PDA

View Full Version : Vette Thinks It's a Viper (UGH)

vipercollector
10-31-2013, 08:31 AM
http://www.carbuzz.com/news/2013/10/30/Vette-Thinks-it-s-a-Viper-Appeals-to-No-one-7716921/

slitherv10
10-31-2013, 08:39 AM
Envy does wonders for the mind. Its like an old lady in a mini skirt. looks good on the outside but the inside...UGHH!!

Fatboy 18
10-31-2013, 08:43 AM
Looks like the kit has used the C4 as a starting platform.
There's a company in the UK which also builds these things or will sell you parts to build one.

Have to say I've owned a Cobra Replica, but that Viper Kit is not nice :(

whitebeard
10-31-2013, 09:15 AM
Douche chill just looking at it. The dash looks like an 84 -86. (we used to re-manufacture them for Delco in the day).

ViperTony
10-31-2013, 09:20 AM
"Now the best part, this idiot is asking $10,999 for this abomination, which he describes as “rare"" :smilielol:

PatrickB
10-31-2013, 09:33 AM
"Now the best part, this idiot is asking $10,999 for this abomination, which he describes as “rare"" :smilielol:

Oh. Wow.

The better description is a 4-letter word that starts with an "s" and ends with a "t". :D

VoodooRob
10-31-2013, 10:10 AM
To the untrained public eye, people would think its Viper. Just like seeing a Countach or Gazelle kit, many people think its the real thing. I could never understand the whole build a car to look like another car thing. Cobra kits are an exception, I need to mention that. The proportions are always off and the "builder" pours so much $ into the project and at the end of the day it still is a C4 base, Fiero, VWBug, or whatever on the title. Most of these builds look as good as a toupee looks like real hair. 492

Thawk97
10-31-2013, 10:52 AM
Love that he used both sneaky pete and fangs logos inside to really reinforce "It's a VIPER!"

Space Truckin
10-31-2013, 11:34 AM
:witless: :furious:

bluesrt
10-31-2013, 11:41 AM
wondering what type of clown would actually take the time to manufacture the parts for this.:lol2:

slitherv10
10-31-2013, 11:54 AM
To the untrained public eye, people would think its Viper. Just like seeing a Countach or Gazelle kit, many people think its the real thing. I could never understand the whole build a car to look like another car thing. Cobra kits are an exception, I need to mention that. The proportions are always off and the "builder" pours so much $ into the project and at the end of the day it still is a C4 base, Fiero, VWBug, or whatever on the title. Most of these builds look as good as a toupee looks like real hair. 492

Why is the cobra kit an exception. Its just like the rest of the cars you mentioned. Its a go kart on wheels. Depending on the manufacture, and the build quality, it can go either way. I've seen cobra kits that look like its a battery operated kids toy and, I've seen them in exceptional form, as I have seen many Lambo and the like replicas. Looked into Cobra replicas a few years back and to be honest, when you get into the actual build and look at the material and quality etc....they are no better than the rest of the kits. Just my opinion from my experience. like I said though, there are quality builds out there for all replicas.

DrTaco
10-31-2013, 12:28 PM
Gotta love it

ttamez
10-31-2013, 03:40 PM
it looks like the viper from the game test drive 4...
http://imageshack.us/a/img607/1096/d3nv.jpg

wonder in 15 years will we see c7 vettes used as a base for a gen V? :lol2:

St.Char
11-02-2013, 07:33 AM
I just don't understand why these type of projects even get started, I know they have to be costly, but what a waste of time and cash:confused:

slitherv10
11-02-2013, 08:11 AM
I just don't understand why these type of projects even get started, I know they have to be costly, but what a waste of time and cash:confused:

Well we all have a dream. Those builders are out there to satisfy the dreamers. The ones that wish they could have one but can't/or don't want to afford one. That is one way of looking at it. O the other side of the coin, all sports cars and the like are made for dreamers. We buy them because they make us happy and we feel we stand for something. The love of the car. The hobby etc. All automobiles are go karts on wheels. It just that the large manufactures have a lot of money to build them that much better than you and I and the smaller builder who builds these replicas. In fact, most of the time private individuals build them better than the manufacture. So, replicas are no different really than the rest. They are just a lower build quality and usually less safe than what the big boys put together because of government regulations etc. I do appreciate a good replica build when I see it. Would I buy one? Probably not. They are interesting to look at though.

Bluecoupe
11-02-2013, 10:04 PM
Damn, I could have saved a crap ton of money!

slitherv10
11-03-2013, 08:08 PM
I think the VCA is excepting memberships for people with these cars. Desperation. Reaching for straws at this point.

Sybil TF
11-03-2013, 08:28 PM
How awful, those c-4 interiors were so ugly. For the cost you could almost buy a real viper I would think.

slitherv10
11-03-2013, 09:29 PM
How awful, those c-4 interiors were so ugly. For the cost you could almost buy a real viper I would think.

It;s like Joan Rivers when she underwent her transformation to become Pamela Anderson. Yikes !!