PDA

View Full Version : Car won t start

Q8_viper
01-26-2021, 10:03 AM
Hello,

I let the car sit up for 2 months and now won't start !!

1- No dash lights illuminate
2- No Electricity
3- I can't hear the fuel pump clicking on
, So I used the ( Car Jump Starter Portable Battery Charger) , the car start up !!!

After that i pulled Car Jump then the car come off , I thought my battery are dead .
So Today I put a new battery and i have the seam problem again !!

Any Help please? Is it Fuse issue !!!!

99RT10
01-26-2021, 01:04 PM
What year is your car? Gen 2 ignition switches can be an issue

FrankBarba
01-26-2021, 01:12 PM
Or possible Fuel Pump Problem if you can't hear it recycle..

jmart427
01-26-2021, 01:19 PM
Sounds like you need to start with simple troubleshooting first.

If your jump start works, but new battery doesn’t, Check your new battery install, make sure your terminals are properly connected. Start there. Make sure the car is getting power preliminary to cranking. Then you can troubleshoot the next thing. Keep us posted!

Fatboy 18
01-26-2021, 01:22 PM
Did you check that the new battery is fully charged?

Did you make sure the positive lead and negative lead terminals were nice and clean prior to connecting to the new battery. Have you checked you have power at the jump start terminal under the hood. Check fuses in PDC Black box by jump start terminal.

What model Viper is this? Gen 1 or 2?

When you do get the car started, you need to invest in a smart charger to keep the battery maintained when you are not using the car. Vipers drain battery's fast due to PCM memory, radio /clock alarm. So you must keep the car plugged in to a trickle charger.

If you don't, you will be in the same situation the next time you go to drive the car.

13COBRA
01-26-2021, 01:27 PM
Just another thing to check...

I had the issue on my 2008 and it was the clutch positioning sensor.

Q8_viper
01-26-2021, 02:09 PM
2002 viper GTS nothing is working on Electricity until Jump Starter the car working after I pulling the Portable Battery Charger of the car the car come off

- - - Updated - - -

It doesn’t start nothing is working

Viper98
01-26-2021, 02:42 PM
Bad/incomplete ground(earth)?

Patentlaw
01-26-2021, 02:54 PM
Sounds like you need to start with simple troubleshooting first.

If your jump start works, but new battery doesn’t, Check your new battery install, make sure your terminals are properly connected. Start there. Make sure the car is getting power preliminary to cranking. Then you can troubleshoot the next thing. Keep us posted!

This. Disconnect and then reconnect your battery. I would assume that your battery is not correctly installed.

dave6666
01-26-2021, 07:32 PM
clutch positioning sensor.

The clutch switch does not affect other items like not having dash lights etc. Nor would it not work with the old battery but would work with the jump starter. It's a starter interrupt not a battery disconnect switch.

Also be careful with the jump starter. It can fry your PCM. Those are about $1500 these days.

BJG32
01-26-2021, 08:18 PM
Check the cable connection at the battery. I had this happen twice with 2 different gen 2 vipers. If you’re even 1 % sloppy tightening the cables to the battery it will not start or it will only sporadically connect.

Q8_viper
01-27-2021, 11:21 AM
Check the cable connection at the battery. I had this happen twice with 2 different gen 2 vipers. If you’re even 1 % sloppy tightening the cables to the battery it will not start or it will only sporadically connect.

You are right. I just fix the issue it was cable connection at the battery it wasn’t tight

dave6666
01-27-2021, 02:33 PM
You are right. I just fix the issue it was cable connection at the battery it wasn’t tight

You should stop wrenching on cars. Seriously.

13COBRA
01-27-2021, 02:52 PM
The clutch switch does not affect other items like not having dash lights etc. Nor would it not work with the old battery but would work with the jump starter. It's a starter interrupt not a battery disconnect switch.

Also be careful with the jump starter. It can fry your PCM. Those are about $1500 these days.

I just read the title, skimmed what he wrote, and saw switching to a new battery didn't help.

jmart427
01-28-2021, 07:21 AM

Glad you were able to fix it,

TTSnake
01-28-2021, 11:03 AM
You're main clue was putting the jump starter on would start the car. Where did you jump it from? I'm sure you didn't connect it to the battery terminals right? So if it works when you connect it at the jump post but doesn't work with just the battery it must be the battery or connection at the battery.

Viper Red
02-01-2021, 04:18 AM
You should stop wrenching on cars. Seriously.

Mr. Opinion in da house !! LOL

Fatboy 18
02-01-2021, 06:26 AM
Removing the plastic Battery protective terminal caps before trying to connect the the positive and negative leads, normally helps!

:iamwithstupid: