PDA

View Full Version : Rwhp??

James430
03-23-2014, 12:46 PM
Does anybody know what the average rwhp is of a stock gen2 Rt/10??....These are the mods I'm making next week and I'm hoping to get to that magic 500 rwhp....Belanger headers,roe high flow cats,mopar 708 cam,high performance lifters,3/8 inch push rods,1.7 roller rockers,smooth tubes and a good Dyno tune.
Whatta ya think she will do??

Thanks

uvbnbit
03-23-2014, 01:09 PM
you didn't say which year. but typically, anywhere from 380 to 420. I'm guessing your mods would put you in the 450-470 range.

James430
03-23-2014, 01:56 PM
It's a 2001,,,,The one with the Cream puff cam and lifters :(. I'm hoping it does a little better than that or I'm going to have to pick up some more cans on the side of the road for money for heads...huh.

Fatboy 18
03-23-2014, 02:14 PM
http://www.viperacr.com/tuners/reference.html?submit=submit

plumcrazy
03-23-2014, 02:41 PM
start picking up cans.....

slitherv10
03-23-2014, 02:55 PM
if you can find some beer bottles it might help quicken the process.
Bang for your buck the lifters are not very attractive unless your doing the install yourself or your doing it in combination with more internal upgrades. That is when they shine better, otherwise I think the extra cans you collected for them was a waste in my opinion.

James430
03-23-2014, 03:31 PM
if you can find some beer bottles it might help quicken the process.
Bang for your buck the lifters are not very attractive unless your doing the install yourself or your doing it in combination with more internal upgrades. That is when they shine better, otherwise I think the extra cans you collected for them was a waste in my opinion.

Thanks guys,,,,.Slither,I kinda hope your wrong about the lifters. Talked to Sean Roe about these for quite awhile and it sounded like I needed them. If they don't work (and that will be hard to tell) it's a pricy mistake. see link below

http://www.roeracing.com/productcart/pc/High-Performance-Lifters-Viper-Engines-92-06-154p931.htm

plumcrazy
03-23-2014, 03:42 PM
its easy for me to spend your money but you did cam and lifters but didnt do head work ?

James430
03-23-2014, 03:56 PM
its easy for me to spend your money but you did cam and lifters but didnt do head work ?

No head work now...A local place in Houston has a set of heads they fixed up and will give me a good deal on. I will call them tomorrow and see. The place I'm getting the mods done will work with the Dyno tune and get a lot of hp out of it.
The place I'm taking it is Serious HP. In Houston (about 45 min away). Check out this YouTube video of a Houston Viper club Dyno day....pretty interesting..and if you search their videos there are a lot of Vipers.

http://youtu.be/4PwyWvJA5u8

TooBlue
03-23-2014, 04:50 PM
http://www.viperacr.com/tuners/reference.html?submit=submit

That is a very good detailed explanation IMO. First time I've seen that one....:dude3:

No head work now...A local place in Houston has a set of heads they fixed up and will give me a good deal on. I will call them tomorrow and see. The place I'm getting the mods done will work with the Dyno tune and get a lot of hp out of it.
The place I'm taking it is Serious HP. In Houston (about 45 min away). Check out this YouTube video of a Houston Viper club Dyno day....pretty interesting..and if you search their videos there are a lot of Vipers.

http://youtu.be/4PwyWvJA5u8

The reworked heads will really help your other new mods come alive. I know it's additional money for the heads but you will already have the top of your engine tore apart.

Unfortunately the problem with the "cream puffs" are the pistons.....

Good luck with your project. You will really like the cam lope sound of the 708....

Martyb
03-23-2014, 05:35 PM
I am guessing with a tune you may hit 475rwhp. I just added a 708 and good lifters to my 2001 GTS. It sounds awesome and I think it pulls harder in the mid range. I did not do the heads, but I have an extra set of heads that I may send out one of these days.

AM.MSCL
03-24-2014, 12:53 PM
our 2001 GTS ACR with only addition for performance was Belenager headers and High flow cats. We got 465 rwhp at ART ( when they were still open in Buda, TX); we were told at the time that was a good strong number for no tune. If we got a tune we might hit 480.

Now with that being said every time I see conversations about heads on the Viper Forums (all 3) everyone talks about Styker heads or forget it. I not sure if the other options are not good or don't justify the $ compared to the Stryker Heads (happens to not do Gen 2 heads anymore).
Do not get in a rush and take just 1 shops words about heads, cam, and rockers.

James430
03-25-2014, 12:17 PM

OK, OK ,I Found a whole dumpster full of cans and found a super deal on a set of heads...Now I should be over the 500 magic mark....I'll post the Dyno Sheets and Dyno Video in about 2 weeks....Thanks for spending my money :o anybody want to buy a set of stock heads now??

plumcrazy
03-25-2014, 03:09 PM
lol, youre welcome. tell your wife i apologized for the spending spree

ViperTony
03-25-2014, 03:35 PM
lol, youre welcome. tell your wife i apologized for the spending spree

Yeah, trust me, telling my wife "It's OK, Plum said 'while you're in there' I 'might as well'...." and before I got the word "heads" out of my mouth she nailed me with a cast iron frying pan. Followed by "Who or What is a Plum?" and "Oh no you didn't!" But I proceeded with the Greg Good treatment anyway. It was well worth the pain.

plumcrazy
03-25-2014, 07:36 PM
lmao, forgot i got you i trouble too....sorry tony !

