PDA

View Full Version : How does one remove the side vents?

ViperSmith
10-30-2013, 10:21 PM
I realize that there is a bolt from the interior to affix the side vent (the black gloss vent near the door) - how on earth do you get the plastic apart in the interior to do so?

Viperbob
10-31-2013, 06:11 PM
I realize that there is a bolt from the interior to affix the side vent (the black gloss vent near the door) - how on earth do you get the plastic apart in the interior to do so?

Its actually not that hard. The interior trim piece simply pulls away. there is also a long section of it that runs down the side by the door ,,but other than taking your time and pulling it away ...its simple.. The hardest part of the whole operation is removing the brake duct hose ( after you removed the two side vent bolts/nuts that actually secure the side vent piece in place)...and even harder re-installing the hose. The interior trim just snaps back in place..I don't recall it being an issue...the ducting hose certainly was

Viperbob
10-31-2013, 06:19 PM
also when re-installing the side vent..don't torque it down too hard or you will cause a dimple effect..

ViperSmith
10-31-2013, 06:29 PM
Thanks! Winter project. I am used to working on big farm tractors where you didn't need to worry about soft plastics :)