PDA

View Full Version : GEN 1 Tune Info

95Viper
03-15-2014, 07:17 PM
Am thinking about getting my GEN 1 ECU tuned... was wondering if someone who has had DC/SPT custom tune there's could chime in. My curiosity is that for the cost what kinda gains did you get? Was it worth the money? Any aspect of the tune not work for you? Better idle? Still maintain street drivability? Car runs good with all the mods but if I can get more HP and its real not imagined I'm all in... thanks ;)

AaronFL
03-15-2014, 08:00 PM
Mine is currently being tuned at SPT. No comment on the tune yet, but his communication has been excellent! Dan Cragin has a great reputation going far back with Vipers. Hopefully others will chime in with their experiences.

RPM9000
03-16-2014, 03:58 PM
Dan tuned mine a couple of years ago. I was happy with my dyno numbers before the tune but I was a little lean. I wanted to be able to run wide open throttle without worrying about burning a piston etc. So I actually lost some horsepower with the tune but I don't have to worry about hurting the engine. My numbers were before tune- 498 rwhp and after 480 rwhp, 541 rwt. I hope this helps.

Viper67wife
03-17-2014, 09:24 PM
Dan tuned our '94 a few years ago as well. Needed it after cam and exhaust. The new cam was so lumpy it was torture to do any street driving, much better now. Awesome sound! Stock was 384 hp, now I'm at 420 hp.

Diane