PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Viper sold numbers. Anyone know ?

slitherv10
10-30-2013, 09:15 PM
Just wondering how the sales have been now that were nearing the end of the season and year. I see some 2014 out and wonder if they are the same car (2013) just rebranded/titled as 14's. That would be disappointing in My opinion.

Any thoughts on why they haven't sold as expected?

Newport Viper
10-30-2013, 09:27 PM
sold about Tree Fiddy

slitherv10
10-30-2013, 09:52 PM
that's it !! No way. Has to be more than that. That's the lowest sales from any Gen no?

Chorps
10-31-2013, 12:19 AM
that's it !! No way. Has to be more than that. That's the lowest sales from any Gen no?

Lowest sales numbers were 2007, 2011 and 2012 model years. :smilielol:

2013#001
10-31-2013, 05:16 AM
I spoke to someone at SRT Viper a few months ago and they said there were about 800 produced and about 50 in Stryker Red.

ViperSmith
10-31-2013, 06:34 AM
Up until august there were around 450 sold I believe. Numbers for up until end of Sept should be available after the 1st.

Should be better, but IMHO 450 after <6 months of sales is ok so far.

Space Truckin
10-31-2013, 06:45 AM
I would say due to the ECONOMY, this is the worst since the great depression. In my case I thinned the herd of 3 cars to purchase mine (08 Viper, 09 Challenger, 66 GTO) and couldn't be happier. JM2C

Brian GTS
10-31-2013, 06:56 AM
No idea on the sold numbers, but boy, am I glad I bought one!!! What a car. Unfortunately, for the first time ever, my other Gens are collecting dust.

ViperSmith
10-31-2013, 07:14 AM
Lied, 381 through august 31

http://media.chrysler.com/newsrelease.do?&id=14816&mid=23

At that rate, they should sell 900 in a years time.

viperdan
10-31-2013, 07:27 AM
Lied, 381 through august 31

http://media.chrysler.com/newsrelease.do?&id=14816&mid=23

At that rate, they should sell 900 in a years time.

I'm not sure about that! When a new car is released the loyal and early must haves jump in and buy, now that the car has been out for a while and sales are stagnant the only way SRT is going to stimulate sales is with big rebates, unless they just aren't that concerned about the cars that are sitting as will the 14's too w/out $$$$$$ support. The TA will also help sales albeit not that much IMO.

Nine Ball
10-31-2013, 08:02 AM
Gen V cars are garbage. They are worth about $0.50. All of us that own them absolutely hate them.

:orange:

Viper Girl
10-31-2013, 09:26 AM
Gen V cars are garbage. They are worth about $0.50. All of us that own them absolutely hate them.

:icon_devil::icon_devil::icon_devil:

Fatboy 18
10-31-2013, 09:32 AM

:orange:Hey I've just found $0.50 in an old draw, where do I send my money :D

Nine Ball
10-31-2013, 09:43 AM
I only said they were worth $0.50, not that I'd sell it for that. I've lost over $120,000 on this purchase, and I'll just suffer it on my own. Thanks for caring, though!

slitherv10
10-31-2013, 09:56 AM
I only said they were worth $0.50, not that I'd sell it for that. I've lost over $120,000 on this purchase, and I'll just suffer it on my own. Thanks for caring, though!

What did you find is faulty in your opinion. Please share. It's important for us others who may consider one in the near future.

Nine Ball
10-31-2013, 10:00 AM
What did you find is faulty in your opinion. Please share. It's important for us others who may consider one in the near future.

I have a lot of complaints.

The interior is too nice, even the SRT base trim.
The shifter shifts way too good. I mean, it is the best shifter in the world.
Carbon fiber body is just way too modern.
The navigation works excellent. I assumed it would not work this well.
The car is just too fast for normal driving.
The car attracts too much attention. The freeway paparazzi with their mobile phone photo taking gets annoying.

I've owned a lot of Dodge products in the past. I had my expectations set very low because of them. This car is just too well built, to finished. I expected a lot worse, and didn't get it.

daytonprowler
10-31-2013, 10:08 AM
interio

The car attracts too much attention. The freeway paparazzi with their mobile phone photo taking gets annoying.

