about it.

Last spring - replaced original car battery as well. Seemed to do the trick. Is the car battery old?

But in your case, may be the receiver. Never seen a post on here about one, so not sure if plug and play.

I'll be starting the car (kept on tender) for the first time in 15 weeks this weekend, so we'll see what mine does!

Steve-Indy
03-10-2021, 06:56 PM
A little more info on this issue:

https://driveviper.com/forums/threads/13239-Please-help!Key-fob-not-recognized-by-the-Viper

SRT_BluByU
03-11-2021, 09:16 AM
sometimes when replacing the battery the contacts dont touch the new battery well (especially if the new battery doesnt have the conductive gel on it). the case is never snapped back togeather quite the same as when it was new. I would make sure the contacts are making good contact with the battery first.. it takes less than a min to check/adjust.

Arizona Vipers
03-11-2021, 09:55 AM
As stated in my original post, both key fob batteries are brand new. So pretty sure it's the receiver as suspected, what Policy Limits had to do here- https://driveviper.com/forums/threads/11669-quot-Key-Fob-Not-Detected-quot
Looks like I do indeed have to take to dealer and get two new fobs as well. sigh

swexlin
03-11-2021, 10:11 AM
Good luck. Let us know how it turns out.

Policy Limits
03-14-2021, 04:20 PM
Once the module was replaced and new fobs were programmed the issue did not return. Ít occurred in the GTS that I traded to Gastman. 2013 was a challenging production year for the car.

uvbnbit
03-15-2021, 05:57 AM
we've had this issue for last year or so. I replaced battery in "main" fob yesterday and no change. Grabbed the "spare" fob and it worked. I can't remember if before I had the issue if both fobs were in the car at same time. I've got some experimenting to do.
The battery I took out tested 2.85v. (it also had what looked like a dab of clear lube on it?) Is that considered low on a 3v battery?
Neither would unlock the hatch after a drive yesterday, but I had it in hibernation mode. Would that affect it?
Also, tried the lock/unlock button press reset, but wouldn't do anything....also in hibernation mode.

Am I off track here? suggestions what to try next?
2017 GTS btw

sharmut
03-15-2021, 09:35 AM
The battery I took out tested 2.85v. (it also had what looked like a dab of clear lube on it?) Is that considered low on a 3v battery?
Am I off track here? suggestions what to try next?
2017 GTS btw

The new battery voltage should be 3.3 - 3.4volts.