PDA

View Full Version : Chuckwalla 1 49 2 track video

Arizona Vipers
02-15-2021, 04:27 PM
Broke the Nasa TTU record held by a Radical since 2017 even with a couple minor issues. First time with new 6XD sequential. Everything worked great mechanically, but car had software issues downshifting from 4th and 5th. Once you were in 4th or 5th, it would take 4-5 seconds before the car would downshift, killing my times. In the video if you listen after the two straights the car is stuck in 5th until the next turns. Car will go 1.46 next time. UMS Tuning was there helping after every session but we weren't able to figure it out because of my Motec license had limited logging for shifting. We'll upgrade that this week and get it fixed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpKZQ1231EE

Bruce H.
02-15-2021, 04:39 PM
Congratulations...and I'd say an issue costing 4-5 seconds is a little more than a minor issue!

Arizona Vipers
02-15-2021, 05:09 PM
Congratulations...and I'd say an issue costing 4-5 seconds is a little more than a minor issue!

I'd say more like 3 hehe. We'll see. I guess I mean "minor" as in being able to fix it. I'm leaving for COTA Super Lap Battle in a few weeks, so hopefully we get it fixed this week.

Pappy
02-15-2021, 05:11 PM

Nice job Cable. Bruce, I don't think it was costing him 4-5 seconds of lap time since he was still moving and probably off the throttle trying to downshift - just couldn't get it to downshift early enough to facilitate timely acceleration. It probably did cost him a couple of seconds, however.

Edit: I see Cable just beat me with his response LOL

Arizona Vipers
02-15-2021, 05:15 PM
Nice job Cable. Bruce, I don't think it was costing him 4-5 seconds of lap time since he was still moving and probably off the throttle trying to downshift - just couldn't get it to downshift early enough to facilitate timely acceleration. It probably did cost him a couple of seconds, however.

What was costing me the most time is just the break in your concentration, having to take your eyes off the road for 3-4 seconds to look at the gear indicator just blows the lap. Most other sessions I was 1.51, I got really lucky on this lap, it must have had the least amount of time waiting to downshift. In the other direction I had a lap where the car downshifted correctly every time except once and I had a 1.47 predictive and I spun of course LOL

Pappy
02-15-2021, 06:37 PM
What was costing me the most time is just the break in your concentration, having to take your eyes off the road for 3-4 seconds to look at the gear indicator just blows the lap. Most other sessions I was 1.51, I got really lucky on this lap, it must have had the least amount of time waiting to downshift. In the other direction I had a lap where the car downshifted correctly every time except once and I had a 1.47 predictive and I spun of course LOL

I have a gear position indicator on the AIM, but I am mounting the RTS gear position indicator on the A-pillar roll bar just above the dash where it is in my field of view with my eyes looking down-track. It is bigger/bolder and easier to read, and it reads directly off a rotary switch in the transmission - no relying on the GPS and engine RPM to compute which gear is selected like the AIM does. The guys at RTS told me they have had a lot of customers do something similar so they don't have to look at the dash.

13COBRA
02-16-2021, 07:27 AM
Great lap! Can't wait to see you run COTA!

Arizona Vipers
02-16-2021, 08:00 AM
Great lap! Can't wait to see you run COTA!

I'm guessing I run 2.14 there. I think I'll need a 2.12 to podium though, we'll see. LYFE Motorsports has a 2.07 GTR and was rebuilt to go faster this year and they also just build some insane Corvette. You can see it on Facebook. Some of the craziest aero ever.

Loud
02-16-2021, 08:05 AM
D@mn, Cable, that is awesome. And to break a record while having an issue is seriously moving. Good luck at COTA buddy.

13COBRA
02-16-2021, 09:49 AM
I'm guessing I run 2.14 there. I think I'll need a 2.12 to podium though, we'll see. LYFE Motorsports has a 2.07 GTR and was rebuilt to go faster this year and they also just build some insane Corvette. You can see it on Facebook. Some of the craziest aero ever.

Yeah I've seen them before. I was thinking you'd run a 2.10-2.12. You got this ;)

Simms
02-16-2021, 12:11 PM
:dude3::drive: Awesome! Imagine if there was no issue!

Arizona Vipers
02-16-2021, 03:06 PM
Yeah I've seen them before. I was thinking you'd run a 2.10-2.12. You got this ;)

Man dunno. It took 1300whp and huge pit crew for that GTR to run 2.07. They have a contraption built to where they can ROLL the entire car to grid lifted up with tire warmers on! LOL. The paddock is so far from the grid that they don't want the tires to lose any heat while driving down there. They get the 1 minute warning, rip the heaters off and drop the car. These cars can only do 2 laps before they overheat. Meanwhile I'm on the paddock with my wife taking mine off :smilielol: (God bless her!)

13COBRA
02-16-2021, 05:40 PM
Man dunno. It took 1300whp and huge pit crew for that GTR to run 2.07. They have a contraption built to where they can ROLL the entire car to grid lifted up with tire warmers on! LOL. The paddock is so far from the grid that they don't want the tires to lose any heat while driving down there. They get the 1 minute warning, rip the heaters off and drop the car. These cars can only do 2 laps before they overheat. Meanwhile I'm on the paddock with my wife taking mine off :smilielol: (God bless her!)

Haha I get that. The GTR does have natural disadvantageous to your Viper though.

You also are extremely well versed on a two or three lap session trying to maximize a fast lap time. You got that part in the bag. That's all you do haha

bluesrt
02-17-2021, 02:37 PM
thing sounds angry, nice job!

Exhlr8n
02-18-2021, 09:51 AM
Congrats..! Damn, that beast pulls hard out of the corners.