I've owned a lot of Dodge products in the past. I had my expectations set very low because of them. This car is just too well built, to finished. I expected a lot worse, and didn't get it.

I'd probably be miserable too if I had one. :car-smiley-003:

Space Truckin
10-31-2013, 11:53 AM
http://www.carbuzz.com/news/2013/10/28/Viper-Sales-Are-Hurting-as-the-Corvette-Arrives-7716867/

As of 10/28/13 ;)

Space Truckin
10-31-2013, 11:57 AM

Well said :dude3:

slitherv10
10-31-2013, 12:10 PM
http://www.carbuzz.com/news/2013/10/28/Viper-Sales-Are-Hurting-as-the-Corvette-Arrives-7716867/

As of 10/28/13 ;)

Corvettes always sold more than Vipers even during the years that the Viper sold more than they could produce. Such as 96 when the blue and whites came out, dodge ended up adding @500 more blue and whites in 97 because of the demand and no more 96's available. Corvette that year still sold more units than Viper. The point of the matter is, why the low numbers being sold. 426 to date is very low considering their outlook a year ago of 0ver 1500 units. Its sad but true that the new car just didn't drag as many Chevy or Ford buyers over. Be it the lack of enthusiasm over HP wars, the bang for the buck (price over the others) or what not, the new snake just didn't have enough bite in many peoples opinion in order to convert some over to our side. Oh well. Their loss really. Being exclusive to me has its advantages. Good for the few that chose the Gen 5 route and are having the time of their lives experiencing them.

Note : The Corvette also outsold the GT40's, Lambos and the like as well. Does that mean those cars are not worthy? Not.

6th-Element
10-31-2013, 12:32 PM
Big Question is how does the '13 compare to other intro years,

Gen 1 to Gen 2 - 1996 sales were ??
Gen 2 to Gen 3 - 2003 sales were ??
Gen 3 to Gen 4 - 2008 sales were ??
Gen 4 to Gen 5 - 2013 sales are ??

This is the true test to determine how successful it is and since the G3 to G4 was not a real generation change, it was more of an upgrade, hood, engine, tranny, not a complete car. Staticstically it should be thrown out.

JonB ~ PartsRack
10-31-2013, 12:40 PM
Remember that Gen 5 cars did not hit the streets [sell] til late April 2013.

EVERY new-model Viper except G3 SRT-C and G4 ACR was delayed well-past initial launch targets.

-92 late-late. Late 92.

--96 GTS debuted June 8 96...after 12/95 hopes, was supposed to be Feb 96 latest,

---2003 VGX-SRT was months late too.

----2007 was scrubbed so they could do a 2008 G4 and still launched months after initial plan.

-----After (and because of) the bankrupcy, some Suppliers were gun-shy (mad?) And also becuz NO Vipers built 7/10 thru '12 MY; SRT had supplier contract issues that delayed the 2013 G5 launch. And of course the "Engine Cert" issues of G5. Big element. {Did you know some early G1-2 Vipers were 49-state cars? To speed cert?}

So some of the 'doom-gloom-low-numbers' are the realities of a small-batch, hand-built exotic car history repeating itself.

AND THE PRICE! In relative terms, Ill let someone else do the 2013 equivalents,
but my 1992 was MSRP $55K; 1996 GTS was 67k; my 09 ACR was $108K.

ViperSmith
10-31-2013, 12:56 PM
Corvettes always sold more than Vipers even during the years that the Viper sold more than they could produce. Such as 96 when the blue and whites came out, dodge ended up adding @500 more blue and whites in 97 because of the demand and no more 96's available. Corvette that year still sold more units than Viper. The point of the matter is, why the low numbers being sold. 426 to date is very low considering their outlook a year ago of 0ver 1500 units. Its sad but true that the new car just didn't drag as many Chevy or Ford buyers over. Be it the lack of enthusiasm over HP wars, the bang for the buck (price over the others) or what not, the new snake just didn't have enough bite in many peoples opinion in order to convert some over to our side. Oh well. Their loss really. Being exclusive to me has its advantages. Good for the few that chose the Gen 5 route and are having the time of their lives experiencing them.

Note : The Corvette also outsold the GT40's, Lambos and the like as well. Does that mean those cars are not worthy? Not.

It has been on sale for a whole 6 months. Not sure what else you want. I am sure Ralph would like them all sold, but I don't see it as bad as people want it to be. Already sold more than 2009 and 2010.

viperdan
10-31-2013, 01:05 PM

Corvettes are a dime a dozen and I own a 2013 427 anniversary vert. Just as you can't compare a mass produced cookie cutter Vette to a Viper you can't compare it to a limit built FGT or Lambo either. A 60-70k C7 is like building a mansion and using pergo floors.

slitherv10
10-31-2013, 01:47 PM
It has been on sale for a whole 6 months. Not sure what else you want. I am sure Ralph would like them all sold, but I don't see it as bad as people want it to be. Already sold more than 2009 and 2010.

A whole 6 months?...they have been for sale (in our minds) since it was announced that a new car will be built for 2013. A whole 2 years really. All the hype and hoopla surrounding it and everyones anticipation, and, 426 cars to date. Common. If the car was all that, then when it got introduced at the LA show and captured the hearts of everyone and was enough of a WOW factor it would have converted some Chevy and ford etc,,, owners over, then, it would have been sold out. It would have sold all 1500+ anticipated numbers. Comon...in 96 the standard of living was less than today yet the cars sticker price was (here in Canada) 96,000....there in the states I believe it was somewhere in the 70's. Today the cars are only a few thousand more then in 1996 and only 426 cars sold yet they sold out back then at that price. If you were to put them on an even platform in regards to economy (price) then, todays car with all the extras over the 96's should be priced over 140,000 base price. You may be able to blame it on the economy but you would have to wait and make that assumption when we see the numbers for the corvette sales. If those sales are up to expectations then, unfortunately we have to bow our heads and realize reality.
Don't get me wrong, I love the new car and think that it is all it should have been under the circumstances. But, we have to look at the facts and numbers and realize the truth. i'm sure SRT was not expecting this many cars sold at this point. If there were orders in and not enough time to build them, I could understand, but, I don't believe that is the case. I could be wrong and there may be 1000 people waiting for their cars to be finished. I doubt it though. I wish there was. Correct me if im wrong but didn't SRT decide to re title some of the 13's to 14's. what does that say. It tells me that time ran out this year and 13's are still sitting in showrooms so, lets move on and worry about next year.

I respect all that SRT has done to fulfill our love for this car and make it into something that is formidable and respected among the best. I will continue to support them and will promote the Viper brand as a whole. The facts don't change that.
The Corvette will never be what the Viper has stood for among the people. A low production, exclusive automobile that has held its own in a very short while of its existence. I can only imagine what the Viper will end up to be in 30 more years. In a mere 22 years they have accomplished this.

Thanks again SRT and the individuals that have purchased the new car to keep the rest of us proud of the Viper.

Nine Ball
10-31-2013, 01:54 PM
In 20 years, my Gen V will be worth $0.75

ViperSmith
10-31-2013, 02:29 PM
A whole 6 months?...they have been for sale (in our minds) since it was announced that a new car will be built for 2013. A whole 2 years really. All the hype and hoopla surrounding it and everyones anticipation, and, 426 cars to date. Common. If the car was all that, then when it got introduced at the LA show and captured the hearts of everyone and was enough of a WOW factor it would have converted some Chevy and ford etc,,, owners over, then, it would have been sold out. It would have sold all 1500+ anticipated numbers. Comon...in 96 the standard of living was less than today yet the cars sticker price was (here in Canada) 96,000....there in the states I believe it was somewhere in the 70's. Today the cars are only a few thousand more then in 1996 and only 426 cars sold yet they sold out back then at that price. If you were to put them on an even platform in regards to economy (price) then, todays car with all the extras over the 96's should be priced over 140,000 base price. You may be able to blame it on the economy but you would have to wait and make that assumption when we see the numbers for the corvette sales. If those sales are up to expectations then, unfortunately we have to bow our heads and realize reality.
Don't get me wrong, I love the new car and think that it is all it should have been under the circumstances. But, we have to look at the facts and numbers and realize the truth. i'm sure SRT was not expecting this many cars sold at this point. If there were orders in and not enough time to build them, I could understand, but, I don't believe that is the case. I could be wrong and there may be 1000 people waiting for their cars to be finished. I doubt it though. I wish there was. Correct me if im wrong but didn't SRT decide to re title some of the 13's to 14's. what does that say. It tells me that time ran out this year and 13's are still sitting in showrooms so, lets move on and worry about next year.

