PDA

View Full Version : About to buy the wifey a CPO ftype Anyone own one here

chris_lee
02-15-2021, 01:46 PM
My wife has wanted the ftype for years. Finally found a 2017 base v6 CPO for the right price. She is obsessed with the firesand orange color. Curious if any of you guys have had one in the garage? From what I hear most owners love them. Not sure I would own one outside of warranty but other than that they seem great. She will be coming from a Lexus rc350 that had one of the worst sounding v6 engines I’ve experienced. Sounded like a cheap vw diesel.

Loud
02-16-2021, 08:13 AM
I owned a 2015 F-type V8S for 4 years before I sold it 3 months ago. Loved every minute with the car and put 40k miles on it. The last 18 months was without warranty and did not have an issue. Only warranty work that was needed was replacing the convertible top due to early wear.

This was the first car I did not have to upgrade the exhaust on, which usually is my first mod. It is fantastic and I'm sure you will enjoy it more than the Lexus.

https://i.imgur.com/SLsbkZS.jpg?1

BSLSK
02-16-2021, 09:56 AM
My parents leased a brand new F-pace (not F-type) for 3 years. It spent the first month they had it at the dealer getting several minor things repaired, which I can't recall anymore. I do remember that their keyless entry and auto start/stop never worked, and the dealer said it was a software issue that was never repaired in the 3 years it was in their hands. The A/C was also pretty disappointing. On the other hand, my mother-in-law leased an F-pace as well and loved every minute with it.

If it's CPO, I wouldn't worry as much. Usually, CPO warranties are better than original manufacturer warranties. It might be worthwhile to get an extended warranty after the CPO expires.

RacerJRP
02-16-2021, 10:20 AM
No experience with them, but great looking cars. A neighbor owns both an F-Type and and F-Pace.

JonB ~ PartsRack
02-16-2021, 10:56 AM
Jaguar sponsors SOVREN and TransAm, and as such I have some PACE CAR on-track duty in the F and the F-pace. Loved my F seat time, sounds great too. They set up a long Auto-X course and the car is NO SLOUCH in the twisty cones. I just wish it was Orange

"Happy Wife.......... "

[I was a Jag Nut back in 60s....70s. Visited Factory, and had 67E and 72 E-V12 ]

blknblubkrdude
02-16-2021, 11:47 AM
The F-Type R (early rwd models) is one of those cars I have an excessive amount of hours into research on.
It is one of the few vehicles that nearly all journalists love.
I don't think it can get a whole lot better for a GT car.

My girlfriend has not found herself one yet, but she is looking.

Shameless SVR plug46960

swexlin
02-16-2021, 12:31 PM
Nothing to add, except they are gorgeous cars. Of course, my mother owned, from new, a '71 E V12 'Vert, which I grew up in. I think it shaped my love of front engined sports cars...

chris_lee
02-16-2021, 03:16 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys. Yea from what I’ve been reading people seem to love these cars. Typical with Land Rover and jag it seems there are some problem cars that come off the line, but for the most part people seem to love them. I’m going to try to negotiate an extra year into the cpo warranty. They have it priced right with the firesand orange w/ black interior and exterior pack just looks too damn good. I have a feeling I’ll be borrowing her car to run errands from now on.

Loving this color...46961