PDA

View Full Version : 2006 SRT-10 HVAC air direction control fix?

Viktimize
03-16-2014, 03:38 PM
I don't know if this is a common problem someone might have a simple fix for? Thought I would ask before I bring it in. The selector for which vents I want my air coming out of does not seem to function correctly. There is deadspace in the switch, so I have to turn the knob almost all the way to one end to get air out of the vents, and then almost back completely the other way to air on my legs. There is nowhere to get a true split between legs and dash vents. My guess would be that there is a bunch of play in the actuator mounts, so the actuator has to take up all that slack before it can actually start moving the air door.

Anyone else had this issue and know what the problem turned out to be? If it's something simple I will do it in the garage. But if I have to rip the whole dash apart then I'll just take it to let someone else have the headache.

Timnineside
03-16-2014, 07:06 PM
Subscribed. I have a 03 Dodge Ram with a similar issue I've been dreading tackling. My problem is I get great air flow but Zero adjustment. It just blows on my face all day. The controls match my vipers from the front plate.