PDA

View Full Version : Need Reputable Tire Shop in around Central NJ

Jack's GTS
03-26-2014, 04:57 AM
Looking for a recommended tire shop in Central NJ to replace my 4 tires on my 1997 GTS. All help is appreciate. Prefer going with the Michelin Pilots.

Anonymous
03-26-2014, 05:53 AM
I would make the trip to Tator.

JerseyGTS
03-26-2014, 06:06 AM
Second that....tires can be sent directly to him and you have piece of mind knowing some hack isn't going to screw up your wheels.

TitleMine
03-26-2014, 06:43 AM
SRT dealership might be able to do it? There are a few around, Brown Daub, etc.

I wish I could help you with an Indy place; sadly the last one that came recommended damaged the magnesium track wheels on my husband's Corvette.

Granger73
03-26-2014, 08:25 AM
Where in NJ are you located?

Jack's GTS
03-26-2014, 08:33 AM
North Brunswick.

octopus
03-27-2014, 06:35 PM
Try calling Krazy House Customs on Rt. 1 in South Brunswick. They're currently working on a TT Viper and they seem to do nice work (a LOT of Ford Raptors). Do you drive your car often? I've never seen you driving around!

plumcrazy
03-27-2014, 08:20 PM
never heard a bad thing ab out krazy house. i have a great local mechanic who does all my work and has worked on a few vipers. but he is in pompton plains. approx exit 52 off rt 287. about 45 minutes north of you

Jack's GTS
03-28-2014, 03:44 PM
I just pick up the Viper in August. Original tires which I will change immediately.

Try calling Krazy House Customs on Rt. 1 in South Brunswick. They're currently working on a TT Viper and they seem to do nice work (a LOT of Ford Raptors). Do you drive your car often? I've never seen you driving around!

Jack's GTS
03-28-2014, 03:46 PM
Thanks for the info. Krazy House is 15 minutes from my place.

never heard a bad thing ab out krazy house. i have a great local mechanic who does all my work and has worked on a few vipers. but he is in pompton plains. approx exit 52 off rt 287. about 45 minutes north of you

octopus
03-28-2014, 06:16 PM
I just pick up the Viper in August. Original tires which I will change immediately.

I bet its been an extra long winter for you then! Still lots of potholes everywhere and they dropped A LOT of salt for the past storm they were anticipating. Hopefully this weekends rain will wash it all away. If you go to Krazy House check out the TT Viper if they have it in the shop. It's a B/W car like yours and should be very nice when its all finished!

Do you ever venture out to the Somerville cruise nights on Fridays in the spring and summer?

Jack's GTS
03-29-2014, 06:59 AM
I used to go to Somerville quite often with my Corvette. I will attend a few of the Cruise Nights and shows in the area. A friend of mine is the GM for the new Quaker Steak and Lube restaurant that is opening next month on Rt1 in Edison. They will be hosting a Cruise night every Sunday starting in May. Hope to see you around.

I bet its been an extra long winter for you then! Still lots of potholes everywhere and they dropped A LOT of salt for the past storm they were anticipating. Hopefully this weekends rain will wash it all away. If you go to Krazy House check out the TT Viper if they have it in the shop. It's a B/W car like yours and should be very nice when its all finished!

Do you ever venture out to the Somerville cruise nights on Fridays in the spring and summer?

octopus
03-29-2014, 12:19 PM
Nice! I pass by there on the way home from work everyday. Looks like its coming along nicely. It'd be cool if somebody could convince Ferrari to bring a couple of their cars out to Quaker Steak as they're only 2 minutes down the road. I'll definitely be seeing you at some cruise nights/shows. There are a few other Vipers running around in the area as well.

Schen
03-29-2014, 12:36 PM
Someone remembers Somerville? Man that's taking it back a bit! I miss those days. Always had a great time and made some good friends. Last time we did one of those was 2008!

Doubt FOCNJ would bring any cars, but QS&L should have a pretty big muscle car crowd! Hollywood Night Cruisers held car shows there last year but there wasn't really anything to attract cruisers in. Can't wait for them to open.

--RS

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3046/2680440755_c35cdb8aea_o.jpg
https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3047/2680446055_f86884a76a_o.jpg

plumcrazy
03-29-2014, 12:38 PM
i liked going to somerville. still a fun night out..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDAFGoDsRLk&feature=player_embedded

Jack's GTS
03-29-2014, 05:06 PM
BTW. I stopped by Crazy House today. They can do the tires.

Jack's GTS
03-29-2014, 05:09 PM
Hard to find a spot to park unless you get there at 3:00PM. Never cared to park behind the buildings or down side streets.

i liked going to somerville. still a fun night out..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDAFGoDsRLk&feature=player_embedded