PDA

View Full Version : IN KY VOA FYI Indy Cars amp Coffee Sept 26 2020 at Lions Park Zionsville IN

Steve-Indy
09-19-2020, 09:51 AM
IN/KY VOA...FYI...Indy Cars and Coffee Sept 26, 2020, 7:30 AM til 10:00 AM (EDT) at Lions Park, Zionsville IN

Hello, All:

Fall weather is here!! Considering this year's late start to "Viper Driving", I thought that this gathering might be of interest to at least some of you.

As you may recall, the COVID-19 restrictions will still apply....masks, social distancing, as well as a maximum number of 175 parking spots (SEE LINK).

https://allevents.in/zionsville/indianapolis-cars-and-coffee-hosted-by-zionsville-lions-park/200019832196141

BREAKING NEWS: The new Sycamore Street Bridge is NOW OPEN...after 9 LONG months!! This means that one can easily access the Lions Park from Michigan Road (U.S. 421) on Sycamore Street (formerly called State Road 334) which is also the western extension of Carmel's 116th St.

For those of you who plan to attend...GET THERE EARLY. While the link above points out alternative parking, I am sure that most would prefer to park in the main, designated area.

Once again, if anyone has a check engine light (CEL or MIL) or Low Tire light, let me know in advance so that we can attempt to read and clear the light if appropriate.

Questions? Viper needs?...CALL me !!

Happy Fall,

Steve Fess, "Special Ops" Coordinator, Viper Owners Association IN/KY Region, Inc. 317-402-9013

cnusbtkg
09-21-2020, 08:00 AM
How many of us are planning on attending? I'll be there for sure. Just a thought... due to the limited spaces available, do we want to meet somewhere and drive in together so we can all park together? Let's make this a great Viper turnout!

Steve-Indy
09-21-2020, 02:51 PM
With that in mind, how about meeting at Champion CJDR between 7:00 and 7:15 AM...departing at 7:15 SHARP and heading north on US 421 to Sycamore St. (116th...old 334) which will allow us to turn RIGHT into Lions Park?

At that point, if we would happen to get turned away, I can lead us to a safe, secure area within easy walking distance.

All other suggestions are welcome.

Steve-Indy
09-24-2020, 07:43 AM
This AM, I sent an email to Members suggesting that we meet at Champion as posted above.

The weather should be fine.

Steve-Indy
09-25-2020, 03:02 PM
Several have indicated they will join this "Viper parade" from Champion Lions Park.

The more the merrier !!

Steve-Indy
09-26-2020, 10:00 AM
Great turnout !! Our posse included 7 Vipers, a McClaren, and a pristine 1972 Lada. Aside from some "distancing" there were more interesting cars of all types than I have seen in a long time...and, as some left more came.

Thanks to ALL who participated
..and thanks to the Lions for hosting this event.

P.S. Keep watching this forum as we will be updating info on the October events shortly.