PDA

View Full Version : Gen2 twin turbo kit for sale

Longhornsmark
10-30-2013, 09:13 PM

TT stage 1 kit from RSI for sale. Kit is new and at their shop for installation or can have it shipped.

RSI Street Series Twin Turbo System for Dodge Viper Gen 2 (1996-2002)

These systems are relatively easy to install and include the following"

Precision 6266 CEA - Journal Bearing Turbos - *Upgradeable
RSI 304 Stainless Up Pipes
RSI 3" 304 Stainless Downpipes
RSI Silicone Turbo to Intercooler Pipe
RSI Front Mount Intercooler - *Upgradeable
RSI Aluminum Intake Pipes
RSI 304 Stainless Dump tubes
Tial Q Blow off Valves
Precision 46mm Wastegates
Oil line kit with fittings and Turbowerx Scavenge pump
All Necessary Black Silicone Couplers and Clamps
Turbo Mount K&N Filters
All Pipes come standard with Black Ceramic (Hotside) and Black Textured Powercoat (Cool Side) (Custom Colors are available)

RSI Stage 2 Fuel System
RSI Billet Triple Pump Hanger
Twin Walbro 255s
RSI Stage 2 Stainless Line Kit
RSI Billet Fuel Rails
RSI Street Series Injectors

RSI Tuning Kit
SCT Handheld
Mopar 2 Bar Map Sensor
RSI Start Tune *Will Require Final Tuning

slitherv10
10-30-2013, 09:20 PM
Is this yours or RSI"s. Either way, how much is it and what are the numbers behind it HP TQ etc.

Longhornsmark
10-30-2013, 09:58 PM
I won it in the raffle and paid a ton of taxes on it, I can pick it up this weekend while in town for race but figured whoever purchased would probably have will and his guys install anyway. I know nothing about the kit other than the hp numbers I'm seeing on RSI's website, I can put you in contact with will to answer any technical questions about it.

10k takes it.

KNG SNKE
10-31-2013, 05:18 AM
10k is not too bad of a price. HMM.. Must fight urge.

Troublemaker
10-31-2013, 07:07 AM
10k is not too bad of a price. HMM.. Must fight urge.

If you do decide to jump on this PM me a price on the Roe? Turbos don't suit what I'm after, but a twin screw does.

Good luck with the sale, at that price it wont last long.

KNG SNKE
10-31-2013, 07:41 AM
Seems RSI is having a sale on the kit, 13675. I do miss having a turbo car though it wasn't a Viper.

FSTENUF
11-01-2013, 01:45 PM
FIRST TIME ON NEW SITE AND I FIND THIS... OH THIS COULD BE VERY BAD. :t1236: DO YOU STILL HAVE THIS ????

KNG SNKE
11-01-2013, 07:23 PM
Will kindly sent me the instructions and there are a couple portions of them that I am not sure I want to do. For me it would have to be a stellar deal to consider but a cool kit none the less. Looks easy to install too.

slitherv10
11-01-2013, 08:54 PM
If I knew this kit was complete and not missing anything and.....also is ready to be shipped out with EVERYTHING" included and no parts that somehow got misplaced or missed during packaging or are out of stock all of a sudden or any other excuses.......I would buy it in a minute. But...not sure about all those questions as it is still in the hands of RSI and what Guarantee do we have that we are getting everything that is suppose to be with that kit.

good luck answering all that. I live too far from the product to take a chance. Too many posts about people not getting their product on time or missing pieces. Don't want to be one of those guys that are told....."we told you so".

On the other hand, RSI is a reputable company minus some bad experiences, you can't make everyone happy, so maybe I'm thinking out loud too much. My Bad?:h1504:

Will at RSI
11-01-2013, 11:27 PM
This is a complete kit. Mark wanted to leave it with us so that anyone wanting to purchase had the options to upgrade, have us install, and most importantly, know that everything is there!

slitherv10
11-02-2013, 08:54 AM
This is a complete kit. Mark wanted to leave it with us so that anyone wanting to purchase had the options to upgrade, have us install, and most importantly, know that everything is there!

What do you recommend as an upgrade to this kit. I will be using it primarily for street with the occasional track day with the club. Primarily I would like to take the car to the drag strip 5-10 times a year in the future. but for now just get the turbo installed and go from there. I will be installing it with a garage that does turbo installs but, what about the tuning ? Would the 6766 turbos make more sense ? Any other thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks

Longhornsmark
11-13-2013, 09:31 AM
I'm taking the kit down to 9000 so it can sell in the next few weeks, if it doesn't move in the next few weeks I'm going to have Wil ship it do me and I'll hang onto it until I add another car next year.

KNG SNKE
11-13-2013, 06:38 PM
Price is really good and if I had an earlier gen I'd be all over it. Since I'm in a creampuff it is just out of reach for me especially with having to swap pistons etc.

JerseyGTS
11-13-2013, 06:47 PM
King snake I'll buy your Roe to help you offset that TT cost...

We met at Tatortoga a couple years ago...you can just ship everything to chuck!

KNG SNKE
11-13-2013, 07:45 PM
I remember you. I have actually gotten 5 emails requesting to purchase my Roe. I made an offer on the kit but it is relatively low because I am thinking about the other creampuff expenses that go with it (pistons, rods, etc). Installation would be a breeze though judging by the instructions.

No shipping on the Roe kit though. Hand delivered :). Those things tend to have issues in the mail during shipping.

JerseyGTS
11-13-2013, 07:51 PM
Good luck to you whatever you decide.

Overall however, it's easier to get through on the obamacare website than it is to get one of those damn Roe blowers!

KNG SNKE
11-13-2013, 08:25 PM
Good luck to you whatever you decide.

Overall however, it's easier to get through on the obamacare website than it is to get one of those damn Roe blowers!

I do have a fear of missing the blower though. Seems everyone who had a Roe and went with big TT builds definitely miss it. None of my locals have a build like that for me to experience it unfortunately.

ICPREY
11-13-2013, 08:41 PM
If it didn't require cutting the frame and having a front mount intercooler blocking my radiator I would switch it out for my Roe. Great deal, GLWS!

Fuoss484
11-13-2013, 08:49 PM
I would not mind having a kit like this for my viper. Do you have to cut your frame with this kit?

KNG SNKE
11-14-2013, 05:17 AM
I would not mind having a kit like this for my viper. Do you have to cut your frame with this kit?

From what I saw 2 holes in the frame, makes me slightly nervous. This is for the oil return lines. I don't recall seeing another cut on the frame though.

plumcrazy
11-14-2013, 06:04 AM
dont sweat the small holes for the oil lines. and the front mount IC. easy to install. its just a car, go ahead and cut it up !

KNG, this has your name all over it. but i wouldnt sell the rare roe for much less than the asking price on this TT kit.

KNG SNKE
11-14-2013, 06:29 AM
dont sweat the small holes for the oil lines. and the front mount IC. easy to install. its just a car, go ahead and cut it up !

KNG, this has your name all over it. but i wouldnt sell the rare roe for much less than the asking price on this TT kit.

The front mount and cutting, no issues from me there. The holesaw holes on a load bearing section of the frame makes me slightly nervous. The only thing driving my interest is the amount of RSI cars out there without hearing a single issue from those holes. Either way it most likely won't happen, my offer was fairly conservative.

slitherv10
11-14-2013, 07:26 AM

Cutting holes into the frame of your car is like cutting holes into your 2X4 support framing in your walls at home...hmmm...is that a good thing? Oh well...what you can't see won't hurt you right...right? :saw:

KNG SNKE
11-14-2013, 07:30 AM
Cutting holes into the frame of your car is like cutting holes into your 2X4 support framing in your walls at home...hmmm...is that a good thing? Oh well...what you can't see won't hurt you right...right? :saw:

You actually make a valid point but the odd part is most 2x4's in your home do actually have holes in them to run the electrical wiring, and fairly large holes. (Older houses pre 1990). Then again I don't take my house above 100mph either :)

plumcrazy
11-14-2013, 07:30 AM
not saying it optimal but there are tons of cars out there doing it. im pretty sure not just RSI kits do it. can a gusset be welded in to help support the drilling maybe ? is there any other way to do it without drilling it ?

KNG SNKE
11-14-2013, 07:41 AM
not saying it optimal but there are tons of cars out there doing it. im pretty sure not just RSI kits do it. can a gusset be welded in to help support the drilling maybe ? is there any other way to do it without drilling it ?

Will would have to comment on that one. I have the installation guide if you want to check it out.

ICPREY
11-14-2013, 04:09 PM

Yea it's easy to install the FMIC, I just don't want the increase in coolant temp from blocking off air to the radiator. I also like the fact you can remove a S/C and sell the car somewhat stock, if you ever have to.

slitherv10
11-14-2013, 07:27 PM
Yea it's easy to install the FMIC, I just don't want the increase in coolant temp from blocking off air to the radiator. I also like the fact you can remove a S/C and sell the car somewhat stock, if you ever have to.

