PDA

View Full Version : UK Region Website

Fatboy 18
03-17-2014, 03:42 AM
Hi Dave, I know its work in progress but thought you might need some feedback.

Front page.

I think there are some pictures or coloured logos left and right at the top of the home page? All I am seeing is a thin coloured line of a compressed pic?

This is also the same in the Articles section. I can not see the pics on Jans import experience?

I can see the pic you posted of the fluids. :)

www.driveviper.co.uk

I'm running windows 8.

GBS
03-17-2014, 08:17 AM
I'm running Windows 7 with IE 11 and I can see the logos at the top. I'm heading over to the UK on April 5th for a couple of weeks. I was over there last month and I didn't see any vipers. Of course it was cold and raining almost everyday.

MADMAX
03-17-2014, 04:14 PM
I'm running Windows 7 with IE 11 and I can see the logos at the top. I'm heading over to the UK on April 5th for a couple of weeks. I was over there last month and I didn't see any vipers. Of course it was cold and raining almost everyday.

Hey, GBS - you're timing couldn't be better - we have a get together in the UK on 6th April to start the year - you're welcome to join us - just let us know.

8.4L 154
03-17-2014, 04:58 PM
Thanks Mark, My first worry is you were on XP and some old version of IE as I know it doesn't support the CSS used, but then you said win8 and I know you have a new laptop so what browser are you using? I guess I better dig out my win 8 machine and check it out though.

Fatboy 18
03-17-2014, 05:13 PM
Think I'm using internet explorer? Not Google chrome.

8.4L 154
03-17-2014, 05:30 PM
Thanks, that should make it easier, hopefully my win 8 laptop will have the same problem, I'll take a look in the morning. Kind of funny though that it works ok on win7 IE but I had seen some comments about IE not handling image sizes very well but it had seemed ok where I tested it. I can see a possible reason why you are seeing the "fluids" and maybe not the others though as the fluids pic has both the W and H sizes defined whereas the others only set the width to let the browser figure out the other from the image, possibly though IE on Win 8 is reading height="" as 0 though.

Are you seeing the slideshow on the homepage?

Fatboy 18
03-17-2014, 05:45 PM
Yes, the slide show is fine, not sure about that bloke in the red viper though :D

8.4L 154
03-17-2014, 05:49 PM
just got my win 8 laptop out an its working fine on IE, so something weird going on. Are you sure your using Internet Explorer?

Fatboy 18
03-17-2014, 05:51 PM
Where do I check internet settings?

OK I go to the tile screen and hit an e symbol with internet explorer below it. This then takes me to Google home page, I then go to the website of my choice :)

8.4L 154
03-18-2014, 04:28 AM
Sounds like IE.

I have made some changes to the main page that might help, does it look any better now? as in can you see the VOI logo and Union Jack? Nb if it is the same can you make sure you refresh the page by pressing F5 or hitting the refresh button.

Fatboy 18
03-18-2014, 04:52 AM
OK if I hit the refresh button I can now see the front page logos but the Article page looks the same Dave :(

I will bring my HP Laptop to Luton Lunch so you can see what's going on.

Getting there :)

GBS
03-18-2014, 05:30 AM
Hey, GBS - you're timing couldn't be better - we have a get together in the UK on 6th April to start the year - you're welcome to join us - just let us know.

Thanks for the invite MADMAX! Mark had emailed me about the meet. I would love to make the Viper meet and meet you guys if I can swing it. For me it's a business trip. I need to drive to Corby sometime on Sunday for meetings on Monday morning.

Gary

8.4L 154
03-18-2014, 06:56 AM
OK if I hit the refresh button I can now see the front page logos but the Article page looks the same Dave :(

I will bring my HP Laptop to Luton Lunch so you can see what's going on.

Getting there :)

Cool, if the home page is ok now I know what the fix is for the rest, How about now?

Fatboy 18
03-18-2014, 03:29 PM
Cool, if the home page is ok now I know what the fix is for the rest, How about now?

Brilliant, that's got it :hog: Had to hit the refresh button again but I can now see all the pics, Well done :)

8.4L 154
03-18-2014, 04:11 PM
Excellent, not sure why your browser is interpreting the sizes differently, but the way I have coded it now shouldn't make a difference elsewhere so if it works better for some browsers.

Anyway thanks, that's just the sort of feedback I need as I cant test it on every set up, not promising I'll always be able to fix it so easy though :)

8.4L 154
03-18-2014, 04:24 PM
checkout the new article

http://www.driveviper.co.uk/articles/viper_passion/viper_passion.html

See how many you recognise from the BBQ?

VIPER BAZ UK
03-18-2014, 05:28 PM
Corby isn't far from our lunch meet in Luton..... Drop by and say hi.......

Great work Dave... Can we sorry YOU edit that weirdo out in the red sticker car...

- - - Updated - - -

People are looking because we have been getting Emails through...

8.4L 154
03-18-2014, 05:40 PM
What you mean this one

VIPER BAZ UK
03-18-2014, 05:47 PM
LOL!!!!!!

That's 100% better....

8.4L 154
03-19-2014, 09:30 AM
Sorry this is just a test post for my latest fiddling

GBS
03-19-2014, 11:52 AM
Corby isn't far from our lunch meet in Luton..... Drop by and say hi.......

What day is your lunch meet in Luton?

Fatboy 18
03-19-2014, 02:20 PM
What day is your lunch meet in Luton?

Sunday Lunch time April 6th ;)

Fast Red owners required to tell those Yellow owners the error of their ways BAZ! Yellow and black striped cars, irritating little things like Wasps :p

GBS
03-19-2014, 04:06 PM
Sunday Lunch time April 6th ;)

Fast Red owners required to tell those Yellow owners the error of their ways BAZ! Yellow and black striped cars, irritating little things like Wasps :p

Mark, I just noticed you said the Fancott Pub is on Luton Road so I take it VIPER BAZ UK is referring to the same meet!

Red vipers are definitely faster! :D

Fatboy 18
03-19-2014, 06:25 PM
Mark, I just noticed you said the Fancott Pub is on Luton Road so I take it VIPER BAZ UK is referring to the same meet!

Red vipers are definitely faster! :D

Yes, the same event ;)