:)

James430
03-26-2014, 01:56 AM
Yeah, trust me, telling my wife "It's OK, Plum said 'while you're in there' I 'might as well'...." and before I got the word "heads" out of my mouth she nailed me with a cast iron frying pan. Followed by "Who or What is a Plum?" and "Oh no you didn't!" But I proceeded with the Greg Good treatment anyway. It was well worth the pain.

Your Lucky!!....I've been getting Evil stares from the Girlfriend for 2 days and even my Dog is pissed at me for kicking him out of his dog house so I could get my pillow and blanket in there....I think I'll let her PM Plumcrazy so she can vent a little :slap:

Leslie
03-26-2014, 02:27 AM
Tell her it will keep you safer in your Viper.

Then buy her something that glitters.

uvbnbit
03-26-2014, 05:39 AM
Then buy her something that glitters.

Polished Superchargers glitter.....:lol2:

Leslie
03-26-2014, 06:45 AM
Hahaha!

95Viper
03-26-2014, 08:34 AM
now if we could just get Roe to make & sell some more glitter we could have a lot more p---ed off wives N gfriends... I don't mind getting the stink eye for a while if I get a supercharger along with it, lolol..... :smileys-car-driving

ViperTony
03-26-2014, 12:20 PM
Ha, 7 years later my wife still reminds me of what I said when I made the case to buy a Viper. She quotes "You said it's only going to cost $xxx and there's nothing else it needs, no upgrades, etc. that it was perfect stock.". Several dozen mods later she continues to remind me of that. :D

James430
03-27-2014, 10:57 AM
Nice and shiny!!

http://i.imgur.com/FHAkoHs.jpg

C.J
03-27-2014, 11:03 AM
Just curious, but when heads are ported, etc, don't they refresh the mating surface too?

James430
03-27-2014, 11:42 AM
I'm not much of a head guy but I think your correct....My heads are already boxed up and ready to deliver to the shop...These are a set of 2013 heads that are supposed to look like mine....I'll take a look at mine Sat. Morn when I drop the car off, and get a few pics and compare...

Thanks

James430
04-12-2014, 03:46 PM

Thanks....the heads helped,check out my signature,got the car out today and was able to watch all the Dyno pulls and tuning...hope the signature helps a few Gen 2 owners on making a decision on mods .I only got on it once on the way home and I tellya...107 extra rwhp is FUN!!!!...I think they should have thrown in a roll of toilet paper:o

slitherv10
04-12-2014, 08:07 PM
Thanks....the heads helped,check out my signature,got the car out today and was able to watch all the Dyno pulls and tuning...hope the signature helps a few Gen 2 owners on making a decision on mods .I only got on it once on the way home and I tellya...107 extra rwhp is FUN!!!!...I think they should have thrown in a roll of toilet paper:o

What brand heads and who did them?

99RT10
04-12-2014, 08:45 PM
Those are some good numbers. Very respectable. I have a set of JM heads i was going to install but may just do the Greg Good heads instead. JM heads are Gen 3s and should flow a little better but not sure if I want to deal with switching exhaust flanges to make the JM heads workable.

James430
04-12-2014, 09:18 PM
Gallant Technical performance is where I got them they are here in the Houston area....Serious HP that did my work swears by him.This is his facebook page,Lots of Lambo stuff and some neat work on 2013 Viper heads..His name is Craig and he knows Greg Good pretty well.....My numbers were stock heads with his street performance package,nothing radical....He uses AFR,Brodix and other heads if you want them.

https://es-la.facebook.com/GallantTechnicalPerformance

Home page
http://www.gtp-racing.com/

99RT10
04-12-2014, 10:30 PM
Gallant Technical performance is where I got them they are here in the Houston area....Serious HP that did my work swears by him.This is his facebook page,Lots of Lambo stuff and some neat work on 2013 Viper heads..His name is Craig and he knows Greg Good pretty well.....My numbers were stock heads with his street performance package,nothing radical....He uses AFR,Brodix and other heads if you want them.

https://es-la.facebook.com/GallantTechnicalPerformance

Home page
http://www.gtp-racing.com/

Did he give you flow numbers? My last set of Gen II heads flowed 315 CFM at .600" lift 28" of water. Just curious how Gallant Technical performance stacks up. Using the 708 cam and 1.7 RR, your lift is right at .575".

Big Miata
04-26-2014, 05:33 PM
I love it. I don't know why everyone wants to do a bigger cam. The 708 get lope and great driveability and 500 to the wheels. If I want to rev higher I should have bought a gen iv. the gen 1 and 2 intake manifolds make them more fun street machines.