PDA

View Full Version : Comments on the Gun Industry Covid

Patentlaw
08-06-2020, 05:05 PM
I am not a gun guy by any stretch of the imagination. That being said, I am stunned at the lack of inventory of both guns and ammunition inside the United States. Down in Houston, for example, many ranges do not even have ammo to operate. Gun stores have little to nothing in inventory. The pieces that they do have are so expensive, they are the items for the true pro or collector.

How the gun stores and ranges make money these days is beyond me. I hear that it is nation wide.........is this true in your area?

John N
08-06-2020, 08:47 PM
I too am in the Houston area but am pretty well stocked and haven’t been shopping lately. I have a good friend in Ohio that has been struggling with supply up there too. He ended up going back to our hometown to buy a couple pistols, in a smaller market he was able to find them and they were still at pre-shortage prices. If you are looking it makes sense to try smaller towns. Did you try the major stores like Carter Country and Academy?

Patentlaw
08-06-2020, 08:50 PM
Just making a general observation. Looking at stuff on the internet and everything is gone........Articles in Houston talk about the lack of supply.

commandomatt
08-06-2020, 09:46 PM
People are stocking up for obvious reasons.

John N
08-06-2020, 10:10 PM
Yep, the police have made it pretty obvious. If they won’t even protect their own house they sure as hell aren’t going out of their way to protect yours. Add to that the Soros DA’s that are releasing assault and worse offenders on PR bonds and it is a bad mix. I certainly am planning an exit from Harris County.

ViperJon
08-07-2020, 07:12 AM
You want to see gun sales skyrocket and no supply? If Biden wins and the leftists take the Senate you won’t be able to buy one round anywhere.

Patentlaw
08-07-2020, 05:21 PM
You want to see gun sales skyrocket and no supply? If Biden wins and the leftists take the Senate you won’t be able to buy one round anywhere.

As I have some personal experience with Joe at my law school, I can say with some certainty that Joe is not an NRA member......If you want an AR-15, you better buy it now....

Bryan Savage
08-10-2020, 08:10 AM
Nothing common on the shelves here in PA or in CO where I was last week.

I don't own any guns, but think I ought to get a couple. My theory is... look for what ammo IS available and buy a gun that fits it. Sure, it might cost you $1 a round, but ammo will be available. What's your life, your stuff, and your livelihood worth, should it come to that?

Patentlaw
08-10-2020, 10:18 AM
Nothing common on the shelves here in PA or in CO where I was last week.

I don't own any guns, but think I ought to get a couple. My theory is... look for what ammo IS available and buy a gun that fits it. Sure, it might cost you $1 a round, but ammo will be available. What's your life, your stuff, and your livelihood worth, should it come to that?

I think that this is the sentiment around the entire country. Do this by millions and nothing left........

ViperTony
08-10-2020, 10:38 AM
It's incredible. Broker I deal with can't keep up with demand and is essentially in the dark as to when the manufacturers will be shipping more inventory. Permit classes have been maxed out around here since March with no end in sight. But yes the physical gun shops around here have limited inventory.

Gen3CoupeTX
08-10-2020, 01:41 PM
I'm in Houston, TX too ... And can say there was definitely no shortage at the range I was at on Saturday. There were also 30 people there for the LTC course that I was in, so no shortage of money being spent at this joint. It was packed all day long.

13COBRA
08-10-2020, 01:45 PM
Now is still the time to BUY BUY BUY. I promise if you buy a gun for $1,000 today, it'll be worth $1,500 in two months.

GreenVenom
08-11-2020, 09:01 PM
Gunbroker.com.
Armslist if allowed in your state.
Buy ammo in bulk from the net. Several thousand rounds is only a few hours of fun at the range.

Policy Limits
08-24-2020, 01:29 PM
I waited over 45 minutes to enter my shop. Took another 20 minutes once inside and I was only there for ammunition!