PDA

View Full Version : Linamar/ Wellington

golfer15
03-23-2014, 12:20 PM
I would like to say a BIG THANK YOU to Jay, Mike, and Linamar for organizing, sponsoring, and allowing, yesterdays Viper engine plant tour, and luncheon. Very informative (even with the noise and ear plugs)!! You don't realize just how big a 10 cylinder engine is until it's beside an 8, and a 6.

Just an FYI, in speaking to one employee, Chrylser(Conner Ave) has a stricter higher standard for the engines than GM has for the Corvette. In a lack of better words, they want better than perfection!!

And the luncheon at Wellington Motors was excellent. Thanks again Mike, and we'll be over for the leftovers tomorrow, oh ya, the rest of the club is coming too!!!

It was also GREAT to see such a large turnout, even though the weather was not kind to some overnight. I, and I'm sure others, hope that trend continues into the fall.

John

J TNT
03-29-2014, 04:18 PM
Thanks Golfer ! We are the First Viper Club to do The Engine Plant Tour :) Membership does have its perks ! :cool:

slitherv10
03-29-2014, 09:10 PM
I would like to say a BIG THANK YOU to Jay, Mike, and Linamar for organizing, sponsoring, and allowing, yesterdays Viper engine plant tour, and luncheon. Very informative (even with the noise and ear plugs)!! You don't realize just how big a 10 cylinder engine is until it's beside an 8, and a 6.

Just an FYI, in speaking to one employee, Chrylser(Conner Ave) has a stricter higher standard for the engines than GM has for the Corvette. In a lack of better words, they want better than perfection!!

And the luncheon at Wellington Motors was excellent. Thanks again Mike, and we'll be over for the leftovers tomorrow, oh ya, the rest of the club is coming too!!!

It was also GREAT to see such a large turnout, even though the weather was not kind to some overnight. I, and I'm sure others, hope that trend continues into the fall.

John

Thanks Golfer ! We are the First Viper Club to do The Engine Plant Tour :) Membership does have its perks ! :cool:

I would like to thank both of you guys firstly for taking position this year as directors of the club. With such dedicated and hard working individuals like you guys and the rest of the team, it looks like we are in good hands once again. The out going directors had planted the seed and the club has grown into one of the largest ones on the VOA. The directors that have stayed on will add some great valuable experience and leadership so as to continue the goal of producing some of the greatest cruises, luncheons, tours and memories that we all continue to share and experience day in and day out in this club we call the greatest club in the world.

You two will be a great addition to this club bringing in new vision, goals and insight that will only add to this clubs already fulfilled spring, summer and fall events.

A special thanks to Jay ( J TNT above) who put that tour together and for the rest of the directors who I am sure helped to make this happen.

A salute to our President John Malatesta who has put countless hours in meetings, phone calls, and his great leadership that leaves us all feeling confident, safe and most importantly special, to be part of the Ontario Viper club/VOA. he is a soft spoken gentleman who carry's a great punch. You had to fill some big shoes with our last presidents accomplishments and your doing it in great fashion.

Thanks again Jay and John for posting here and expressing your gratitude towards each other and the rest of the gang that made this happen

Looking forward to a great 2014 year of events.

J TNT
04-01-2014, 11:21 AM
Thanks , oddly enough it was 9 months for the logistics to work out.....lol ! :)