PDA

View Full Version : SCT and the Gen 5

Jack B
10-30-2013, 07:40 PM
I talked to a very good source today and SCT is releasing their new CC tuning platform within the next 90 days. Their plans were to add the Gen 5 PCM to their package and then do the Gen 4, however, they could not find a Gen 5 to use as a mule, so they developed the Gen 4 tuning software first. That means the Gen 4 package should be out with the new SCT platform along with the tuning capability for several other newer CC cars. The Gen 5 is supposed to follow fairly quick. If I were to rate the accuracy of this info, I would give it a 90%+ chance of happening. The new hardware is already finished.

Here is the chance for all those on the fence about the Gen 5 because of the locked PCM to stand up to the plate with their cash, otherwise we will know they are blowhards who never would have purchased a Gen 5.

Venomus
10-30-2013, 07:51 PM
Great news for my Gen IV. Long overdue.

Space Truckin
10-30-2013, 08:10 PM
:drive:
I talked to a very good source today and SCT is releasing their new CC tuning platform within the next 90 days. Their plans were to add the Gen 5 PCM to their package and then do the Gen 4, however, they could not find a Gen 5 to use as a mule, so they developed the Gen 4 tuning software first. That means the Gen 4 package should be out with the new SCT platform along with the tuning capability for several other newer CC cars. The Gen 5 is supposed to follow fairly quick. If I were to rate the accuracy of this info, I would give it a 90%+ chance of happening. The new hardware is already finished.

Here is the chance for all those on the fence about the Gen 5 because of the locked PCM to stand up to the plate with their cash, otherwise we will know they are blowhards who never would have purchased a Gen 5.

:t1236: :drive:

MKALSABAH
10-30-2013, 09:50 PM

can't wait but good news! and any info on how much hp?

KRATEDISEASE
10-31-2013, 02:39 AM

when the gen5 comes with 700 or 750Hp OEM stock and as a result the gen5 is again blowing the doors off every other car...... then no one will blowhard but will instead be blowing OFF

MoparBoyy
10-31-2013, 07:11 AM
I know who's car they were going to be using for Gen 4 development, but as far as i knew they had not even started on the VENOM controller yet.

FLATOUT
10-31-2013, 10:19 AM
I know who's car they were going to be using for Gen 4 development, but as far as i knew they had not even started on the VENOM controller yet.

This is what I was thinking.

VENOM V
10-31-2013, 12:14 PM

:t1236:
LOL yes I will be watching. Good post Jack. A lot of people were bitching about the price of the car too. Now they can be had for about $12K off. No more excuses. Price is lower and unlocked PCM coming soon. Go get your Vipers boys! You won't be sorry :lol2:

Voice of Reason
10-31-2013, 01:12 PM
Perfect time for everyone in the south to get the kinks worked out, then all us up north can get in on the fun in the spring.

Viper Specialty
10-31-2013, 01:34 PM
Hey Jack,

I also recently spoke to SCT about the new releases, and I think whoever you spoke to may have jumped the gun on this one. The new devices are of course a reality, and are needed to support some of the newer dodge products- no surprise there and is of course true. However, the hardware being completed and software being written are two very different things. The Viper application is still too small to make a good business case, especially as an early launch. SCT did confirm that a couple Vipers have been in and out of R&D, but that would have likely been for scanning and download purposes- engineering the new UI is far more involved, and there would need to be a solid customer base to justify it, as well as extensive in-house testing. Remember that the Viper application is a good bit different than any other application they are running, and some of the software is proprietary and owned by other companies- this means that it would require even more reverse engineering than other applications as parts of the code will not cross reference into anything recognizable.

In short, I wouldn't count on the Viper applications to be leading the way on this new hardware. If it happens, it would likely be bringing up the rear.

Murpowa
04-10-2014, 12:41 PM
Any updates?

Does the Gen V have more potential for handheld tuners than the Gen IV? A few companies have had success unlocking new SRT8 ECU's...

donk_316
04-10-2014, 03:21 PM
Hold on. Thought the twin turbo guy was saying the stock gen5 injectors max out around 675? The tuner would be good for power under the curve though

Coloviper
04-10-2014, 04:25 PM
Someone needs to buy that 5 year old in San Diego (who cracked the XBOX Security Accounts last week) a cookie. He could get it done. Has anyone ever thought that just maybe the code may be a lot simpler to crack and everyone is just assuming it is just too complex. Password code could be "VM-01" or "Corey Vettesuc" for all we know!

EdwardETraylorIII
04-10-2014, 05:38 PM
Stock injectors max out at 675? I know the OEM fuel pump cannot supply enough fuel reliably past 675 RWHP....