I respect all that SRT has done to fulfill our love for this car and make it into something that is formidable and respected among the best. I will continue to support them and will promote the Viper brand as a whole. The facts don't change that.
The Corvette will never be what the Viper has stood for among the people. A low production, exclusive automobile that has held its own in a very short while of its existence. I can only imagine what the Viper will end up to be in 30 more years. In a mere 22 years they have accomplished this.

Thanks again SRT and the individuals that have purchased the new car to keep the rest of us proud of the Viper.

I disagree, but ok.

slitherv10
10-31-2013, 04:33 PM
Lol....I have a 20 line reply and get a 1/4 line reply. Too funny, but I like it.

Nine ball:
When you want to sell it for .075 let me know I might be able figure something out with the bank at that time. Might be a little short though.

Viper Girl
10-31-2013, 04:49 PM
I spoke to someone at SRT Viper a few months ago and they said there were about 800 produced and about 50 in Stryker Red.

I think I have pix and videos of your purchase. The excitement from the crowd was deafening near the stage.

KRATEDISEASE
11-03-2013, 08:50 AM

I feel like a penny when you talk like that.....

slitherv10
11-03-2013, 07:59 PM
Maybe with the the year coming to an end, the 2013 cars will come down with some rebates and help the cause.

99RT10
11-03-2013, 08:34 PM
In 20 years, my Gen V will be worth $0.75

I think you're over estimatting the value. I was thinking 2 bits.........:D

Shooter
11-04-2013, 06:18 AM
Is that cars actually sold? Or cars that are sitting on dealer lots?

I think the regular Gen IV's languished on dealer lots also until Dodge did the big rebate thing.

slitherv10
11-04-2013, 08:48 AM
Is that cars actually sold? Or cars that are sitting on dealer lots?

I think the regular Gen IV's languished on dealer lots also until Dodge did the big rebate thing.

Too the Gen IV's defence, I would think the cars were selling great up until Dodge announced that Viper will remain alive. Unfair to most 2010 owners who bought one thinking it was the last ones and thus to potential buyers who would have jumped on those cars if it were not for the announcement. They would have sold every single car in 2010 and they would be worth more than they are now if Viper brand would have seized to exist.
The rebates will soon come IMO for the 2013's or else they will sit on lots as well. Whom in their right mind would order or buy a 2013 when a 2014 is the same price and car? rebrand all the 2013's to 2014's ?

RedTanRT/10
11-04-2013, 09:23 AM
Today's Automotive News reports 69 sold in October, 495 YTD. Total 2013 production (MY '13 and '14) at 1,305

Bill Pemberton
11-04-2013, 09:56 AM
Whereas you can get a Viper for 140K+, it is not really a fair comparison to discuss 1996 prices , when there was only one way to get the machine for all intent and purposes --- one from column A. Now we have a menu that allows us what many have complained about, not enough options, so pricing is subjective to the buyer and not traditionally the manufacturer. To put some things in a realistic light, one can order a very well equiped SRT , with leather seats, upgraded rims and more and be in the 108 to 112K range and have a killer machine. Keep in mind the Touring Package ( NAV and backup camera ) and 12 speaker Harman Kardon are now standard in 2014 , so with the other perks ( cruise, launch control, 8.4 inch screen, locking gas cap, etc. ) not seen in the past , a Gen V can be very reasonable in comparison to most of it's competition.

Just a thought , but since we are seeing more and more folks leaning towards machines in this price range , it seems somewhat biased to assume the average car will be 140+, when it is now trending in a different direction. The beauty is ( and thank you SRT) is now one can, as a consumer, option the car to the max if desired, similar to Porsche , and that opens up a completely new buyer to some degree , who was frustrated that there were only a few options in previous Generations.

slitherv10
11-04-2013, 09:56 AM
Today's Automotive News reports 69 sold in October, 495 YTD. Total 2013 production (MY '13 and '14) at 1,305

Sorry are you saying they have sold 1305 2013 and 2014 units or? Hard to follow what your saying there.

donk_316
11-05-2013, 01:58 PM
Just FYI if anyone keeps track. Production numbers don't really equal sales numbers...

