PDA

View Full Version : IN KY VOA FYI Ray Sweers Fantastic quot Fall Color Tour quot Oct 24 2020 in Elkhart IN

Steve-Indy
09-16-2020, 02:51 PM
IN/KY VOA...FYI...Ray Sweers' Fantastic "Fall Color Tour" Oct 24, 2020 in Elkhart, IN...KEEP READING !!!

Hello, All:

Today I received a very interesting email from LONG TIME Viper owner/racer Ray Sweers. Many of our "more seasoned" Members not only know Ray but have also been to his LARGE Viper shop for various Viper gatherings, parties, and parades in the past...including testing on the dyno just down the street. Some have also sought his expertise is solving their own Viper's issues, noting that Ray always graciously lends a hand. If you have not met this gentleman...NOW is the time as he has a very intriguing plan for this upcoming event. This comes at a perfect time this year given the stress and strain of the COVID-19 situation. Please read Ray's email found below:

"Hello Steve:

I am planning on having another Viper gathering here at my race shop on Saturday, October 24th. The theme of the gathering will be "Fall Color Tour". If the weather looks bad as of Thursday the 22nd we will pull the plug and cancel.

The plan is to provide music, food, drink and the opportunity to look at your car above and below and get assistance/ advice if desired. I would like to especially encourage attendance from people who are interested in buying or selling a Viper as we will have some vehicles available to purchase. Of course we will be paying attention to social distancing, hand washing and masks would be recommended.

Thanks,
Ray Sweers"
================================================== ================================================== =======

While there are many more details to be announced (such as his plans for food, music, and social distancing), please mark your calendar as I assure you this will be well worth your time and effort. For years, Ray has provided friendship to the Viper community and has certainly been the "Viper glue" for owners across Northwest, Indiana as well as Southwestern Michigan, while also drawing folks from the Greater Chicago area.

IF YOU PLAN to attend, please contact Ray DIRECTLY so that he can make a head count for ordering the food. Also, if you are thinking about buying or selling a Viper, this will be an unparalleled opportunity to see things first hand. In my opinion, this sure beats dealing with all of the unknowns of Internet dealing !! HATS OFF to Ray for thinking out of the box !!!

Ray's contact info is:

Cell 574-215-8777

Email ray@positroncorp.com

Finally, "Thanks Ray" for offering this to ALL VIPER OWNERS !!!

Best regards,

Steve Fess, "Special Ops" Coordinator, VOA IN/KY Region, Inc.

Steve-Indy
10-18-2020, 10:54 AM
IN/KY VOA...FYI...REMINDER...Ray Sweers' Fantastic "Fall Color Tour" Oct 24, 2020 in Elkhart, IN !!!

Hello, All:

As a reminder, below you will see the original invitation from Ray for this event.

"Hello Steve:

I am planning on having another Viper gathering here at my race shop on Saturday, October 24th. The theme of the gathering will be "Fall Color Tour". If the weather looks bad as of Thursday the 22nd we will pull the plug and cancel.

The plan is to provide music, food, drink and the opportunity to look at your car above and below and get assistance/ advice if desired. I would like to especially encourage attendance from people who are interested in buying or selling a Viper as we will have some vehicles available to purchase. Of course we will be paying attention to social distancing, hand washing and masks would be recommended.

Thanks,
Ray Sweers"

Ray's contact info is:

Cell 574-215-8777

IF YOU PLAN to attend, please contact Ray DIRECTLY ( ASAP) so that he can make a head count for ordering the food. Also, if you are thinking about buying or selling a Viper, this will be an unparalleled opportunity to see things first hand. In my opinion, this sure beats dealing with all of the unknowns of Internet dealing !!

I have recently "heard a rumor" that among the possible cars for sale, there may be a Viper Competition Coupe...and, possibly a couple of other turn-key, early generation Viper race cars. Furthermore, owner attendees might also have a car or two for sale. COME ALONG and see for yourself !!!

"YES"...there will be an Indy convoy traveling North on U.S. 31, then East on U.S.20 to the Elkhart area...then to Ray's shop. The details will be announced Friday, October23, 2020.

As noted above:

"If the weather looks bad as of Thursday the 22nd we will pull the plug and cancel."

QUESTIONS ??? CALL me !!!

