PDA

View Full Version : Sad day but hopefully good ones to come

Sainthitch
03-24-2014, 01:18 PM
Well the day has come where I have made the choice to trade in the viper and move on to another car. I was not expecting it to sell so damn quickly, even priced it $5k more then what I paid for it 3 years ago and it went in a day. But since I still have my membership, I look forward to reading the magazines and reading on the forum of all the great things that are going on. I wish you all the best and if some of you are on other car forums, I may be talking to you all too soon!

Great to meet and know all of you.

Shawn

Loud
03-24-2014, 01:21 PM
Good luck. What car are you going for?

That is sweet to sell for 5k more after 3 years.

Sainthitch
03-27-2014, 06:49 PM
Looks like I will be getting into a 2009 Gallardo spyder 6 speed.

Good to see the Vipers are retaining their value.

Ohiotj
03-28-2014, 09:04 AM
At least you are not having to sell because of money issues. Great job on enjoying a car for three years and getting paid to do so. Hope you have the same luck with the new car.

Sainthitch
03-29-2014, 08:14 PM
Thanks Ohiotj. sad to see the viper go back cant say i am upset about the new car.

slitherv10
03-29-2014, 08:49 PM
Good luck with your new car Shawn. It is hard to part with a Viper as when you park next to a tasteful one (which they all are), the Gallardo just seems to make a great disappearing act...JJ..

On a side note...did you consider the Gen 5 Viper as it is in the same ball park financially as the 09 your getting? just curious to know as this is something SRT was trying to target.

Sainthitch
03-30-2014, 07:33 PM
I did consider it and you are correct - its right in the same financial ball park. I considered the last gen 4 ACR more so. Really it came down to the desire for a change. I knew that in a years time if the lambo was not as much fun as I have had in the viper, it would retain its value pretty good and I would loose a minimal amount to go back to a 2010 ACR. So who knows, i could very well be back in a years time!

The ultimate decision to upgrade was to have something slightly more refined then my gen 1. Something I wouldn't be as terrified to drive in the rain/get soaked and be able to go out for a nice evening with the wife and not have to hear her complain about how it messed up her hair, its too loud, or it could rain. I want something I can potentially drive all the time.

Rizzo
03-30-2014, 11:18 PM
Oh man. Congrats on the G. That is one sweet car. I think youll love it. My plan was to buy a G but then I found too good of a deal on my ACR so the G is on hold for now. The Spyders look awesome top up or down. They really designed them well.

Sainthitch
03-31-2014, 08:50 PM
Thanks Rizzo. I will let you know at the end of this season how it goes vs. the viper experience.