PDA

View Full Version : Hagerty Zoom meeting Vipers at Le Mans

Fatboy 18
12-09-2020, 07:41 PM
Tuned in today (or rather Midnight GMT) Just wanted to say well done to the team that put the meeting together. Awesome

Not sure how to thank the Drivers for their stories, but please pass my thanks on. :dude3:

Viperenvy
12-09-2020, 09:00 PM
Hagerty has great connections and puts together great events like this for club partner members.

For the weekly events open to everyone, here is the link: https://www.hagerty.com/drivers-club/events

It is empty because of the time of year but fills up. Sign up for the email notification.

gfviperman
12-09-2020, 09:13 PM
That was most enjoyable and enlightening ...

The behind the scenes stories by the drivers were hilarious at times ...

Justin Bell was a great MC and Tommy Archer and David Donahue added super back up stories and details ...

Interesting to hear strings being pulled from the top with little warning rolling down to the race teams/drivers ...

Also agree that Chrysler/Dodge had it all rolling along well and then quit the endurance races.

Well, they did this in the NASCAR Car and Truck Series as well ...

Wish I had taped this!!!

RacerJRP
12-09-2020, 11:10 PM
Really enjoyed this. The "real story" behind events I watched as a young kart racer and rabid Viper fan at the time is highly entertaining. Was hoping Justin would touch on the Le Mans experience difference between the GT2 Viper in 97+ and the GT1 McLaren F1-GTR from 95. He wheeled two icons of the mid-late 90's. Saw the McLaren diecast behind him...maybe there was a Viper poking around as well.

MO_Better
12-10-2020, 07:01 AM
I thought there were some interesting parallels between their stories about running the viper and stories I've heard about Shelby's team running the Daytona in the 60's - the dominant speeds down the straight, the prototypes drafting THEM, etc.

Agree, it was very well done!

Simms
12-10-2020, 08:09 AM
Really cool listening to them talk about the back stories, and I agree with them about Dodge missing an opportunity. Happened again when they won with Kuno in GTLM recently then cancelled the program.