Steve Fess, "Special Ops" Coordinator, VOA IN/KY Region, Inc. 317-402-9013

Steve-Indy
10-19-2020, 02:22 PM
IN/KY VOA...EVENT TIME + INDY CONVOY INFO for Ray Sweers' Fantastic "Fall Color Tour" Oct 24, 2020 in Elkhart, IN !!!

Hello, All...here is the latest information on this event from Ray Sweers:

"Starts at 10:30 AM... Lunch at noon... Short tour at 2:30 PM (ALL times are EDT)

I (Ray) need to get an email from all who plan to attend so that I have enough food and also have the ability to contact them should weather become a factor. I will also give them the address through their email.

By the way we have 26 cars coming this far. Hoping to pick up a handful more. Right now no rain for Saturday but a bit cool...

Thanks, Ray Sweers"

Ray's contact info is:

Cell 574-215-8777
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The "Indy Convoy" will meet at Indy's Champion C-J-D-R at 7:30 AM EDT and DEPART AT 8:00 AM SHARP !!

PLEASE FUEL before you arrive at Champion...4505 West 96th St., Indianapolis, IN 46268

We will take I-465 EAST to U.S. 31 (Exit31), then proceed NORTH on U.S. 31 to just South of South Bend where we will take U.S. 20 EAST to Elkhart, IN.

As noted above:
"If the weather looks bad as of Thursday the 22nd we will pull the plug and cancel."

QUESTIONS ??? CALL me !!!

Steve Fess, "Special Ops" Coordinator, VOA IN/KY Region, Inc. 317-402-9013

Steve-Indy
10-22-2020, 04:36 PM
At this time, the weather for Saturday looks good...Elkhart AM low 34F with a high of 49F...and, no precipitation.

Indy weather forecast says 36F AM low with a high of 51F...with a less than 10% chance of precipitation.

Steve-Indy
10-24-2020, 07:15 PM
Fantastic turnout today...at least 28 Vipers from IN, IL, and MI arrived in the parking lot...to join 3 Comp Coupes on display next to a BIG transporter rig. The parking lot also held a couple of very cool Viper trucks, a Factory Five Cobra powered by a Viper V-10, and a sweet 57 Oldsmobile. There were several Mopars, one Porsche, and several other cool cars in attendance. Upon peeking inside huge building, one found at least 9 more race cars and a very low mileage 08 ACR !!

Ray welcomed everyone in a very large warehouse that contained many well spaced tables that automatically assured social distancing. He continued with a very well delivered discussion of the merits of attending a driving school instruction course for ALL owners of these Beasts. The lessons learned in such a course carry over to developing safe driving awareness and style on the streets. Ray also let us know about his shop's ability to provide Viper tuning via his relationship with SCT, the Stryker heads that he can source (he purchased the tooling for these high flow heads!!), the DynoJet across the street, coupled with his own in-house, highly experienced staff. He also pointed out the valuable networking within the Viper community that goes into keeping our Vipers road worthy. I need to add that Ray has always welcomed Viper owners in need...and has never failed to solve their issues!!

Next, a wonderful meal was carefully served to all while we enjoyed live music and visiting with Viper friends.

I was not able to stay for the Fall Color drive along the St. Joseph River...but I did see that there were beautiful splashes of color all the way there today.

This was a delightful Viper experience...one highly needed by all with all of the COVID restrictions and event cancellations that everyone has endured over the past many months.

THANKS for everything Ray...You Da Man !!!

z20ateU
10-26-2020, 07:03 AM
Agree completely.

We can't thank Ray enough for his hospitality.

GreenVenom
10-26-2020, 09:38 AM
Excellent day!! Steve said it all. Thank you Ray for your hospitality!!

Steve-Indy
12-18-2020, 02:49 PM
What a great surprise!! Today, the mailman delivered a very large package to our front door. Inside was a huge blowup of a photo that Ray took of our car with me standing beside it, with my nane in the upper right corner, and all three Viper logos across the bottom. This print also has an inset showing an overhead shot of Vipers covering the parking lot...all of which is printed on a large piece of plastic material (21" x28")..and, is REALLY COOL !!

As noted, this was a very enjoyable event...a final fling of the 2020 Viper year. Ray is certainly a fantastic organizer and host.

Keep your eye on the 2021 schedule...and you may get an opportunity to sample Ray's event next Fall.

MANY THANKS, Ray...and Happy Holidays to You and Yours !!