There's a "ultra rare 1 of 5" Canadian edition 2010 Viper still on the show room floor in BC and the dealer is STILL asking 119,000 for it.

I emailed him once last year (2012) telling him there are other 2010s still new at dealers going for 89,000 and he told me to go buy one from them.

Now, it's late 2013 and I can't even get a dealer to process my god damn financing paperwork / answer my questions for a 2009 Viper.

Tell me again why I'm going through this crap? Cause it's a Viper...

slitherv10
11-05-2013, 10:22 PM
Whereas you can get a Viper for 140K+, it is not really a fair comparison to discuss 1996 prices , when there was only one way to get the machine for all intent and purposes --- one from column A. Now we have a menu that allows us what many have complained about, not enough options, so pricing is subjective to the buyer and not traditionally the manufacturer. To put some things in a realistic light, one can order a very well equiped SRT , with leather seats, upgraded rims and more and be in the 108 to 112K range and have a killer machine. Keep in mind the Touring Package ( NAV and backup camera ) and 12 speaker Harman Kardon are now standard in 2014 , so with the other perks ( cruise, launch control, 8.4 inch screen, locking gas cap, etc. ) not seen in the past , a Gen V can be very reasonable in comparison to most of it's competition.

Just a thought , but since we are seeing more and more folks leaning towards machines in this price range , it seems somewhat biased to assume the average car will be 140+, when it is now trending in a different direction. The beauty is ( and thank you SRT) is now one can, as a consumer, option the car to the max if desired, similar to Porsche , and that opens up a completely new buyer to some degree , who was frustrated that there were only a few options in previous Generations.

So all this flexablity regarding options and such an array of options to choose from for such a small price and only 495 units sold?...Yet in 1996 with only 2 options and plastic this and rubber that, and @1600 units sold (sold out). that does not dd up to me. Were offering a beter car with more options and technology for a mere thousands more 17 years later. now that our paychecks are bigger and everything costs more and yet the Viper has only gone up 3 thousand more for a base SRT which has way more to offer than the 96 GTS ever had then and yet,again, no takers. Only 495 units sold. I smell a culprit here. HP Performance !! Corvette is hinting on a Twin Turbo version in the near future.Not good news at all if that were the case. I think SRT has their hands full if that comes to light. HP rules at this level of play. creature comforts belong with the European boys/gals. We here in the western world have shown over and over again that size matters. Bigger dogs , horses, cars, houses, egos,etc. HP is one of them. We like the biggest and baddest. Not the most comfortable and appealing.

just my opinion and experience in living among us westerners.

Its great to analyze this in different perspectives to suit the situation. To prove ourselves right. To support our own but, its reality and facts that count in the end. The numbers are low, the buyers are few and the competition is no longer far behind. The Viper is becoming domesticated. Gone are the days of the wild and free. The bad to the bone attitude it employed on the competition. The predators are becoming the prey.

As I said before, my thoughts are by no way implying that this new car is not worthy, It is a beautiful masterpiece built by SRT with all the power they had. I thank them deeply for their effort to keep this car alive. That is something that cannot be contested. The car itself though can be.

Long live SRT and the Viper

KRATEDISEASE
11-08-2013, 03:46 PM

If these unsold cars do not move by mid next year, prices may drop dramatically to get them off the dealer lots even at a loss. And the slightly used 2013 Vipers will drop even more in price, hopefully....

looks like I am getting more and more interested in picking up one at a fire sale price.....fingers crossed.

KRATEDISEASE
11-08-2013, 05:39 PM

According to the US Department of Labor Inflation Calculator ( located at http://www.bls.gov/data/inflation_calculator.htm ) using the Consumer price index, a 1997 year Viper costing $80,000 sticker would calculate to cost $119,387 today.... WITHOUT the upgrades in interior.

Nine Ball
11-08-2013, 05:50 PM
According to the US Department of Labor Inflation Calculator ( located at http://www.bls.gov/data/inflation_calculator.htm ) using the Consumer price index, a 1997 year Viper costing $80,000 sticker would calculate to cost $119,387 today.... WITHOUT the upgrades in interior.

