PDA

View Full Version : Build sheet question

Ohiotj
03-20-2014, 09:44 PM
My car seems to have been very well taken car of and not used alot. I was wondering where the build sheets were put in these cars when they left the factory. If you know where I should look please chime in. Thanks.

B4 You
03-20-2014, 09:53 PM
My understanding is that in 1993, the build sheets were put in an office file and then were destroyed. Build sheets were not put in the cars. What "100 club" are you talking about?

Fatboy 18
03-21-2014, 04:58 AM
Do you mean the window sticker that would have been on the cars at the Dealership with price and options? or the Day Month Build sticker that is normally found on the drivers door under the latch?

Shooter
03-21-2014, 05:05 AM
Do you mean the window sticker that would have been on the cars at the Dealership with price and options? or the Day Month Build sticker that is normally found on the drivers door under the latch?

No, he means the actual build sheet attached to the car on the assembly line. It's a big deal with Muscle car collectors. GM used to stick them on top of the gas tank in Vettes and slomaro's.

A2008
03-21-2014, 07:45 AM
Having restored quite a few Muscle Cars in my past, I understand your question of the "Build Sheet". I once sought out this same question on the Viper. I quickly learned that no build sheet is attached to the car once it leaves the line. The next best option you have is contact the Chrysler Customer Assistance Center ( If they are still in business!) and ask them if they have or will give you a Sales Code Description sheet of your car. This has all the sales codes and description of what was built on your Viper. I was able to get a copy of this when my 2008 Viper was new. Not sure what they are doing 6 years later! I have this along with the Window Sticker and the Chrysler Motors LLC Invoice. Also as you work on your Viper you may find body panels with dates and maybe names written on them. I found one such rear qtr panel that was dated 1/11/2008 and signed :" The Bob" on it! with a smiley face. Hope this helps
A2008

BlknBlu
03-21-2014, 08:07 AM
i have an 09 ACR and it was just laying in the interior of mine. no hidden place.

Bruce

Ohiotj
03-21-2014, 09:27 AM
Thanks guys. I already had a breakdown of the VIP from Chrysler. And with the 93's not having much difference in them I wasn't sure if they used them or not. All the cars I've had before had them though. I know most newer cars come with them sitting on the seats as stated above. I am putting in a roll bar in a few weeks so I will report if I find anything.