PDA

View Full Version : Just ordered one of these

Drummerviper
03-19-2014, 03:52 PM
A 650 spyder. Love my 12C and with the added P1 touches, the 650 is interesting. Got it in aurora blue color shown--not usually into bright cars, but I personally liked this one--not everyone's cup of tea.

ViperSmith
03-19-2014, 03:53 PM
From new McLaren in Tysons?

Looks beautiful. Let me know when you take delivery :p

Stretch
03-19-2014, 04:12 PM
Awesome!! Excited to hear your impressions of it. A few weeks back I was lucky enough to be walking down the street when a silver 12C spyder drove by and was very heavy on the go pedal. The sound that echoed off the buildings was absolutely amazing.

The_Greg
03-19-2014, 04:13 PM
Very nice. Is your 12C a spyder also?

Drummerviper
03-19-2014, 04:22 PM
Yes. my 12 is a spyder and has been a great car (based on 4K miles). Clearly the quickest car I have owned. I wish it had more room--at 6'4" it is a stretch getting in and out--and yes with the software update and the sport exhaust it has a great exhaust note.

I think the NVa Mac facility will be owned by the Philly dealer where I buy but NVa is not selling for now--just service far as i know

ViperSmith
03-19-2014, 04:40 PM
They've got about 9 spyders at the NoVA lot (I live a mile away, hard to not stop in...) - no idea about the ordering of the new car.

But you are right, it is part of the Philly dealership.

Drummerviper
03-19-2014, 04:46 PM
Didnt realize that. My guess is used 12s but who knows. The one in Philly is also a huge Porsche outlet and I think the largest McLaren dealer in US

ViperSmith
03-19-2014, 07:36 PM
Didnt realize that. My guess is used 12s but who knows. The one in Philly is also a huge Porsche outlet and I think the largest McLaren dealer in US

Nope, all new ones! They've moved a few too. They have (or had last time I stopped by) zero used in stock.

I think they will do well in Tysons, hopefully.

swexlin
03-20-2014, 10:35 AM

Correct. I live a few miles from the McLaren and Porsche dealerships, and work about 1/2 mile from his Maserati dealership. He usually brings a car to our local Saturday C&C. Congrats, that's a nice stable of cars you have there.