Exactly.

People just like to complain that things have gotten too expensive, when in reality their dollar just became less value.

slitherv10
11-08-2013, 07:40 PM
Exactly.

People just like to complain that things have gotten to expensive, when in reality their dollar just became less value.

The Viper is a lot more affordable today then it was in those days. Hands down. Bang for your buck the 2013 is a deal in comparison.

99RT10
11-09-2013, 11:23 AM
The Viper is a lot more affordable today then it was in those days. Hands down. Bang for your buck the 2013 is a deal in comparison.

So, what is the argument when you apply that same logic when the Corvette is brought into the discussion. If the Viper is a "deal", then the Corvette is a steal and a half.

It comes down to this, the Corvette appeals to the broader spectrum. The Viper is an acquired taste. SRT tried to capture the larger market, but in the process, alienated the Viper base by not giving them the car they expected. Is it a nice car? Hell yes. Just not over the top as it has been in the past, and the HP bump was weak at best. Pretty embarrassing when the Mustang has more HP than the Viper.

viperdan
11-09-2013, 01:47 PM
So, what is the argument when you apply that same logic when the Corvette is brought into the discussion. If the Viper is a "deal", then the Corvette is a steal and a half.

It comes down to this, the Corvette appeals to the broader spectrum. The Viper is an acquired taste. SRT tried to capture the larger market, but in the process, alienated the Viper base by not giving them the car they expected. Is it a nice car? Hell yes. Just not over the top as it has been in the past, and the HP bump was weak at best. Pretty embarrassing when the Mustang has more HP than the Viper.

I respectfully disagree. The Corvette is a dime a dozen everymans car, the Viper is a rare and unique "drivers" car that is not for the faint of heart! IMO it's not about hp wars, it's about having a car that reaches your soul! I've owned 7 Vipers and always had a special feeling every time I drove one of them, when I drive my 505hp 2013 60th anniversary Vette I feel like I'm getting into my SUV which is why I won't have it too much longer.

BlknBlu
11-09-2013, 02:20 PM
Follks seem to forget it is not all about HP but HP to weight ratio and there are only 2 other cars ahead of the Viper in this category. I think they did a wonderful job on the new car that has kept the Viper faithful and brought in a new demographic of customers. The rollout of the Vehicle has not been ideal and the car has gotten bad press. We all hope that these changes can be rectified so that the 2014 cars can make a comeback.

Bruce

ViperSmith
11-09-2013, 02:31 PM
IMHO SRT should give vouchers for some free MOPAR gear to 2013/2014 owners to give rides to owners of old gens. I've let 1 Gen IV owner take a drive, Claude let someone take a drive in his and they are now clamoring to get one.

Once butts are in seats, it is hard not to love it.

slitherv10
11-09-2013, 04:17 PM

I respectfully disagree. The Corvette is a dime a dozen everymans car, the Viper is a rare and unique "drivers" car that is not for the faint of heart! IMO it's not about hp wars, it's about having a car that reaches your soul! I've owned 7 Vipers and always had a special feeling every time I drove one of them, when I drive my 505hp 2013 60th anniversary Vette I feel like I'm getting into my SUV which is why I won't have it too much longer.

Follks seem to forget it is not all about HP but HP to weight ratio and there are only 2 other cars ahead of the Viper in this category. I think they did a wonderful job on the new car that has kept the Viper faithful and brought in a new demographic of customers. The rollout of the Vehicle has not been ideal and the car has gotten bad press. We all hope that these changes can be rectified so that the 2014 cars can make a comeback.

Bruce

I totally agree with what your saying 99RT-10. The Corvette is definitely a lot more of a deal as far as bang for your buck goes. For example, the 96 Viper was 75K back in the day with 450HP and no creature comforts except for air and windows. The new base corvette has 460 Hp and all the creature comforts of a Cadillac ( well almost), for 70K. Now that is a deal considering its 17 years later and cars such as other things since then have gone up in value and yes our dollar value is worthless. That is one hell of a deal for a new body styled 4t60 Hp car that does an est quarter mile time of 11.60.
I definitely agree about the Viper being less of a WOW factor than the past Generations. Thus the sales numbers and the arguments.