Anyone looking at a car that is turbo'd would be looking for just that, a turbo car. Why someone would want to buy a turbo car and have the turbo removed to bring it back to stock when there are countless amount out there that are already stock and have not been "driven hard" is beyond me.
On another note, having it removed by the owner in order to sell it to a larger market (turbo cars are not for everyone) , is also a negative in that knowing that the car was turbo'd and driven to limits, only says that it is tired and would need a complete refreshing. Again, you could get one that is stock and fresh.
You make a car into a turbo car then be prepared to take a huge loss in returns. As is the facts out there in the market where Turbo cars are going for fractions of what they were worth to build. S/C cars to me are even worse. The motors are usualy stock and are pushed well over the HP amount the S/C puts out to th rear wheels. You need to push your motor to 750HP to get 575 HP to your motor. That puts a larger strain on your car as would a turbo system. IMO. I am sure a perfectly installed and tuned S/C car can last for many miles when driven and taken well care of. It all comes doen to making a correct build for the outcome.

Just hate to put holes in my frame . A frame that was designed to handle the power levels of the said car and now we go ahead and weaken that yet ADD HP....yikes. Does not sit well with me. They are out there and they have survived but, its not the point really. If 1.5 to 2 inch holes in your frame is something you can overcome, then be it. Its not for everyone.
RSI makes some of the best Turbo systems out there for the Viper. They are around because things work. How they work and to what extent your willing to go to acquire them, is up to the individual. There are also systems out there that do not require holes in your frame, but they also have draw backs. Its a tee teer totter that can't be balanced.

Nixon's SRT
11-14-2013, 07:36 PM
There are no holes in my frame.

Food for thought...we have the holes for the exhaust off the headers that curves down the side of your car...and you lift the car just inches away from that factory hole...

slitherv10
11-15-2013, 09:06 PM
There are no holes in my frame.

Food for thought...we have the holes for the exhaust off the headers that curves down the side of your car...and you lift the car just inches away from that factory hole...

A standing lift and a 160 MPH run around a track putting the car through multiple stress points and G's is something else. Launching your car with 1000+HP down a drag strip would be something to think about when making holes in your frame no? A car designed with 450 HP and now has 1000HP under the same engineering and stability has me thinking when I'm altering the foundation of the car. Making small 1 inch holes in a stationary 2X8 in your homes floor joists and making a 2 inch hole in a 2 X4 inch metal frame under stress is not comparing apples to apples. I'm not going 160MPH in my house.

Longhornsmark
11-15-2013, 10:24 PM
Maybe Wil could answer a few of the questions here.. Anybody ever twist up the frame of their car with an RSI tt setup? I have heard a lot of great things about these guys and their service but no issues about running these lines thru the frame. I'm I missing some info here?

slitherv10
11-15-2013, 10:53 PM
Maybe Wil could answer a few of the questions here.. Anybody ever twist up the frame of their car with an RSI tt setup? I have heard a lot of great things about these guys and their service but no issues about running these lines thru the frame. I'm I missing some info here?

Putting a hole in any solid structure that is meant to support the said, will only hurt it. It won;'t make it stronger or better. That's just fact. Now, has anyone ever had an issue with a bent or twisted frame? The real question would be, has anyone owned a TT car long enough with holes in the frame and put it through the drag strip countless amount of times to find out? Has anyone really checked in order to know? I'm sure at 650-850 HP levels th frame could last and hold up, but, most people that go the TT route are looking for HP numbers above that. If your building a TT for 650 or 700 HP than you might as well save the dineros and put in a S/C in my opinion.
To the defense of your system and RSI, they are a reputable company and have built many cars well beyond 1000HP levels and they have held up with no known problems that I have heard of anyway. Your system is not capable of hitting those numbers anyway, so, I think the holes would be irrelevant at this point and no matter.

Can I ask why it has not sold yet at the price well below what RSI is asking for the equivalent?

Longhornsmark
11-15-2013, 11:08 PM
Couldn't say why, I won the kit in the VCA raffle and paid my taxes for the unit. If no one wants it I sure do when I save the money to add another car. I'm not trying to make a fortune from winnings just want sell it to someone that wants this for their car.

slitherv10
11-15-2013, 11:20 PM
I know you said you had multiple offers at 9000 when you had it priced at 10K, so it shouldn't be hard to sell at this point. Where are all those guys now that offered 9K...tire kickers I'm guessing.

Longhornsmark
11-15-2013, 11:47 PM
There have been tons, it'll sell or collect dust which is a shame for guys that would appreciate this tt.

slitherv10
11-15-2013, 11:53 PM
There have been tons, it'll sell or collect dust which is a shame for guys that would appreciate this tt.

Well GLWTS. If you do end up keeping it, make sure you upgrade to the better intercooler Will offers right now (he himself does not like this one in the kit) and upgrade to the 6766 turbos, Give you more options in the future.

Longhornsmark
11-16-2013, 12:02 AM
We'll GLWTS, great advice. Thanks

plumcrazy
11-16-2013, 05:08 AM
Id like to hear from will on the cutting. i saw the install instructions and thats a pretty good size hole. I have to think there is a way to do it without that hole.