As far as HP wars is concerned. Ass much as we all hate to admit it but, Hp numbers are very important to the sports car enthusiast. Its a factor that most hate to admit but its true. There are few people that love what the car stands for but, for most, and that is what SRT wanted, MOST, people unfortunately were disappointed with the numbers the new car put out. Yes a mere 40 hP that can be accounted for with an exhaust system and filter on a Gen 4. HP is very important in this level of playing field. All sports cars speak one language, speed. I agree that the mustang of all cars should have never had more HP than the Viper. Maybe the Vette since they have a long battle of Hp wars dating back since the late 60's and early 70's. The Viper on the other hand has no HP wars since its inception. That is why it hurts so much. SRT allowed the competition, for the first time in Viper history, to edge us out and open their mouths. The ZR1 although more HP in 2009 and 2010 than the Viper, did not have the styling and or the quarter times to prove itself worthy against the Viper brand. If the new car wanted to hold its own as did the 09 and 10 cars even with less HP, then SRT should have brought out an ACR version (maybe the GT3-R ) and wowed us with the styling and we would have excepted the HP loss. The Mustang is an unfortunate situation,but, because of its old styling and engineering, it cannot keep up with the Viper or the Vette. Its still not in the same league.
The New Viper is yes, A hell of a car, but, I agree, it does not have the wow factor the last few Gens had. Maybe in 2015 (ACR). lets cross our fingers and enjoy these cheap 130K cars, When the ACR hits the streets, im sure the price tag will dictate its sales

99RT10
11-09-2013, 11:09 PM

So I guess 2013 only reached 495 souls this year, lets see how it does next year at this price level............................... :furious:

slitherv10
11-09-2013, 11:43 PM
So I guess 2013 only reached 495 souls this year, lets see how it does next year at this price level............................... :furious:

With the new Corvette set to hit the dealerships soon, It's going to make the 2014 sales numbers very difficult to accomplish.IMO

viperdan
11-10-2013, 06:46 AM
With the new Corvette set to hit the dealerships soon, It's going to make the 2014 sales numbers very difficult to accomplish.IMO

The Corvette has been in dealerships for two months! I really don't get why anyone compares the two, in any one year the Corvette has sold more units than the Viper has in its lifetime! The simple fact is SRT overshot the target audience by 25k on the GTS and 15k on the base. It shocks me they did not do a price adjustment on the 14's and throw some big rebate money at the 13's. The big dealer in Texas already has 17 2014's and 7 13's in stock, other big stores are adding up also. The small stores that have units in inventory will be hard pressed to sell them with winter here, and I'm quite sure they are not pleased with floating the floor plan on these tickets.

slitherv10
11-10-2013, 08:50 AM
The Corvette has been in dealerships for two months! I really don't get why anyone compares the two, in any one year the Corvette has sold more units than the Viper has in its lifetime! The simple fact is SRT overshot the target audience by 25k on the GTS and 15k on the base. It shocks me they did not do a price adjustment on the 14's and throw some big rebate money at the 13's. The big dealer in Texas already has 17 2014's and 7 13's in stock, other big stores are adding up also. The small stores that have units in inventory will be hard pressed to sell them with winter here, and I'm quite sure they are not pleased with floating the floor plan on these tickets.

Its not a matter of how many units each sells. that is not the argument. the point made regarding that statement is that Viper sales will further decline or get into a stand still as soon as the Vette comes to the dealeships. That's all.Not that the Viper should oversell the corvette or what not. Just the sales will hurt with that car coming into production.
I do agree with your statement regarding price adjustments and overpriced units that took the average American in a time of hardship with the economy and what not. Rebates should definitely be offered to the 13's and even the 14's if they want those to compete with pricing among the sports cars.I'm not comparing Vipers to mustangs or vettes. Just making the point that most would get into a 75K car before they put out 130K. Mustang has more HP and can run with the best of them (straight line) while the vette has lower Hp , you can easily tune that car and get to quarter mile times equaling the Viper for 10's of thousands less. Still a vette yes, but if you have no choice because of funds, you end up buying something rather than nothing.

slitherv10
12-14-2013, 07:02 PM
Anyone know the update?

RedTanRT/10
12-15-2013, 10:01 AM
Anyone know the update?

November US retail viper sales = 41, 536 YTD